What's new

Winner of MRCA: time to place ur bets

Which fighter aircraft do you think will win MRCA deal?

• Rafale

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Eurofighter (typhoon)

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • Mig-35

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • F-16 super viper

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • F-18 super hornet

Votes: 38 22.0%
  • SAAB Gripen

Votes: 11 6.4%

• Total voters
Hehe, of course it's in Americas interest if India gets over it, but with our experience, it's better to be carful and independent, instead of slipping into another dependency.

True, the F18SH offers the best capabilities in A2G role of the contenders, but right behind it comes the Rafale, with better performances in other roles and that's its big advantage, to be more balanced in different roles than any other fighter! Even the French offer is also the most balanced in various fields (ToT, source codes, no restrictions, sanction proof, customisation with Indian techs, or weapons, fast delivery of Rafales if we want, operational carrier version, commonality with present IAF fighters, exellent experience with Mirage 2000...).

The best for IAF is the fighter and the offer, that suits at best between MKI/LCA and gives the most advantages, not only some advantages in specific fields. Be it F18SH with best A2G, or EF with best A2A performances, but both lacks in other areas.
However, at the end it could be a political decision and if it will be a US fighter, I hope for F18SH, but generally the Rafale must be the way to go for India!

Where is my buddy PRATEEK....??? :lol:

One small question. All bids have bid validity.

Any one knows when bid validity of these bids is going to end?

Has MOD asked any company to extend bid validity recently?

Dude , were u sleeping ,all the competitors have furnished there renewed bid as of last month
Eurofighter Gmbh even anounced that they have reduced the bid price to make the typhoon more competitive , and also thanks to recession , Euro has fallen to 1.2 USD from 1.5 USD , hence making european aircraft cheaper

Hehe, of course it's in Americas interest if India gets over it, but with our experience, it's better to be carful and independent, instead of slipping into another dependency.

True, the F18SH offers the best capabilities in A2G role of the contenders, but right behind it comes the Rafale, with better performances in other roles and that's its big advantage, to be more balanced in different roles than any other fighter! Even the French offer is also the most balanced in various fields (ToT, source codes, no restrictions, sanction proof, customisation with Indian techs, or weapons, fast delivery of Rafales if we want, operational carrier version, commonality with present IAF fighters, exellent experience with Mirage 2000...).

The best for IAF is the fighter and the offer, that suits at best between MKI/LCA and gives the most advantages, not only some advantages in specific fields. Be it F18SH with best A2G, or EF with best A2A performances, but both lacks in other areas.
However, at the end it could be a political decision and if it will be a US fighter, I hope for F18SH, but generally the Rafale must be the way to go for India!

The Rafale is too damn expensive...if India wants to waste money for an aircraft she does not actually need then Rafale is the way to go.

The cheaper and the better fitting plane(IMO) in the IAF is the Super Hornet.

The Rafale is too damn expensive...if India wants to waste money for an aircraft she does not actually need then Rafale is the way to go.

The cheaper and the better fitting plane(IMO) in the IAF is the Super Hornet.

See and that's what many people don't understand, if the Rafale offers more advantages (like those I mentioned before), the higher costs are not a waste, we would pay more and get more in return!

You can see the same in the competition in Brazil, where the F18SH is for sure one of the most cost-effective offers, but the limited ToT and bad experience with US restrictions, leaves it with the least chances.
The Rafale instead offers independence, is not bound to such restrictions and offers ToT and the possibility for JV / partnerships too (the French are ready to help in KC 390 development and will order some in return to fullfil the offsets, also they offered Brazil to build Rafales for the South American market).
Not to mention the strategic and political advantage with France as a partner, Brazil bought 50 EC725 helicopters, new French subs, 10 Fremm frigats are possible and even a new carrier in future is in sight.

Be it for the Brazilian forces, their defense industry, or Brazil as an emerging power, France is clearly the best option for them, even though they are the most expensive one!

And that's should be our aim too, not only choose the cheapest like we did in the past, but that offer/fighter, that offers the most advantages.

You can see the same in the competition in Brazil, where the F18SH is for sure one of the most cost-effective offers, but the limited ToT and bad experience with US restrictions, leaves it with the least chances.

Gripen NG i heard.......................
And it came ahead in evaluations by Air-force based on cost-effectiveness . Business community also pushed for Gripen NG in Brazil .

But deciding factor when the winner is announced will be Political backing that Rafale got from Lula ,Jobim ,Sarkozy .

No matter how good your aircraft is , if you lack in some aspect ( even if it is influence,power wrt to US ) - don't expect to win .

F18 , F15 have been export success against Rafale + Eurofighter bcoz of political maneuvering by US . Even in India , case will be same Geo-political major chunk . German Ambasssdor has already expressed that .

^^yeah..it seems so...

On a side note, it is becoming increasingly difficult to take sides..Every company is making one offer after other...
Which one is yours..?

I am up for anything . For me all are good .

I can only fantasize to see Rafale or Eurofighter in service . But I doubt it will ever happen .

Well i don't give a damn to what IAF buys....i think we have good folks there who will ultimately decide to buy a nice bird...

But my point to them is atleast do something yr...i am waiting from last 2years for this deal to overcome...always just fulfilling my fantasies with my bid changing rapidly...:cheesy::cheesy:

If any one from MOD is listening please end my curiosity and and choose man... cant wait more......:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Latest Bid on: Rafale :flame:
cause
EF :way too costly.....
F-16: nah we want something new.... its too old..(but still good)
F-18: when we will actually need them..americans will pose restrictions
Gripen: LCA not too far now
MIG 35: too much maintenance required and we already have too much russian stuff

WHAT CAN I DO COULDN'T CONTROL TO BID AGAIN....AFTER ALL I AM A HUMAN....:yahoo::yahoo:

the US stays far ahead in developing and using air to air missile in battle. russian missiles are not battle tested. meteor is not developed yet and the french ones are also not battle tested.
And what would you say when US says "no sonny jim, you can't use those SH untill you toe my line"? Which AAM and which ASM would you use then when you can't even get teh fighters off ground?

Any ideas? Does it need a revision in geo-politics to make you understand:

Anything you get from US whether however cost effective and mission-worthy it might be; no matter whether you get it in aid or you get it by paying money, There's NO TOT, no independence etc if you don't toe their line and say "yes sir".

Look at the list of countries that have again and again gone through the same cycle thinking "oh they did it to them because it was them; they won't do it to us".

MORAL: A man is either insane or foolish if he repeats the same mistake again and again.

SH might pack a bang for buck but not if you carefully take a look at it.

Back
Top Bottom