What's new

Will Indonesia replace India in the BRICs?

UPA 2 has been a complete disaster...complete policy paralysis and their incompetency in handling smaller regional parties who are making the govt. dance on their tunes.

Coalition politics is a curse!

My effort is just to make a contribution on this topic from my side. I would welcome as many arguments as you may give to prove your stand. thanks

BRICs is an organization of the fastest growing major developing economies.

Turkey, Argentina and even Sri Lanka are growing above 8%+. Indonesia is growing faster than India too, from the data on the last quarter.

India's GDP growth meanwhile, is 6.1% and falling rapidly.

India's GDP Growth Slows to 6.1% - WSJ.com

India is also the only one of the countries mentioned that was recently downgraded by S&P. Due to extreme policy paralysis, an awful budget deficit, along with a massive debt-to-GDP ratio and a growing trade deficit. I.e. Poor economic fundamentals.

Whether or not India should drop out due to dismal performance, I think Indonesia should be added sooner or later. 4th largest population in the world, and economic growth that's currently higher than BRI.
who is the very ugly guy on your avtar?

What is BRICs at the end of the day?It is a grouping of countries which have very little in common other than the fact that they are emerging economies.It's not just India which is doing bad.All the members of the group are not doing so well.frankly speaking it won't matter to India if she was removed from this group.At the end of the day BRICs is an impotent organisation which no one even cares about.Their opinions don't matter in the larger scheme of things.Furthermore can all those members (especially Chinese) who are vehemently arguing that India should be replaced by Indonesia explain why Russia should not be thrown out from both the BRICs and the P-5.The bottom line is that it is extremely difficult to eject out a founding member of any group.Today India is not doing so well but who knows what will happen after 2014 general elections.Maybe a strong and dedicated leader may get elected and steer India out of her troubles.Then will you guys shout to bring India back?

Actually it is high time that the BRICS only consist of democratic, progressive nations not repressive regimes. China should be replaced by some democratic country which has a better future - Congo - which has embraced democracy since 2003.

tell me about india not repressive! another joke as if the rest of the world do not know what you are doing!

Congo has untapped natural resources worth over #20 trillion and a rapidly improving economy too. Yes, it has problems like civil war and malnutrition but no programs like Great Leap Forward have been implemented. Throw China out and invite Congo into BRICS.

tell me about india not repressive! another joke as if the rest of the world do not know what you are doing!

"India not repressive" - err - what are you trying to say?

Nations, like people are known by the company they keep. The fact that your strongest allies are North Korea and Pakistan speaks volumes about your nation. Another reason, it does not deserve to be in BRICS.

BRICs is an organization of the fastest growing major developing economies.

Turkey, Argentina and even Sri Lanka are growing above 8%+. Indonesia is growing faster than India too, from the data on the last quarter.

India's GDP growth meanwhile, is 6.1% and falling rapidly.

India's GDP Growth Slows to 6.1% - WSJ.com

India is also the only one of the countries mentioned that was recently downgraded by S&P. Due to extreme policy paralysis, an awful budget deficit, along with a massive debt-to-GDP ratio and a growing trade deficit. I.e. Poor economic fundamentals.

Hmm... So your past posts do exhibit a fair degree of acumen on economic matters, so I can say with a fair degree of confidence that your post above is purely catering to your trolling needs :)

You of all people can not be stupid enough to base over all economic prowess of a country on a one or two years' growth numbers... Am sure you would have looked at the charts similar to below about the countries you mentioned

29xght1.jpg

Congo has untapped natural resources worth over #20 trillion and a rapidly improving economy too. Yes, it has problems like civil war and malnutrition but no programs like Great Leap Forward have been implemented. Throw China out and invite Congo into BRICS.

you have a "great leap forward" that's happening everyday in your backyard. Ours is in history done and dusted!

Leave BRICS - india !

"India not repressive" - err - what are you trying to say?

Nations, like people are known by the company they keep. The fact that your strongest allies are North Korea and Pakistan speaks volumes about your nation. Another reason, it does not deserve to be in BRICS.

Yet according to the BBC Country rating polls, China is viewed more positively worldwide than both the EU and the USA.

And ALL THREE are rated far above India. :rofl:

BBC Country rating polls

You may live in a world of delusions, but there are plenty of actual polls and data out there to show what people really think. :azn:

those are the poor situation of indians living in HK. Not even qualified for a janitor's job.

If you dont know a sh*t about "external debt" dont brag and let the rest of the people see how much a fool you are!

Hey! like i said, tell that to the Hong Kong janitor, it affect him more than me :lol:

And about Indians in Hong Kong not even qualified for janitor's job, you any have any data on the employment of Indians in Hong Kong , to support your statement, or was it another attempt to humiliate yourself?

What brilliant logic. :lol:

America in fact already tried to join the SCO. Their application was rejected in 2006.
Link? We will join SCO and we will spoil your party . Fist stop us from joining SCO then think of replacing us in BRICS .

Hmm... So your past posts do exhibit a fair degree of acumen on economic matters, so I can say with a fair degree of confidence that your post above is purely catering to your trolling needs :)

You of all people can not be stupid enough to base over all economic prowess of a country on a one or two years' growth numbers... Am sure you would have looked at the charts similar to below about the countries you mentioned

29xght1.jpg

His ( Chinese Dragon) economic understanding is limited to a 24 hr cycle of the news he is fed. :)

Back
Top Bottom