What's new

Winner of MRCA: time to place ur bets

Which fighter aircraft do you think will win MRCA deal?

• Rafale

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Eurofighter (typhoon)

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • Mig-35

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • F-16 super viper

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • F-18 super hornet

Votes: 38 22.0%
  • SAAB Gripen

Votes: 11 6.4%

• Total voters
Why, do you have intimate relations with Russian leadership?
Did they slip this talk to you in an intimate stance?
We are already using the engine, why not the jet?.
Sarcasm can be doled out in many forms, using it like a boy uses his genitals in puberty isnt a good idea. Especially against senior members.

If the Chinese could buy S-70 choppers when relations thawed I see no problem with us buying Russian hardware.

Any my vote is for the Gripen or SH.. :victory:

Well said...I am fed up of the low quality posts being doled out by new members these days...

Why, do you have intimate relations with Russian leadership?
Did they slip this talk to you in an intimate stance?
We are already using the engine, why not the jet?.
Sarcasm can be doled out in many forms, using it like a boy uses his genitals in puberty isnt a good idea. Especially against senior members.

If the Chinese could buy S-70 choppers when relations thawed I see no problem with us buying Russian hardware.

Any my vote is for the Gripen or SH.. :victory:

Hey santro......yup u have a point in stating that wen u can use the engine ....y not the jet..?

But with such extensive and mammoth deals in joint venture (Refer post # 63 plus Nuke plant deals) u think India will agree to selling a excellent fighter (Fulcrum -35) to Russia and more importanlty will Russia risk the same..?

p.s.: selling mid-range engines is not the same as selling 4.5 gen fighters and also the engine came as a third country export from China not directly from Russia.

Only two more votes since afternoon for Gripen , ??

Well said...I am fed up of the low quality posts being doled out by new members these days...

Jha , I also feel same .
Quality of posts has gone down quite a bit ,

Jha , I also feel same .
Quality of posts has gone down quite a bit ,

All most all the senior and elite members have gone on a "forced vanvaas" ...mayb cos of that

Yes but that is different, Russia would not do it not because of relations with Pakistan but because of their relations with India, a much closer and historic friend which just happens to have a MUCH bigger market and MUCH more potential. Mig-35 for PAF, sorry but just NO. Maybe in 50 yrs or so.
+And anyway could PAF afford them, the only way they have recieved a/c in the last 30+ yrs has been through US HANDOUTS with US AID and their friends China subbing them cloned a/c.

Anyway my vote is EFT as Indians are not stupid, EFT is the newest a/c (Mig-35 is just upg MiG-29) with most of its lifetime still to come. Also EADs are offering full partnership and ToT. India will look at the bigger picture
+EFT is a great a/c!

Well you keep thinking that, and those of us who know better will keep our thoughts. Handouts, pathetic excuse for belittling Pakistan.
Instead of making sarcastic posts. Give a proper argument with backed up info.. or go somewhere else and rant about your disdain of Pakistan.

Uh..karthic I wasn't necessarily referring to buying the Mig-35, more of a point regarding the demeaning remarks made by the poster.
Again, that is a very elusive prospect considering that twice the Indian lobby was successful in averting a Purchase of Russian aircraft back in the 90's. Not much will change now, And I dont think the Mig fit any requirement the PAF has, The Mix has been decided.. Jf-17/F-16/J-10.

I truly do like the Gripen and feel that what the MRCA tender first sought out to be was written specifically for it.
While the EF and Rafale are fine aircraft, the EF still has to demonstrate its A/G potential and the Rafale.. well lets just leave it at that.
The SH is a good option too, but its more of a bomb truck.. its A2A capabilities lie in its off boresight capability ala JHCMS, something the Gripen will come with too.
Plus, on the off side the LCA is delayed further, the Gripen order can be increased to compensate since it covers that category as well.

Regards.

Last edited:
both EF and F18..with f18 in less numbers..this way we'll get the best fighter and by throwing a bone at US,it will keep its mouth shut...BTW f18 is equally good.

The SH is a good option too, but its more of a bomb truck.. its A2A capabilities lie in its high boresight capability, something the Gripen will come with too.

Regards.

What do you mean by "high boresight capability"?

both EF and F18..with f18 in less numbers..this way we'll get the best fighter and by throwing a bone at US,it will keep its mouth shut...BTW f18 is equally good.
There are several time we have debated against a combo of 2 fighters.
A single vendor is always a good option.

be it any aircraft.

Typhoon!
its swift, fast and powerful!
plus we can have a sense of european technology and we can even make deeper ties with the manufacturers.

Rafale is loosing...:woot:

Whats going on here..you guys are supporting EFT which is not a multirole fighter even now..surprising...

Personally I think the Mig-35 is the best option, can be upgraded further, is good bang for buck. If India ditches the Russians on it, Pakistan should make a play for it.

I hope some smartass is thinking to swoop in when India ditches them. I think the AESA option can be lived without for now.

Well thats conspiracy theory at best ,
Coz india is already inducting su30mki , and by the time we end the induction of 270 aircraft in 2017 , it will be time for inducting the Pakfa
cumulative value of whose 200 fighters is expected to be 25 billion USD whichis more than double the mmrca contract , so it doesnt matter if russians loose this contract , coz they will still not be going anywhere else

Back
Top Bottom