What's new

Winner of MRCA: time to place ur bets

Which fighter aircraft do you think will win MRCA deal?

• Rafale

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Eurofighter (typhoon)

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • Mig-35

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • F-16 super viper

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • F-18 super hornet

Votes: 38 22.0%
  • SAAB Gripen

Votes: 11 6.4%

• Total voters
This poll is not right, people are selfish:P

Else Rafale would be winning...

Buy Eurofighter we need to lift the Uk economy lol and i have shares in BAE systems too lol

I'd love to see some Rafales parked in Bagdogra air base. Hope the French do something about their under-powered engines. Seriously, I am tired of seeing MiG-21s there

My choice is based on IAF requirements for a single engine multi-role fighter, influenced by other factors such as Israeli proficiency, operating cost and interoperability with western allies. There are several reasons why the F-16 is a very good choice for the IAF albeit not a fan boy pick from among its more glamorous rivals such as Rafale and Typhoon.

No doubt about that, considering what IAF's requirements are the F16 would be the perfect candidate to fulfil this role. IAF is looking for a true multi role aircraft, out of the entire MRCA competition the F16 along with SH is the best multi role aircraft. The F16 is a battle proven multi role aircraft whose reputation for A2A and A2G role is legendary. Its avionics, weapons system, agility and most importantly JHMCS linked with AIM9-X makes it such a deadly aircraft, their is a reason why PAF is in love with this aircraft.
But for MRCA competition, I doubt that IAF would go for this aircraft. IAF is looking for a double engine aircraft and they are mindful of the mastery that PAF has of the F16. In the past 3 decades, PAF pilots have mastered the F16's with their innovative and new tactics. They have deployed these tactics against superior planes and out bested them. PAF has put this aircraft through such grind but its safety record has been impeccable, that goes to show how wonderful this plane is.
I would place my bet on the Super Hornet, its a tried and tested platform and most importantly it comes with the American weapons package. I am sure the IAF would love to get its hands on the AIM9X, AMRAAMS, JDAMS and Mavericks. EF and Rafale; no matter how beautiful they look, they still haven't matured unlike the Super Hornet which is a tried and tested platform.

Rafale of course, the best allround fighter and the best allround offer! :tup:

Buy Eurofighter we need to lift the Uk economy lol and i have shares in BAE systems too lol

:D I think the Eurofighter partners will argue the same way, to get at least some more exports, especially from their original orders. Too bad what happend to this development!

Last edited:
F-16IN is the most efficient, economical platform in this list. However I am voting for Gripen because it gives more independence towards the IAF to configure its own.

P.S: God knows What EADS guys are doing in Delhi these days.

F-16IN is the most efficient, economical platform in this list. However I am voting for Gripen because it gives more independence towards the IAF to configure its own.

P.S: God knows What EADS guys are doing in Delhi these days.

I hope finalising EJ 200 engine, as well as more involvement in LCA, I don't see EF coming if it can't offer an AESA radar on time.

I hope finalising EJ 200 engine, as well as more involvement in LCA, I don't see EF coming if it can't offer an AESA radar on time.

So does Rafale's.. Eco engine and AESA still two years away.

i did go for gripen .... avery flexible fighter .low on maintainence.quick to deploy.i would have gone for f 16 ..cos it meets the similiar prospects... but the fact that paf are veterans in f16 details , and the likeky hood of them getting the same version planes in near future ,i have my bets on gripen... the other contenders are fancy and new ...but definately they will be expensive to maintain... gripens blue prins will also help in the devlopment of lcamk2.... as for eurofighter let the navy buy them:azn:

So does Rafale's.. Eco engine and AESA still two years away.

Not really, both 2 years away of beeing available for customers, which means ready developed and in serial production. While AESA for EF will only fly in first test versions by 2013, according to latest reports. Availability for customers only by 2015, if everything goes without any delays, so Rafales AESA will be in operational service for 3 years by then.

