What's new

World Bank approves $12 billion, five-year loan for Pakistan: Ishaq Dar

:woot:That'll be wonderful when a new government shows the door to IMF, WB, ADB that go ask for your money from zardai-sharif.
:rofl: oh yea! I am always for freezing their assets coz all that is looted from us! And they have developed their business instead of the country...so its our money we have total right on it!

:woot:That'll be wonderful when a new government shows the door to IMF, WB, ADB that go ask for your money from zardai-sharif.

IMF loan is mostly used to pay back what PPP looted. Basically at the moment Pakistan isn't getting penny from latest IMF loan of $6.7 billion.

And WB always make sure loan is being used in development.

IMF loan is mostly used to pay back what PPP looted. Basically at the moment Pakistan isn't getting penny from latest IMF loan of $6.7 billion.

And WB always make sure loan is being used in development.

bhai are you one of those noon league worshippers? get loans to pay off loans WOW @Talon lets do the biggest WOW at noon league's amazing brilliant ideas they should be invited to TED.

bhai are you one of those noon league worshippers? get loans to pay off loans WOW @Talon lets do the biggest WOW at noon league's amazing brilliant ideas they should be invited to TED.

PPP have fucked up Pakistan in last 5 years. Railway by ANP minister and PIA by PPP. Not to forget other dozens of public departments in losses amounting $5 billion every year. I can't deny that ganjas has done way better job in Federal goverment. Also PTI in KPK also has done good job compared to corrupt ANP.

Just looking at the comments, one wonders if most of the people have actually READ the article?

Countries just love WB loans - they are the best.

Yes we will pay them all back. Pakistan being in midst of an energy crunch really needs this money. This loan could mean at least 1% growth in our economy. Anyone care to calculate that number?

Extreme pessimists will have to eat their words a few years down the road. IA, I shall remember this thread and remind all the extremists of their words.

WB loan is like a vote of confidence. It means that we are expected to do well - and we shall.

All you haters need to put up something solid and fact-based before anyone can give you the time of day.

PDF can be such a load of xyz at times.

PPP have fucked up Pakistan in last 5 years. Railway by ANP minister and PIA by PPP. Not to forget other dozens of public departments in losses amounting $5 billion every year. I can't deny that ganjas has done way better job in Federal goverment. Also PTI in KPK also has done good job compared to corrupt ANP.

I do agree about PPP, so did noon league check out the twin tower bald brothers are developing in london or 2-3 malls in saudi arabia or the recent business investments in China and Turkey and the waiving of their 6billion rupees loan for one of their Industry. However I don't agree to noon league's better governance Federally if they could they would in their first try....give me the project I can bring in 500 buses in one Just Province as a start up with better passenger services/stations for less than 3 billion rupees compared to shahbazi's plan.

I must add, those who advocate taking and giving loans shows positive sign are living in lala land, it is a complete trap for a country like Pakistan...grow and build businesses, industries and excel in Agri field show signs of recovery instead of depending on loans, we shouldn't speak ill of hindustan infact forget them go see Thailand that nation has become industrial nation with $168B reserves learn something from that small nation. How about I teach mr shabaz something say it costs 1.5crore for a bus X 500 buses for Punjab that's 750million rupees incudes other infrastructure like bus stations for passengers that shouldn't cost more than 250m rupees. There is MEGA corruption going on...

I must add, those who advocate taking and giving loans shows positive sign are living in lala land, it is a complete trap for a country like Pakistan...grow and build businesses, industries and excel in Agri field show signs of recovery instead of depending on loans, we shouldn't speak ill of hindustan infact forget them go see Thailand that nation has become industrial nation with $168B reserves learn something from that small nation. How about I teach mr shabaz something say it costs 1.5crore for a bus X 500 buses for Punjab that's 750million rupees incudes other infrastructure like bus stations for passengers that shouldn't cost more than 250m rupees. There is MEGA corruption going on...

