What's new

WILL IRAN WIN THE TECHNOLOGY WAR?

Lol why you guys comapring both Iran and China technological advances?? Both nations doesn't have any kind of hostilities and just have normal friends, and also comapring Iran with China is just like comparing a T-14 Armata with M1A1 Abrams, China is next emerging super power in world stage meanwhile Iran is just regional power
Exactly. I do not see the point of this on going conversation. Iran and China are friends and interdependent. Chinese projects and investments inside Iran have helped the nation grow over the years.

Lol why you guys comapring both Iran and China technological advances?? Both nations doesn't have any kind of hostilities and just have normal friends, and also comapring Iran with China is just like comparing a T-14 Armata with M1A1 Abrams, China is next emerging super power in world stage meanwhile Iran is just regional power
this is how clueless deluded Mulla defies reality by bringing in unrelated stuffs````they have no clue about modern technology and its development

wtf is this muppet trying to say? :lol:

You're not even making any sense now, wtf is that suppose to mean?

You're showing your peasant mentality. No wonder you people were treated like subhuman by the likes of the British. Of course Iran can reach great height in my life time. Not all nations rely on cheap slave labourers like you people you know.

You're either a 12 year old kid or retarded. I won't be surprised with the latter given how much malnourishment you people go through.
again, in your life-time you wont see Iran will be on par with the West on either technology or civilization,```this has nothing to do to against Iran or its people, but its a fact.

Chinese account is a false flagger. Iranians should stop taking the bait. Fikar mikonam o chini nist.

this is how clueless deluded Mulla defies reality by bringing in unrelated stuffs````they have no clue about modern technology and its development

again, in your life-time you wont see Iran will be on par with the West on either technology or civilization,```this has nothing to do to against Iran or its people, but its a fact.

I LOVE the Chinese people, the Chinese History, Hell I even have Chinese tattooed on my arm!

And the western civilization is the Civilization that's never going to be on par with Iran or China's for we have 1000's of years of history and they do NOT!

As for Technology Iran's had a few hundred years of REALLY BAD leadership under the Qhajars and Pahlavi between ~1700 to 1980 out of 1000's of years of civilization and history
Thankfully Iranians kicked out the retarded Pahlavi's and the vest majority of the population shows up to vote election after election
And now as a result
https://financialtribune.com/articles/people/51469/growth-rate-in-science-and-technology-16
https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east...-israel-in-scientific-research-race-1.6051394

https://www.jpost.com/Jerusalem-Report/Will-Iran-win-the-technology-war-435827

As for Iran being on par.... in few area's Iran is already on par with the top 10 and is overall top 17 in the world while only 40 years ago under the Pahlavi's Iran only had 16 universities in the entire country and couldn't produce a thing where as today in most fields we're already in the top 20 and we got here while under SANCTIONS!!!!! So give Iran another 40 years and at our current growth rate we'll be in the top 5 in almost every field and leading the world in a few! So yea depending on how old you are and how long you live it will likely happen within your life time
https://www.jstor.org/stable/24711204?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Learn to use English. Your ghiberish barely makes any sense.
Seriously? a Chinese trying to talk about military mockups? :rofl: Almost your entire military is that.
You claim to be building a 5th gen fighter but are buying 4th gen Russian planes.

Regarding Iran,It's not what we say, it's what our enemies e.g Americans/Israelis are saying:

Iran prowess in missile sector is attested to by them.

You're a nobody to say what Iran can or can't do. You're some malnourished slave labourer. Like I said, the fact is, Iran's science growth is fastest in the world and the gap is reducing between Iran and more advanced western states. Sanctions slow that down but will never stop it. These are facts.

A primitive country with GDP per capita as low as Indonesia (and also with similar IQ level), talk about China like a white supremacist.

I know you Iranian are always (and forever) white wannabe, but soften your tone down a bit is better for you. Historically speaking, Persian civilization is nothing compared to its West and East neighbours (Rome and China).

China labors is much more expensive than Iran for sure, as its average salary is equal to Portugal in 2017.