No doubt about that, considering what IAF's requirements are the F16 would be the perfect candidate to fulfil this role. IAF is looking for a true multi role aircraft, out of the entire MRCA competition the F16 along with SH is the best multi role aircraft. The F16 is a battle proven multi role aircraft whose reputation for A2A and A2G role is legendary. Its avionics, weapons system, agility and most importantly JHMCS linked with AIM9-X makes it such a deadly aircraft, their is a reason why PAF is in love with this aircraft.
But for MRCA competition, I doubt that IAF would go for this aircraft. IAF is looking for a double engine aircraft and they are mindful of the mastery that PAF has of the F16. In the past 3 decades, PAF pilots have mastered the F16's with their innovative and new tactics. They have deployed these tactics against superior planes and out bested them. PAF has put this aircraft through such grind but its safety record has been impeccable, that goes to show how wonderful this plane is.
I would place my bet on the Super Hornet, its a tried and tested platform and most importantly it comes with the American weapons package. I am sure the IAF would love to get its hands on the AIM9X, AMRAAMS, JDAMS and Mavericks. EF and Rafale; no matter how beautiful they look, they still haven't matured unlike the Super Hornet which is a tried and tested platform.

Agreed, the original IAF requirement is for a single engine multi-role fighter. Recall how the Mirage had to be urgently retrofitted for operations in Kargil. The IAF has since learnt its lesson and upgraded existing hardware to deliver precision munitions but it is abundantly clear to win a war you need to systematically destroy the adversary's ability to make or sustain war. This means destroying enemy infrastructure and logistics on the ground, A2A capability is secondary to A2G role for the MRCA acquisition.

I suspect an F-16 win primarily due to close India - Israel ties, F-16 acquisition will allow both unprecedented interoperability and cooperation. If the two were to ever perform joint operations they could do so using the F-16 without revealing the extent of the cooperation for political considerations. Similar synergies exist for Pakistan and its allies Turkey and UAE to name a few.

The fact that Pakistan operates F-16's shouldn't deter the IAF from acquiring the F-16's since strategies are typically formulated around several military assets used in-combination to achieve a desired result. In addition, there is precedence to prove my point both Turkey and Greece operate F-16's.

Agreed, the original IAF requirement is for a single engine multi-role fighter. Recall how the Mirage had to be urgently retrofitted for operations in Kargil. The IAF has since learnt its lesson and upgraded existing hardware to deliver precision munitions but it is abundantly clear to win a war you need to systematically destroy the adversary's ability to make or sustain war. This means destroying enemy infrastructure and logistics on the ground, A2A capability is secondary to A2G role for the MRCA acquisition.

I suspect an F-16 win primarily due to close India - Israel ties, F-16 acquisition will allow both unprecedented interoperability and cooperation. If the two were to ever perform joint operations they could do so using the F-16 without revealing the extent of the cooperation for political considerations. Similar synergies exist for Pakistan and its allies Turkey and UAE to name a few.

The fact that Pakistan operates F-16's shouldn't deter the IAF from acquiring the F-16's since strategies are typically formulated around several military assets used in-combination to achieve a desired result. In addition, there is precedence to prove my point both Turkey and Greece operate F-16's.

U know lot of times people tend to see the obvious and decide on the outcome of a thing, however this does limit the scope of deduction due to the possibility of the unknown. I think the F-16 is a dark horse in this competition, many of us here think due to uncertainity of US policies this plane could not win, but if so the govt would never have sent a request for it, Also there could be a business decision in this too, since F-16 is operated by many airforces if India goes for this then the Manufacturers could move the supply lines to India and could export from here.

In addition to this i have another which u can clarify does operating F-18 has any link with F-16?? or can somebody go straight for F-18??

Rafale all the way!!!! :cheers:

rafale1049.jpg

rafale_cvn65_20070724.jpg

Dassault_Rafale.jpg

Back
Top Bottom