Thailand with per capita $6000 is far from industrilized nation. Yes corruption happened but Rs 70 billion was for development of roads for metro bus. Not for busses alone.

Again what about Dasu, Bunji, Basha dams? Separate loans for them or this figure include them? Good if this money is used for dams development, i hope WB keep close eye on the development.
this include loa for dasu.
no loans for bhasha and bunji
bhasha dam financing was completed by WAPDA but govt rejected it , as the financing input from govt was 25%=4 billion dollars in 8 years. the rest 75% was to be done by asian bank , supplier credit and other banks.
bunji from start govt was trying to hand over it to three goges china but the there is a mess in tariff nepra offers around 6 cents and Chinese want around 8 cents.

in short govt is ready to bail out PIA , railway for billions every years but isnt ready to supply same amount of money for the far important bhasha dam..!! which would save alone fuel worth 3 billion dollars

bhasha dam financing was completed by WAPDA but govt rejected it , as the financing input from govt was 25%=4 billion dollars in 8 years. the rest 75% was to be done by asian bank , supplier credit and other banks.
bunji from start govt was trying to hand over it to three goges china but the there is a mess in tariff nepra offers around 6 cents and Chinese want around 8 cents.

in short govt is ready to bail out PIA , railway for billions every years but isnt ready to supply same amount of money for the far important bhasha dam..!! which would save alone fuel worth 3 billion dollars

I was reading Neelam dam of 979mw which will be completed in 2016 will save $500 million every year or more. So one can imagine how much money can be saved by Dasu, Bunji and Basha which will generare 16.000MW between them. Good thing at least it include Dasu, but only half of Dasu can be completed before Basha.

Ganjas should think long term, Pakistan need to get loan for Basha some how.

No matter what pro noon leaguie says, it is all corruption...what was the favourite words mein nahi manta mein nahi janta!

I do agree about PPP, so did noon league check out the twin tower bald brothers are developing in london or 2-3 malls in saudi arabia or the recent business investments in China and Turkey and the waiving of their 6billion rupees loan for one of their Industry. However I don't agree to noon league's better governance Federally if they could they would in their first try....give me the project I can bring in 500 buses in one Just Province as a start up with better passenger services/stations for less than 3 billion rupees compared to shahbazi's plan.

if PML N privitize all govt insitutes even at scrap value (provided they keep on running) they will save 5 billion dollars annually.
if they build dams even at 100% low interest loan, the bahash dam has a DIRECT ERR of 3.8yrs (return rate) so that 100% loan can be repaid in 8 years with interest.
or if they allow private sector to develop dams.
the problem with us is that we want angels nothing less, i dont care how corrupt the govt is because inefficiency hurt more than corruption. e.g even if the PTI/PPPP leaders are saints but IF they refuse to privatize institutes and plug in losses of 5 billion dollars annually which is equal to whole education budget than its disaster for Pakistan

we should learn for USA, where everything is privatized and regulated
regulated specific loans for high ERR project is a true blessing for pakistan trust me, look at tarbela dam for instance..
pakistan is one of very few countries in world with immense hydro potential probably more precious than gas or oil if properly utilized
inshort its not the corruption that matters MORE but govt polices, look at india and china they are as corrupt as we are...

I was reading Neelam dam of 979mw which will be completed in 2016 will save $500 million every year or more. So one can imagine how much money can be saved by Dasu, Bunji and Basha which will generare 16.000MW between them. Good thing at least it include Dasu, but only half of Dasu can be completed before Basha.

Ganjas should think long term, Pakistan need to get loan for Basha some how.

noone is offering loan for bhasha unless govt atleast funds 25-40%
same goes for bunji.
they will have to got he route of neelam jehlum project i.e finance partially themselves to built them
frankly govt is more interested in building metro bus service than crucial dams
govt is lucky that WB is offering nearly 90% loan for dasu project

Back
Top Bottom