Yes, perhaps your laziness do not allow you to work in sweatshops, just like Sub-Saharan African workers. They rather dies of hunger or beg on the European streets than working hard. But remember, your white masters (the US or Germany) all had to go through this period to be industrialized)

Last edited:
https://www.jpost.com/Jerusalem-Report/Will-Iran-win-the-technology-war-435827

WILL IRAN WIN THE TECHNOLOGY WAR?
Israel urgently needs a strategic plan to maintain the technological advantage over nations dedicated to wiping out the Jewish state.
BY SHLOMO MAITAL

JANUARY 6, 2016 10:41

>
On My Mind: More Iranian defianc
e
After US exercises restraint on new sanctions, Iran reveals new missile silo
ShowImage.ashx

Students at Qazvin Azad Islamic University, west of Tehran, assemble a solar-powered Havin-2 vehicle for a test drive. (photo credit: ATTA KENARE / AFP)

MILITARY INTELLIGENCE chief Maj.- Gen. Herzl Halevi bears a heavy burden. This “philosopher general,” as a New York Times journalist once called him, is responsible for tracking the deeds, words and even thoughts of Israel’s foes, alerting political and military leaders to potential threats. Halevi’s undergraduate degree is in philosophy.

He told the The Times, “Through the years, I used philosophy much in a practical manner… philosophers spoke about how to balance, how to prioritize...this is something I find very helpful.”

In an unusual closed lecture he gave on October 29 for Tel Aviv’s College of Management, the usually reticent and understated general, formerly head of the elite Sayeret Matkal commando unit and tabbed as a leading candidate to become the next chief of staff, said, “If you ask me whether we’ll have a war with Iran over the next 10 years, I’ll give you a surprising answer. We are already at war with Iran. We’re having a technological war with Iran. Our engineers are fighting Iranian engineers today and it’s becoming increasingly significant.”

He told the daily Haaretz that he was pessimistic. “Today, we have the advantage. Iran is closing in on it. Since the 1979 Iranian revolution, the number of universities and university students in Iran has increased 20-fold, compared with three and a half times for Israel.” Enrollment in science, technology, engineering and math in Iran is skyrocketing, he said.

In other words – in this technology war, Israel is losing.

I read about Halevi’s speech just after reading two reports prepared by my S. Neaman Institute colleagues at the Technion in Haifa comparing human capital in science and technology in Israel, Iran and Turkey. These reports update an earlier study done in 2011.

JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:

New data show that for Israel, in the past decade, science and technology university students per 1,000 persons remained constant at 14, while in Iran, that figure is 25, having doubled in 10 years. Between 2007 and 2014, the number of Israeli universities ranked (in the widely used “Shanghai” list) in the top 100 in the world in science fell from four to three, while Iran managed to place a university in the top 100 for the first time.

Iran has a staggering number of science and engineering college students – over two million, an increase of 161 percent since 2004. For the same period, the comparable number for Israel rose only 20 percent, to 107,000.

According to data of Thomson-Reuters, a global information company based in New York and Toronto, Iran has the world’s fastest- growing scientific output, measured by peer-reviewed articles in international journals. In December 2013, Iran put a monkey named Fargam (“auspicious” in Farsi) into orbit and returned him safely to earth. Rockets capable of launching satellites can also carry military payloads great distances.

Ironically, the economic sanctions imposed on Iran by the West appear to have been a major factor in Iran’s burgeoning science. According to the just issued UNESCO science report “Towards 2030,” “The sanctions… have accelerated the shift from a resource-based economy to a knowledge economy by challenging policymakers to look beyond extractive industries to the country’s human capital for wealth creation… between 2006 and 2011 the number of firms declaring R&D activities more than doubled.” The UNESCO report notes that Iran ranked seventh worldwide for the volume of scientific papers related to nanotechnology.

I spoke to Dr. Daphne Getz, senior research fellow at Technion’s S. Neaman Institute, who led the preparation of all the 2011 and 2015 studies, and asked her about Iran’s rapid progress.

