What's new

Will IAF have an edge over PAF in advanced air weaponry?

Take out nukes either by declaring that you are not going to use them in first strike or under nuclear umbrella by china and I can bet within a year you will have India army standing next to you in Pak.It is just the nukes due to which the decision maker on India side has to be very strong willed to even bear a strike or two of nukes on India while declaring a war.And nobody at present have that strong a will.

Pak army will not only use it missiles for nuke, but also use it for conventional war, to deliver high explosive bombs, and pak army will use high precise Babur cruise missile and ghaznavi for destroying indian air bases, there is no need of PAF for offensive strikes, PAF will only used for killing IAF's jets. And Pak army have these missiles in numbers of thousands!!:pakistan:

How would relations be between Pakistan and India if women ruled the world and in particular, if women ruled and led both Pakistan and India and had their "views" and "feelings" have a go in politics and decisionmaking?
I'd say relations would be much better due to the more "soft" approach and more "peaceful" thinking of women in most matters in comparison to men?
I might be wrong, but it's interesting to think about it.
Women are seen as soft by nature. So any woman in public life always tries to project herself as tough because she would otherwise not survive in the male dominated world of politics.
I would be hard pressed to think of a female world leader who is seen as soft.

On other hand I can think of numerous women who were seen as tough - Indira Gandhi, Mrs Bhutto, Golda Meir, Maggie Thatcher, Hillary Clinton. The list goes on

Last edited:
Soft :lol: you've obviously never heard of the baroness (Margaret Thatcher). From all accounts Indira Gandhi was tough as nails too... at least Nixon thought so...

How could you not mention Madam Golda Meir in that list :shock:

Israel thwarting off the combined might of Syria Egypt & Iraq in the The Yom Kippur War and trapping Egypt's Third Army are the stuff legends are made up of

And who can forget the regin of terror that swept through the the ranks of the Black September and Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine when their leaders started dropping dead on the face of the Earth following golda Meir's orders to MOSSAD to assasinate them

Pak army will not only use it missiles for nuke, but also use it for conventional war, to deliver high explosive bombs, and pak army will use high precise Babur cruise missile and ghaznavi for destroying indian air bases, there is no need of PAF for offensive strikes, PAF will only used for killing IAF's jets. And Pak army have these missiles in numbers of thousands!!:pakistan:

dude but even the russians warhead count does not touch thousands so be sensible :what:

<quote>
Originally Posted by Jihad View Post
How would relations be between Pakistan and India if women ruled the world and in particular, if women ruled and led both Pakistan and India and had their "views" and "feelings" have a go in politics and decisionmaking?
I'd say relations would be much better due to the more "soft" approach and more "peaceful" thinking of women in most matters in comparison to men?
I might be wrong, but it's interesting to think about it.
</quote>
Women are seen as soft by nature. So any woman in public life always tries to project herself as tough because she would otherwise not survive in the male dominated world of politics.
I would be hard pressed to think of a female world leader who is seen as soft.

On other hand I can think of numerous women who were seen as tough - Indira Gandhi, Mrs Bhutto, Golda Meir, Maggie Thatcher, Hillary Clinton. The list goes on

Yeah well seen as tough AND acted as tough, so there was not that much difference in comparison to male leadership I suppose?
Also slugger, thanks for pointing out that name, see if I can get more information about her.
Oh and enjoy your morning run I.Come.In.Peace, it's always good to work on yourself and your health.

P.S.: Sorry for derailing the thread mods.

dude but even the russians warhead count does not touch thousands so be sensible :what:

:rofl::rofl: HAHAHAAHA, you feared so much so you are not reading the post carefully!! Read it again, i m not talking about warheads, i m talking about missiles!!

remeber one thing. Muslims Rule over india for 1000 years and British for 100 years. if war will start. we have your war plans ;) before the war like your general sold the war plan in UK to Gohar Ayub in 1965. so, don't worry. we will back in India and start rulling again.

Dear, please take care of your home first. Taliban & american make him a battleground. Your sisters & daughters are not in a position to study in school due to taliban FATWA.

AFter than dream to rulling on INDIA.:rofl:

Hi Mean-bird,

We are talking about the confrontation with india in 2002---Gen Musharraf is on record stating it in one of his interviews that pakistan didnot have a credible delivery system at that time---the nukes would be buried underground and detonated when the invading armies crossed over----that is where that joke came in from.

