What's new

Winner of MRCA: time to place ur bets

Which fighter aircraft do you think will win MRCA deal?

• Rafale

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Eurofighter (typhoon)

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • Mig-35

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • F-16 super viper

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • F-18 super hornet

Votes: 38 22.0%
  • SAAB Gripen

Votes: 11 6.4%

• Total voters
The competition is going to be only American or Russian and the choice would be part political.

Going American would mean Russia can then be pursued by Pakistan for defence deals as well, so that will be in the back of Indian minds.

Going Russian would miff out the Americans for all that they've invested in India and sidelined Pakistan for.

Most probably they'll go for Americans

This deal will not harm any nations sentiments, as india has already Invested double the times in these nations, so this is Just a deal to rejoice.... And Next What makes You think that pakistan can attract Russia, financially and Morally????

Any ways Our relationship with Russia is not Built on just deals, and even if one deal collapses, our relationship would not Come to a stalemate

Personally I think the Mig-35 is the best option, can be upgraded further, is good bang for buck. If India ditches the Russians on it, Pakistan should make a play for it.

I hope some smartass is thinking to swoop in when India ditches them. I think the AESA option can be lived without for now.

Personally I think the Mig-35 is the best option, can be upgraded further, is good bang for buck. If India ditches the Russians on it, Pakistan should make a play for it.

I hope some smartass is thinking to swoop in when India ditches them. I think the AESA option can be lived without for now.

And who you think will pay for PAK FA bills?

superbug and superbug

Most of the Indians will support EFT or Rafale but Super Hornet looks most probable winner.

I wish Rafale but will put my money on F18 SH.

I second those opinions. Why? IAF is basically looking for a strike fighter (remember they wanted to buy M2Ks?), a bomb truck which can also fight. No other aircraft matches the capabilities of SH. Politically it also makes sense, EULA is not going to affect any IAF plans. Think about it. EF does what MKI does. We got MiG-29s to do what F-16 does. Apparently, SH is far better in it capabilities and also battle proven as compared to Rafale (both can be grouped in the same category - bomb truck/fighters). Gripen - technologically and geopolitically a small fry.

So, SH its going to be, should be!

With the PAK-FA, the Russian threat has been neutralized. India can buy whatever it wants. It will however not buy the American systems, unless it is looking for a long time defence partner in U.S.

I dont understand why Many Pakistanis Feel that Russian Doors Will be Open if India does not select Russian Fighter in MMRCA Deal :lol:

During the Visit of Russian President as Well He Made it Clear that Russia Wud Not Enter into Any Defence Deals with Pakistan due to the Concersn of Good Friend India

Not Only Defence ..India ,Russia have Signed Deals worth Billions for Nuclear Plants as Well..

With the PAK-FA, the Russian threat has been neutralized. India can buy whatever it wants. It will however not buy the American systems, unless it is looking for a long time defence partner in U.S.

We have even extended the defense ties with Russia.... Arms Market is Always open to us, Russia wouldnt mind it, Russia Knows India Better than any one... Our Relation is not dependent On A few Deals....

We have many deals already.... MRTA,FGFA,T-50 Pak FA.... Suk 30 MKI upgradation, Mig 29 Upgrades....

There a Lot Space Ventures aswell, Chandrayaan 2 , Launch of 2 GLONASS satellites by ISRO

Cultural Ties, many buddy..... So Just relax a bit

i have little knowledge about fighters......just want the deal go through as quickly as possible with minimum corruption.....

p.s.anythng but f16

russians dont seem very much excited , almost like they've given up.....
also with rafale winning brazilian mrca, its merit rises given the excellent record mirage2000s have with IAF....
so for me....
Dassault-Rafale.jpg

Rafale baby......anytime...

The competition is going to be only American or Russian and the choice would be part political.

Going American would mean Russia can then be pursued by Pakistan for defence deals as well, so that will be in the back of Indian minds.

Going Russian would miff out the Americans for all that they've invested in India and sidelined Pakistan for.

Most probably they'll go for Americans

Mig 35 seems out of the race if the slush of defence deals being awarded to Russia is an indicator (Addnl Su 30s, Mig 29s and upgrade). Between the 3 of the ones I mentioned, the amount exceeds the MMRCA value. So I guess someone in MoD is already covering bases on the Russian front. So in my view, with this, its gonna be an American plane. F 16 is non starter (preference for twin engine) so SH seems to be the future...

just my 2 cents

Mig 35 seems out of the race if the slush of defence deals being awarded to Russia is an indicator (Addnl Su 30s, Mig 29s and upgrade). Between the 3 of the ones I mentioned, the amount exceeds the MMRCA value. So I guess someone in MoD is already covering bases on the Russian front. So in my view, with this, its gonna be an American plane. F 16 is non starter (preference for twin engine) so SH seems to be the future...

just my 2 cents

Hello Karan , Will we Get F-18 Growler Version which USA Uses if we buy it ???

Back
Top Bottom