The Jerusalem Report:
Four years ago, you and your team analyzed the Thomson- Reuters Web of Science database and showed how Turkey and Iran are closing the science and technology gap with Israel. The press reported this study widely. Now, four years later, you and your team have issued two new reports on the same topic, providing detailed statistical evidence. Was there any official reaction to your 2011 report? Are our political leaders asleep, or are they aware of the threat posed by Israel’s losing its technological advantage?

Getz: “The report was circulated to all the relevant government ministries. I received responses from two ministries, Education and Defense. Education − from the Chief Scientist, who asked to meet with me, to discuss the possibility of requesting a study of readiness of high school grads for university science and technology studies, and how we can prepare them for such studies, in math, physics and computer science. In the end, owing to bureaucratic obstacles, no such study was ordered.

“I also heard from the Defense Ministry. I met with two senior officials of the ministry, who came to interview me regarding our findings. They told me that, in their unit, our report was compulsory reading. I was impressed that the data in it was taken very seriously, but they did not share with me the actions undertaken (or not undertaken) in response to the trends that we described.”

In the West, Iran’s Shi’ite Ayatollahs are widely mocked and scorned. Top of the list is the leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Khamenei. But Khamenei has decreed that Iran will turn into a major scientific power in the future and his book “The Bliss of Knowledge” (now out in English) is a road map showing how this will be achieved.

Can one imagine Rabbi Aharon Leib Shteinman, head of the Council of Torah Sages, playing a similar role, when ultra- Orthodox schools do not even teach math and science?

The Jerusalem Report: “In Israel, we tend to see our ultra-religious as anti-science. Their schools, for instance, teach math and science poorly or not at all. And we assume that Iran is the same. But Iran’s Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution, led by clerics and ayatollahs, has announced: “The revival of the great Islamic civilization is contingent upon allout progress in science.” The ayatollahs, led by Khamenei, have actually been the driving force behind Iran’s progress in science. Do your data support the Supreme Council’s statement that Iran is indeed massively backing its science, technology and math programs with huge resources?”

Getz: “In Iran, there is no contradiction between science and technology and religion – the opposite is the case. The religious leaders say that Islam is in favor of science and Khamenei, the supreme ayatollah, claims in his speeches that true Islam walks hand in hand with science and technology.

Ayatollah Mohammad Khatami, when he ruled, published in 2005 his vision for 20 years in the future – a road map for economic, political, cultural, and social development whose goal was to transform Iran into a nation with an economy based on knowledge rather than on petroleum. The investment in education and in universities is part of this plan, as are the goals for increasing gross expenditure on R&D as a percentage of GDP and the increase in national investment in R&D per capita.

These investments and supporting policies have led to an increase in the number of students in science and engineering; have stimulated scientific research, and have increased R&D output that finds expression in the steep rise in the number of scientific publications and in the improvement in their quality. In high schools, students are directed to learn scientific disciplines, and this results in achievements in examinations and impressive showings in international competitions in science. Our findings show that the strengthening of achievements in science that we identified in 2011 have continued to this day. Iranian universities not included in the top 500 universities in the world, according to the Shanghai rankings, today appear among the top 100-200 universities in the world in science and engineering.”

The Jerusalem Report: “One of the most interesting indicators your studies provide is that of the Science Olympiads [The International Science Olympiads are a group of worldwide annual competitions in various areas of science designed for the four to six best high-school students from each participating country selected through internal National Science Olympiads.] Iran attaches huge importance to these Olympiads; Khamenei himself met with Iran’s student contestants. You show that Israel’s performance index in this contest for youths is far inferior to that of Iran and Turkey. What is this measure and is it really significant? Does it tell us something about how Iran prioritizes science? Is Israel truly trying its best to identify scientific talent very early and develop it?”

Getz: “The International Olympiads in science compare the achievements of teams of four to six outstanding high-school students from various countries, who compete in math, physics, chemistry, and biology. If we take, for instance, the achievements of Israel, Iran and Turkey in the math Olympiad in 2015, the six contestants from Iran reached 7th place out of 104 countries, winning three gold medals, two silver medals and one bronze. Six contestants from Turkey came 20th, with five gold medals, and Israel’s team placed only 40th, with one gold medal, no silver medals and one bronze.”

