What's new

Will Mumbai finally surpass Shanghai this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because he wears red? Ha, you communists sure have a weird sense of humor. But I guess you need one when you live in a communist nation.
Replying back just coz you have to without making any sense? I am sure you didn't understand my post. Your brain refuses to grasp some sense of humor. Not surprised since you hail from a country with an IQ of 82. :D

Shanghai is without a doubt a great global metropolis, but that doesn't mean Mumbai cannot at least become a decent city. A more realistic goal for Mumbai would be to first catch up with Lagos in the short term, then catch up with Nairobi within 20 years, and then move on to Baku, and then perhaps match Manila by the end of this century.
Communist states have always had "showcase" cities - there is nothing new in that. A realistic goal for China is to first create an atmosphere where it is not internationally bracketed with North Korea and Pakistan, then gives it people free speech and other basic freedoms that citizens of civilized nations enjoy, then stop its citizens from seeking refuge in countries like India and then by the end of the century it can think of being spoken of in the same breath as maybe Vanuatu

Eh? Type in "BBC rural China" into your search engine.

They even did this big documentary called "Wild China" in which they never even showed a single developed city, it's all rural countryside.

Too local. Countryside is closed. Many of the folks going to PR China need permits to visit almost anywhere. I don't mind that. Only that any country's soul is defined by its rural folk.

Cities are by definition - cosmopolitan.

Like Shanghai is a Global city more than a Chinese city. Not that its bad. Just different.

There is far more coverage on rural communes in India than are available on PR China. Besides, as per that docu - things are not particularly better than things here in India. Perhaps there are more prosperous villages in China as well. Even in general.

Replying back just coz you have to without making any sense? I am sure you didn't understand my post. Your brain refuses to grasp some sense of humor. Not surprised since you hail from a country with an IQ of 82. :D
I can understand why coming from a communist nation, you would not understand dry humor. But give it some time - maybe in a couple hundred years, after you have a free press your future generations will get it. Till then sing some songs in the little red book.

Too local. Countryside is closed. Many of the folks going to PR China need permits to visit almost anywhere. I don't mind that. Only that any country's soul is defined by its rural folk.

Like Shanghai is a Global city more than a Chinese city. Not that its bad. Just different.

There is far more coverage on rural communes in India than are available on PR China. Besides, as per that docu - things are not particularly better than things here in India. Perhaps there are more prosperous villages in China as well. Even in general.

30 million Chinese people live in caves in rural China. That should give you some perspective.

Well you should check out the BBC Documentary in full, it's called "Wild China".

It's focused entirely on the undeveloped parts of China, usually minority villages (you'll notice the locals are often speaking non-Chinese dialects).

Poor minority villages, that's all the BBC wanted to show. And the wilderness.

And yes, life in Chinese rural villages, especially these isolated minority villages is probably not much different from what you might see in India. Not exactly a surprise, did anyone think that poor Chinese villagers lived in space-age skyscrapers?

Documentaries on rural China are actually quite popular if you look around. Among Chinese people especially. It brings about a sense of poetic romanticism, well at least until you try living there without all the benefits of modern technology.

Not exactly a surprise, did anyone think that poor Chinese villagers lived in space-age skyscrapers?
No idea. When it comes to PR China, a comparison with rural Europe or rural USA comes to mind, at least. Not that this is a condemnation. You are an autocratic nation - you have chosen your way to develop. It did turn out good for you (especially since you are a city).

In India rural development is much more tricky, given the nuances of democratic representation. Not good, not bad... just different.

30 million Chinese people live in caves in rural China.
If they have sanitation, it's not bad. Otherwise, that's worse than slums. :(

No idea. When it comes to PR China, a comparison with rural Europe or rural USA comes to mind, at least. Not that this is a condemnation. You are an autocratic nation - you have chosen your way to develop. It did turn out good for you (especially since you are a city).

In India rural development is much more tricky, given the nuances of democratic representation. Not good, not bad... just different.

Rural China has never been a secret, in fact many Chinese and foreign media (like the BBC above) are fascinated by it.

Portraying China as only rich cities goes against the Central Government narrative of a "poor developing China". Why do you think they let foreign media like the BBC come and film it for their documentaries, it pushes their own narrative perfectly well.