2004 was a different time---there may have been other delivery systems available as well at that time---no doubt but that was the time when qatari mirages were offered.

To members and colleagues----I don't have a problem of you confronting me at any time about what I say---I don't make a fool of anyone niether do I desire to see anyone put down---I put my research and time and my thoughts over here---I can't be expected to hit the bulls eye everytime---but I believe that most of the time I am close by---to err is human.

I am not a yes minister for PAF and niether do I believe that they are the favourite children of GOD.

PC---on this defence forum---the issues that I am discussing here are related to the confrontation that can happen any time---today --tomorrow or the day after---we are in the present tense---we are not dealing with 2015 at this moment-----what are you going to tell the SUN WARRIOR riding the SU 30 charriot---come back in 2015---that is when we will fight with you.

One more episode like mumbai killings and we are in deep six.

Didn't you see the pakstani general flying to china right after the mumbai carnage to get some more stuff asap. Didn't the purchase of Fc 20 come right at that time as a total surprise to many---.

Since the 65 and 71 war the only time the PAF had anything going for them were the 80's. Since then they have been a lame duck full of excuses more of their making---one after the other----politcal analysis failure---strategy failure---procurement failure---investing in sanction prone environment failure---underestimating the indian airforce threat level after peace overtures with india failure----mirage 2k purchase in the 90's failure---. No PAF does not know better---they do have outstanding flyers--- no doubt about it---it is just that nobody has stood upto them and stated that they have screwed up many atimes---they just are no good deal makers. That is all I have have been trying to say in all through my posts.

When there are so many screw ups in the procurement---when the same issues of sanctions keep propping up even after 20 years---when after going through all the troubles we are still behind the 8 ball---then there are definite issues with the ideology, thinking, understanding of how to buy aircraft--of that organization. :pakistan:

REMEMBER: LUCK HAPPENS WHEN PREPARATION MEETS OPPURTUNITY

My friend procurement is not a easy thing a lot of factors come into play. every time we went for something good we had a strong resistance from uncle sam because India had good lobbyist, Example Senator Larry Pressler between 1983 to 1997 he went to India 27 times and after retirement he his Board of Director HAL and other Indian telecommunication companies. Every time PAF made a good decision there was resistance so we had to go towards china, I can only say that most of our F-6, FT-5 fleet even F-7 came free of coast. When it came to F-16s we had sent several pilots and a lot of engg and air men to Dover and then we established a work shop in sargodha for $25mil with upgrades in the shop the amount as of today stands 65 million $$.

Every time F-16 was engagged it came out victorious, The fighter was agile, maneuverable and fast and PAF loved it because it was a tested fighter. I don't know about you but once you fly it , You fall in love with it plus to much was already invested over the period of time. So PAF decided to stick to F-16s but other opportunities came along like the Gripen our pilots spent 2 months flying it including COAS Tanveer. It was easy to maintain and had the same capabilities as F-16. but again we thought that the engines in it we can get screwed there. Our pilots have flown Rafael, Mirage 2000, Eurofighter and all three planes were good enough Because of our engg and airmen working on F-16s have become so good that these other planes were no problem in handling the technology weather it was UK, French or South Africa. Now the biggest problem is that we do want to buy 4.5 gen planes but no money and US will not allow us to buy other fighters from another country with the money they are giving us every month on WOT. So we are basically screwed

Last edited:
Dear, please take care of your home first. Taliban & american make him a battleground. Your sisters & daughters are not in a position to study in school due to taliban FATWA.

AFter than dream to rulling on INDIA.:rofl:

Keep laughing it shows your age. Taliban don't rule Pakistan they do have places occupied and I promise you it will soon end they will be cleansed. I am sure the girls wount mind staying home and learning a few things about GHAR GARESTI.:cheers:

Keep laughing it shows your age. Taliban don't rule Pakistan they do have places occupied and I promise you it will soon end they will be cleansed. I am sure the girls wount mind staying home and learning a few things about GHAR GARESTI.:cheers:

Man. Thats how you look at women?

Man. Thats how you look at women?

Not everyone thinks below the belt atleast not me:lol: , What about you, How do you look at women.
Well they can stay home for a few months think off it as vacation or go to school and get a permanent vacation :guns:. Which one is better

Back
Top Bottom