Getz drew my attention to Prof. Maryam Mirzakhani, a math professor at Stanford University born and raised in Iran, who last year became the first woman in the prize’s 80-year history to win the coveted Fields Medal, described as the Nobel Prize for mathematics. Mirzakhani won gold medals for Iran in the Math Olympiads in 1994 and 1995, and later studied at Iran’s Sharif University of Technology There is another key area in which Iran has overtaken Israel – science policy leadership.

In his two years in office, Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani has built a cabinet full of PhD technocrats. One of his youngest cabinet ministers is Sorena Sattari, 43, a mechanical engineer, vice president for science and technology. Sattari says he seeks to link science more tightly to the economy and claims he will imbue Iran with “entrepreneurial spirit. He doles out $600 million yearly in low-interest loans to 1,650 start-ups, perhaps imitating Israel’s Chief Scientist grants.

Sattari’s counterpart in Israel is Minister of Science, Technology and Space Ophir Akunis, 42, whose degree is in Political Science. Akunis is young, ambitious, energetic ‒ a rising star in the Likud party. But he lacks academic knowledge of the subject his ministry administers.

Contrast that background with Israel’s first minister of science, Prof. Yuval Ne’eman, whose work on the classification of the basic particle known as the hadron should have won him a Nobel Prize, together with Caltech Prof. Murray Gell-Mann.

The “Towards 2030” UNESCO report notes that in Israel “there is a visible ageing of scientists and engineers in some fields, including physical sciences and engineering. The shortage of professional staff will be a major handicap for the national innovation system, as the growing demand for engineers and technical professionals begins to outpace supply.”

Getz tells me what she believes should be done. We need an urgent coordinated strategic plan, she says, linking the Economics, Education, Defense and Science Ministries to strengthen Israel’s science and technology capabilities and to maintain the technological advantage over nations dedicated to wiping us out.

In Arthur Miller’s play “Death of a Salesman,” salesman Willy Loman’s wife Linda pleads for more respect for her husband, “attention, attention must be finally paid…” Those ringing words apply strongly to the efforts of Iran, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and other neighboring Islamic countries to close the science and technology gap with Israel.

Israel has many excellent think tanks, like the one at which I work. They alert Israel’s leaders to areas of deep concern.

But are their data, words and reports falling on deaf ears, like the words of Linda Loman? Is attention being paid, even when the Military Intelligence chief himself forcefully sounds the alarm?

The writer is senior research fellow at the S. Neaman Institute, Technion and blogs at www.timnovate.wordpress.com
Iran Turkey and Israel get technology from same source. So do Pakistan and India. So, there is no race between these beggers. The masters know what to give, and how much to give, and when to give.

Iran Turkey and Israel get technology from same source. So do Pakistan and India. So, there is no race between these beggers. The masters know what to give, and how much to give, and when to give.
List of pre-modern Iranian scientists and scholars

The following is a non-comprehensive list of Iranian scientists and engineers who lived from antiquity up until the beginning of the modern age. For the modern era, see List of contemporary Iranian scientists, scholars, and engineers. For mathematicians of any era, see List of Iranian mathematicians. (A person may appear on two lists, e.g. Abū Ja'far al-Khāzin.)

Contents:

Go figure yourself.

A primitive country with GDP per capita as low as Indonesia (and also with similar IQ level), talk about China like a white supremacist.

I would talk about the economy situation, but you're obviously too ignorant to understand.

I know you Iranian are always (and forever) white wannabe, but soften your tone down a bit is better for you.

The only people obsessed with being white are you lot whom have been slaves for the white man for eons.
Persians are technically caucasians, so what are you blabbering about? How are you defining white exactly?
Regardless, Persians are Persians, we don't describe ourselves are anything else. White, olive or whatever.

Historically speaking, Persian civilization is nothing compared to its West and East neighbours (Rome and China).