I can understand why coming from a communist nation, you would not understand dry humor. But give it some time - maybe in a couple hundred years, after you have a free press your future generations will get it. Till then sing some songs in the little red book.
No, you don't understand. You don't have the capability to. Your IQ doesn't permit you to grasp. :D

That's completely BS. I have travelled to the most rural areas in China. The only place I was not allowed to enter as a foreigner was a town in Qinghai province where the A-Bomb is located. Chinese were allowed to enter as they pleased.

That's completely BS. I have travelled to the most rural areas in China. The only place I was not allowed to enter as a foreigner was a town in Qinghai province where the A-Bomb is located. Chinese were allowed to enter as they pleased.
I believe you. I stand corrected.

Shanghai aside,I bet you donno which city is this one
2.jpg

164644ow7ltstswh5stsjy.jpg
63b8fca3gy1fd45zbg70lj21kw16ohdt.jpg
63b8fca3gy1fd45zpl0dqj21kw16o1kx.jpg
164828ra5ycj1cfmv0aw5a.jpg

You think that building those shitty skyscraper may be a big deal but we do not think that building tall RCC frames and put glass on them is big deal. We build something which no other people can build on the planet. So calm don.
I think it's pain in the butt for you to admit that those skyscrapers are the stark testaments of economic prowess,keep shying away.

You think that building those shitty skyscraper may be a big deal but we do not think that building tall RCC frames and put glass on them is big deal. We build something which no other people can build on the planet. So calm don.
You brag just like how Manmohan Singh did,keep dreaming the crap outta you,I feel sorry for you.

Shanghai aside,I bet you donno which city is this oneView attachment 380618

View attachment 380620 View attachment 380621 View attachment 380622 View attachment 380623

I think it's pain in the butt for you to admit that those skyscrapers are the stark testaments of economic prowess,keep shying away.

You brag just like how Manmohan Singh did,keep dreaming the crap outta you,I feel sorry for you.

Did you know that 229 million rural Indians still live in trees? Of Indians who live in cities, 23% live in garbage dumps or temporary holes dug into the ground, and a further 67% live in slum shacks made of plastic sheets and plywood. In Delhi, one in seven women was raped at least once in the past year, and one in nine men was subjected to rape by other men within the past month. I was absolutely amazed to find these statistics.

By the way, which Chinese cities are these?
29983783943_736da22631_b.jpg

29601244815_8bd44d7a3e_h.jpg

29796913934_9db011dff6_b.jpg

30117181853_ddcdc78047_b.jpg

31028223951_d377f55b0a_b.jpg

7a81d5dbgw1fb3zfek786j21bd0qotiz.jpg

3dc798cbjw1f5acqx70a4j20xc0xck8q.jpg

3dc798cbjw1fa98buiqunj20xc0m8thd.jpg

30244884344_14934193a6_h.jpg

BVOUMFBV5N620087.jpg

BVOUD72S5N620087.jpg

BVOUP8AU5N620087.jpg
BVOUICQJ5N620087.jpg

609a75c9gw1eyhzz0u9f8j21hc0zkawk.jpg
23411977329_bcd1c2ba0c_h.jpg
32704002092_5894898f8e_h.jpg

Last edited:
Even in poor countries poverty can be eliminated in a single city. Conditions should be developed so that those who are poor are unable to find any work in the city and those who work are not poor.

Did you know that 229 million rural Indians still live in trees? Of Indians who live in cities, 23% live in garbage dumps or temporary holes dug into the ground, and a further 67% live in slum shacks made of plastic sheets and plywood. In Delhi, one in seven women was raped at least once in the past year. I was absolutely amazed to find these statistics.

By the way, which Chinese cities are these?
29983783943_736da22631_b.jpg

29601244815_8bd44d7a3e_h.jpg

29796913934_9db011dff6_b.jpg

30117181853_ddcdc78047_b.jpg

31028223951_d377f55b0a_b.jpg

7a81d5dbgw1fb3zfek786j21bd0qotiz.jpg

3dc798cbjw1f5acqx70a4j20xc0xck8q.jpg

3dc798cbjw1fa98buiqunj20xc0m8thd.jpg

30244884344_14934193a6_h.jpg

BVOUMFBV5N620087.jpg

BVOUD72S5N620087.jpg

BVOUP8AU5N620087.jpg