What's new

Winner of MRCA: time to place ur bets

Which fighter aircraft do you think will win MRCA deal?

• Rafale

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Eurofighter (typhoon)

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • Mig-35

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • F-16 super viper

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • F-18 super hornet

Votes: 38 22.0%
  • SAAB Gripen

Votes: 11 6.4%

• Total voters
Rafale (desperately) and SH (politics) both.

We need fighters in time. One vendor will not be able to deliver the number in time.

However, there is no information available about SH performance at Leh.

Rafale all the way..

Reasons:

1)The recent Garuda exercise
2) Dassaults recent offer of 40 fighters upfront
3) Willingness to part with greater ToT
4) Awarding of C-130,C-17,P-8I,M777 ULH and also probably Apache CH to US, PAKFA, upgradation of Mig -29 , Transport Heli deal etc to Russia.
5)France's rejection of the avionics suite for JF 17 all point to a decision to select the Rafale.

Sigh...If only I had been the Defence Minister...;)

Last edited:
F-18..it will win ..affordable,battle prooven and best in the class.and also if we have any trust issues with the Yankees we shouldnt had bought all the weapons we are buying from the US

I voted F-16

May i know what is the reason?:what:

If India ditches the Russians on it, Pakistan should make a play for it.

I hope some smartass is thinking to swoop in when India ditches them.

Not so soon ji....we have an even bigger deal for abt 250 5 th gen fighter aircraft with them.
Added to that are the 42 more MKI,2 Akula class SSN,Brahmos Missiles,Transport heli deal,upgradation of abt 60 Fulcrums,3 Krivak IV frigates etc etc..

U think u can beat these deals..?

Personally I think the Mig-35 is the best option, can be upgraded further, is good bang for buck. If India ditches the Russians on it, Pakistan should make a play for it.

I hope some smartass is thinking to swoop in when India ditches them. I think the AESA option can be lived without for now.

Dont Day Dream of MiG-35 to Pakistan or any Russian Deal to Pakistan :blah::blah:

Rafale all the way..

Reasons:

1)The recent Garuda exercise
2) Dassaults recent offer of 40 fighters upfront
3) Willingness to part with greater ToT
4) Awarding of C-130,C-17,P-8I,M777 ULH and also probably Apache CH to US, PAKFA, upgradation of Mig -29 , Transport Heli deal etc to Russia.
5)France's rejection of the avionics suite for JF 17 all point to a decision to select the Rafale.

Sigh...If only I had been the Defence Minister...;)

Agree with u....................

rafale all the way.............

May i know what is the reason?:what:

My choice is based on IAF requirements for a single engine multi-role fighter, influenced by other factors such as Israeli proficiency, operating cost and interoperability with western allies. There are several reasons why the F-16 is a very good choice for the IAF albeit not a fan boy pick from among its more glamorous rivals such as Rafale and Typhoon.

super hornet seems to be the winner if it is a political decision....... seems like babu's are not worried abt sanctions...... personally i wouldnt go fr american planes.....
eurofighter is best plane but multi role functions are limited..... mig 35 is cheapest- full tot - aesa radar - commonality of parts- is completely multi role and is better than anything our main enemy is likely to get in the next few years...

Rafale and Hornet are going neck to neck.....

I voted Rafale.

Dont Day Dream of MiG-35 to Pakistan or any Russian Deal to Pakistan :blah::blah:

Why, do you have intimate relations with Russian leadership?
Did they slip this talk to you in an intimate stance?
We are already using the engine, why not the jet?.
Sarcasm can be doled out in many forms, using it like a boy uses his genitals in puberty isnt a good idea. Especially against senior members.

If the Chinese could buy S-70 choppers when relations thawed I see no problem with us buying Russian hardware.

Any my vote is for the Gripen or SH.. :victory:

Why, do you have intimate relations with Russian leadership?
Did they slip this talk to you in an intimate stance?
We are already using the engine, why not the jet?.
Sarcasm can be doled out in many forms, using it like a boy uses his genitals in puberty isnt a good idea. Especially against senior members.

If the Chinese could buy S-70 choppers when relations thawed I see no problem with us buying Russian hardware.

Any my vote is for the Gripen or SH.. :victory:

Yes but that is different, Russia would not do it not because of relations with Pakistan but because of their relations with India, a much closer and historic friend which just happens to have a MUCH bigger market and MUCH more potential. Mig-35 for PAF, sorry but just NO. Maybe in 50 yrs or so.
+And anyway could PAF afford them, the only way they have recieved a/c in the last 30+ yrs has been through US HANDOUTS with US AID and their friends China subbing them cloned a/c.

Anyway my vote is EFT as Indians are not stupid, EFT is the newest a/c (Mig-35 is just upg MiG-29) with most of its lifetime still to come. Also EADs are offering full partnership and ToT. India will look at the bigger picture
+EFT is a great a/c!

Back
Top Bottom