What a joke. Persians created the first superpower on this planet and it is one of the most important civilisations with huge influence according to almost everyone. Romans are also important, especially for the west, but China? don't make me laugh. Chinese influence is mostly confined to it's own borders. Last thing we need is some cockroacheater questioning the importance of the Persian civilisation.

China labors is much more expensive than Iran for sure, as its average salary is equal to Portugal in 2017.

LMAO what a joke. Put down whatever you're smoking kid. China is a mockery of salary. Everyone is laughing at them.

Yes, perhaps your laziness do not allow you to work in sweatshops, just like Sub-Saharan African workers.

I am involved in healthcare and my salary is in 6 figure sums (in British pounds). I earn more in a year than most Chinese earn in their life time probably :lol:

They rather dies of hunger or beg on the European streets than working hard.

Even beggars in Europe are worth more than you lot.

But remember, your white masters (the US or Germany) all had to go through this period to be industrialized)

Saying "white masters" to a Persians makes zero sense. Historically, only the likes of your kind were enslaved by white people.

I would talk about the economy situation, but you're obviously too ignorant to understand.

The only people obsessed with being white are you lot whom have been slaves for the white man for eons.
Persians are technically caucasians, so what are you blabbering about? How are you defining white exactly?
Regardless, Persians are Persians, we don't describe ourselves are anything else. White, olive or whatever.

What a joke. Persians created the first superpower on this planet and it is one of the most important civilisations with huge influence according to almost everyone. Romans are also important, especially for the west, but China? don't make me laugh. Chinese influence is mostly confined to it's own borders. Last thing we need is some cockroacheater questioning the importance of the Persian civilisation.

LMAO what a joke. Put down whatever you're smoking kid. China is a mockery of salary. Everyone is laughing at them.

I am involved in healthcare and my salary is in 6 figure sums (in British pounds). I earn more in a year than most Chinese earn in their life time probably :lol:

Even beggars in Europe are worth more than you lot.

Saying "white masters" to a Persians makes zero sense. Historically, only the likes of your kind were enslaved by white people.
My friend who went to iran in 2016 told me the salary of iranian workers is only half or two-thirds of average chinese workers ‘s salary.He has no prejudice against iranians,so I believe what he said was true. I am not sure how much the Iranian salary has increased after two years ,but Given the recent currency collapse in Iran, Wages may even drop significantly.This is a tragedy, I hope Iranians can survive this crisis.

He also told me the ordinary Iranians are very enthusiastic toward the Chinese, but many Iranians who receive higher education are not very friendly to China.This also confirmed my guess,since I had been discussed with many overseas Chinese. They also noticed the similar things. They said in western countries, people who have the most prejudiced attitude against Chinese are not even Westerners but those who came from the Middle East, especially Iranians. Just like few month ago .In the United States, a woman shouted to an American korean “ Chinese are so ugly , get out of the United States.“ later she was proved to be an iranian.This is why most overseas chinese don't have a positive image toward iranian.

This seems werid.Now you ,as an iranian ,who lived in Europe,can you tell me what caused overseas Iranians to have such serious prejudice against Chinese? I am willing to share your honest opinions with other Chinese members to discuss why this happened ,after you getting rid of your angry mood.Thanks

Last edited:
My friend who went to iran in 2016 told me the savage of iranian workers is only half or two-thirds of average chinese workers ‘s savage.

What do you mean by savage? You mean salary?

he has no prejudice against iranians,so I believe what he said was true. I am not sure how much the Iranian salary has increased after two years ,but Given the recent currency collapse in Iran, Wages may even drop significantly.This is a tragedy, I hope Iranians can survive this crisis.

He also told me the ordinary Iranians are very enthusiastic toward the Chinese, but many Iranians who receive higher education are not very friendly to China.This also confirmed my guess,since I had been discussed with many overseas Chinese. They also noticed the similar things. They said in western countries, people who have the most prejudiced attitude against Chinese are not even Westerners but those who came from the Middle East, especially Iranians. Just like few month ago .In the United States, a woman shouted to an American korean “ Chinese are so ugly , get out of the United States.“ later she was proved to be an iranian.This is why most overseas chinese don't have a positive image toward iranian.

