What's new

Winner of MRCA: time to place ur bets

Which fighter aircraft do you think will win MRCA deal?

• Rafale

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Eurofighter (typhoon)

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • Mig-35

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • F-16 super viper

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • F-18 super hornet

Votes: 38 22.0%
  • SAAB Gripen

Votes: 11 6.4%

• Total voters
The Game is Set..Obama will Come to India in November.. In December the News Will Break out That India is Going to Buy F-18 SH

:azn:

Areeee baba...aab baas karo tum log...
Jo bhi jitega accha hoga...

Aur kitna Debate karenge hum log, In our country its best keep no expectations:)....

Let the best fighter win yaar...

Yup.. this was in AFM, cant remember which one. Damocles may be active now, but no one knows for sure if it has been tested operationally, The Gripen can use Litening III pods, since they are from Israel.. another friend happy.
And I believe time has come for India to field its own stand off weapon. DRDO is more than capable of that...(if it has I am unaware of it).

Karthic if the IAF is all for the twin engined doctrine then the purchase of the LCA makes no sense at all or the mirage for that matter, I do sense a twin seat doctrine.. but no twin engine.
Thanks for the 400m correction, and I have written why that may be useful,and what if the enemy manages to break through and chops your runway in two or three, Is it not better to have a fighter that can still takeoff in the remaining useful runway and put up a fight?
The Chinese turbofan's are actually deployed with test squadrons, problem is their lack of knowledge regarding alloy development for critical areas and their FADEC.
The Gripen NG's engine is a derivative of the F414.

Indushek
If the F-16 does win, it wont shock Pakistan, It will infact lead to a very unusual stalemate in term of capabilities, and while the F-16IN will have superior avionics.. all in all, it will still be very similar to what Pakistan knows all about. The PAF knows the F-16 inside out, its limitations, what it can and cannot do aerodynamically. Where it stinks, what are its quirks. So the advantage that the IAF gains in a large number of unknowns in capability presented to the PAF.. in this case that is reduced. I will be surprised if the F-16 wins.. or the Mig-35 for that matter, they are all at the apogee of their design age. And unlike the SH which is still an entirely new aircraft, the F-16IN and Mig-35 are simply their originals on steroids.
Shahrukh khan can make more abs and do full frontals.. but he is still Shahrukh khan.. we know all about him.:P

That was funny and true too :D

is USA govt i ready for full technology transfer which is main condition of MRCA..how ever Gripen,Rafael,EF and Mig-35 is ready for that..

What is full "ToT"...India has full ToT for the Sukhoi MKI. Does this mean India can make an advanced flanker on her own? Of course not.

Any word on the Swedish Gripen NG ? It is supposed to reach supercruise and great thrust with a single engine, come with active elec. scanned array radar, new generation of weapons, modifications to the aircraft, etc. etc.

The aircraft on paper is the best embodiment of the MMRCA. However I am certain that it has no chance for a multitude of reasons. It would be a aircraft worth considering in small batches for your PAF in the future though.

What is full "ToT"...India has full ToT for the Sukhoi MKI. Does this mean India can make an advanced flanker on her own? Of course not.

Technology transfer is the process of sharing of skills, knowledge, technologies, methods of manufacturing, samples of manufacturing and facilities among governments and other institutions to ensure that scientific and technological developments are accessible to a wider range of users who can then further develop and exploit the technology into new products, processes, applications, materials or services.

+

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/32044-total-indigenisation-sukhoi-su-30mki-next-year-hal.html

Technology transfer is the process of sharing of skills, knowledge, technologies, methods of manufacturing, samples of manufacturing and facilities among governments and other institutions to ensure that scientific and technological developments are accessible to a wider range of users who can then further develop and exploit the technology into new products, processes, applications, materials or services.

+

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/32044-total-indigenisation-sukhoi-su-30mki-next-year-hal.html

I know what it stands for...it is just a fancy term to make the buyer feel like he can now learn how to make the aircraft on his own.

Again..India has full ToT for the Sukhoi MKI including the engines...so why can't India make an indigenous engine or some type of flanker variant on her own?

I know what it stands for...it is just a fancy term to make the buyer feel like he can now learn how to make the aircraft on his own.

Again..India has full ToT for the Sukhoi MKI including the engines...so why can't India make an indigenous engine or some type of flanker variant on her own?

HAL testing indigenous Su-30MKI engine

Hope i have answered you.

Because Russia owns the copyright to the Flanker and we have been licensed to build only a certain amount of Flankers not how much we wish to..

We can definitely make our own with very lil cosmetic changes and call it with a name comprising two numbers and an alphabet.

But that is not our policy..we respect intellectual rights...not trample upon them.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::P
All's fair in love and war..isnt that the line??

Let there be a war and you will see Flankers rolling out of HAL without any hindrance ...We will not take the permission of Russia to build more in case of emergency..And russia will also understand this..( You may even see russian Planes coming to join our force..)
So Until there is a war why risk our friendship for a few Planes...

Back
Top Bottom