This seems werid.Now you ,as an iranian ,who lived in Europe,can you tell me what caused overseas Iranians to have such serious prejudice against Chinese? I am willing to share your honest opinions with other Chinese members to discuss why this happened ,after you getting rid of your angry mood.Thanks

Iranians have no prejudice agains Chinese whatsoever. There is no reason to. There were complaints in Iran agains some of these cheap Chinese goods etc, but in reality Iranian do have a relative favourable view toward China, one of the reasons is mutual interests in the political sphere.
As for this Iranian women in America, she was obviously just being a b itch. You find them in every nation, it has nothing to do with their nationality. My advice is, dont judge people in a society by the worst of them. On the internet things are different as you can see. Here, in cyberspace, everyone seems to hate others.

I certainly don't have a negative views towards China either. I was merely replying in kind to that troll's comments.

What are you talking about? Who is giving Iran technology? You do realise Iran can't even import basics nevermind high end technology. Refer to yourselves as beggars but don't bring us into it.

What do you mean by savage? You mean salary?

Iranians have no prejudice agains Chinese whatsoever. There is no reason to. There were complaints in Iran agains some of these cheap Chinese goods etc, but in reality Iranian do have a relative favourable view toward China, one of the reasons is mutual interests in the political sphere.
As for this Iranian women in America, she was obviously just being a b itch. You find them in every nation, it has nothing to do with their nationality. My advice is, dont judge people in a society by the worst of them. On the internet things are different as you can see. Here, in cyberspace, everyone seems to hate others.

I certainly don't have a negative views towards China either. I was merely replying in kind to that troll's comments.

What are you talking about? Who is giving Iran technology? You do realise Iran can't even import basics nevermind high end technology. Refer to yourselves as beggars but don't bring us into it.
Yes my bad ,it supposed to salary

Of course I won't judge a group on the behavior of individuals,and I know most members came here just being a troll for fun,but I did notice something unexpected attitude toward chinese come from overseas iranians,hope I am just being too suspicious and hope iran can overcome this crisis.Anyway,Thanks for sharing your opinion

Last edited:

Darling, all you Einsteins study at MIT, Harvard, Berkeley etc. They work in top notch international organizations. They do research in top notch international research organizations. Don't you think its technology transfer?
You know, Pakistani atomic bomb was made by a man(and the team) who worked in Europe and America.

So, yes, we(third world countries) are beggars, and we should keep that in our minds.
The worst part is, the more they share technology, the more we become dependent. Why taliban are so effective? Because they dont rely on technology.

Last edited:
Did Iran humiliate American's top notch black project stealth drone? (Yes)
Did Iran capture a handful of other American crappy toys too? (Yes)
Did Iran proxies impose the most humiliating defeat of 20 century in 2006? (Yes)
Did Iran destroy American's new middle east plan? (Yes)
Did Iran destroy American founded ISIS terrorist group? (Yes)
Did Iran provide good tissue to crying American marines who were captured by IRGC? (Yes)
What about British SBS commandos who pooped in their pants after were captured by IRGC? (No, we use water in toilet not tissues!)
Does U.S and several other so called economic powers have the highest foreign debt? (Yes)
Does Iran have a very low foreign debt? (Yes)
Did Iran turn it's women to whores (the meaning of first class citizens)? (No)
Is the number of Iranian female collage students bigger than the males? (Yes)
Does Iranian enslave women to work shoulder to shoulder with men? (No)
Does Iranian women force their men to support their life even after divorce? (Yes)
Is it the fist time Iran faces sever sanctions? (No)
Does Iran allows western legal money laundry of Casinos and Swiss accounts? (No)
Does Iran allow every corrupt and filthy man (like trump) to be candidated for presidency? (No)
Wasn't Iranian revolution supposed to fail 40 days after the success of revolution? (You wish!)
What's the first thing which comes to American General's minds, when they hear the word IRAN? (12 minutes)

Back
Top Bottom