What's new

Will Chinese Smartphones Surpass Established Brands in Sales?

No, simply because people mostly buy the latest tech to show off and that can't be done without brands.

XiaoMi3 (MI3) , 64GB 2013 price: 2500RMB, near 420 U.S dollar

1.8GHz 4xcore Nvidia Tegra4 (ARM Cortex-A15) CPU
Nvidia Tegra GPU
2GB Memory
64GB Flash
1080x1920 pixel, 5' IPS-LCD, touch-screen
13.1Mega pixel back camera
2.1Mega pixel front camera
Android 4.2.1 OS

12950854885_ed4f3d77b4_h.jpg

12950841155_5cc20b1340_h.jpg

12951258474_1f8738af9e_h.jpg

XiaoMi3 (MI3) , 64GB 2013 price: 2500RMB, near 420 U.S dollar

1.8GHz 4xcore Nvidia Tegra4 (ARM Cortex-A15) CPU
Nvidia Tegra GPU
2GB Memory
64GB Flash
1080x1920 pixel, 5' IPS-LCD, touch-screen
13.1Mega pixel back camera
2.1Mega pixel front camera
Android 4.2.1 OS

12950854885_ed4f3d77b4_h.jpg

12950841155_5cc20b1340_h.jpg

12951258474_1f8738af9e_h.jpg
Xiaomi is ok but personally, I like to use Huawei mobile devices. I got 3: Huawei Ascend D2, P6 and Honor 3X.
ZTE is also amazing look ZTE Nubia Z5S.
Lenovo will catch up due to its mobile sector merged motorola mobile sector.
Let's wait and see.

No, simply because people mostly buy the latest tech to show off and that can't be done without brands.

Exactly, people wait for the latest iPhone, people feel curious about the newly launched Samsung, because they are the innovators, the trend setters who deliver something fresh something unexpectedly wonderful with every major new launch. By virtue of having some manufacturing units of these phones in China, Chinese phone makers copy these phones quickly and launch their own phones at a cheaper price, simply because they didn't have to spend a single penny on Research & Development, but that doesn't make a phone iconic.

lol atleast we aren't poor enough to consume gutter oil like in China , BTW how does it taste?:rofl:
We wouldn't know, we usually export that stuff to countries with.....well, let's not be too mean. Can you name one? You may even have been in one.

China make some of the finest smartphones in the world,it also makes some of the not-so-great smartphones for those who can't afford a high price-tag。Period。
Then why Chinese high end phones are invisible
China income per capita $6,000
India income per capita $1,500

If labor cost is the sole reason, why didn't Apple go to India? You are 4 times cheaper.
haha cheap labor. compared to India labors? tell me how much india labor payed per hour or per month.
Wrong, do some research
Still now cost of production is lesser in China compared to India

There are many renowned Chinese phones of high quality if you look out for it. Oppo Find 5 is my personal favorite, then there is Huawei Ascend P6, and many more.

It's only the cheap feel of Xiaomi and ZTE i can't stand.

Wrong, do some research
Still now cost of production is lesser in China compared to India

China has no prestige, high end products is prestige, not quality. It's a slow process, but it's getting there, another decade and a half to two decade for us to be able to be able to go toe to toe in luxury, maybe, it depends on a few things, more political than economical.

Cost of production is cheaper in China, but Chinese workers are paid more, way more, not close. Our infrastructure is good, so timely delivery both of the product and receive materials for the manufacture, huge orders means lower R&D per item, high education level for our common employees means better work and better quality, less waste.

All sorts of things come into play, but don't confuse production cost to worker's earnings. They are related, but it's only one factor.

I guess your knowledge of high quality smartphones are limited to iphones and Samsung phones。

Right? and Why? Those two firms spend billions of dollars a year advertizing their products over all possible media and places。They have been at this game of mind and heart for years。Yes,they make some good phones,but for a price。And well-recognized brand does bring a tint of prestige for many people(including you perhaps?)who are actually willingly paying for vanity。:enjoy:

Chinese smartphone makers start out as OEMs and are relatively new comers in this field。They don't have much of a brand recognition,especially outside China. But that does not mean that Chinese companies don't make high quality phones。They do,and they make phones for Apple,Samsung and all the brands in India。

@t_for_talli
we really need to do some research.since Chinese workers are several times more payed than Indian ones.why is the cost of producing is higher in India?
is it because of the bad skilled workers,or lazzy government or hell infrastructure?or just the iq difference?

Last edited:
It does not matter how high end Chinese phone can be, as long as it ran western OS, they will not overtake the giant like Samsung or iPhone internationally

Although android is open source, they are build surrounding the western inter cellular network, as long as this happen, Chinese phone will only always seen as a cheaper replacement for the "Real High End" phone

Problem is, indeed Chinese phone can be made and sold a lot cheaper than the western counterpart, it will make good market in low income area, however, if you look at Chinese market itself, even the higher income bracket would choose the like of iPhone and Galaxy

When you only have 100-200 bucks to spend on a phone, you will put price at a very high priority, however, when money is not an issue, innovation and service package and brand will overtake price at their priority

That's simply saying, if a customer can easily afford 700 bucks for a phone, most likely they will ended up buying Samsung and iPhone rather than Lenovo and Huewei

Chinese need to work on the OS system rather than the phone itself to flip the international market, it's not because of the phone itself to allow Samsung and iPhone crown over Nokia and SE, it's always the OS. As long as Chinese phone using western OS, the market will still be in control by the western giant, Chinese phone can at most have a share of it, but they cannot surpass anything internationally

Focussing only on the bold part, Chinese companies seem to target the larger market instead of the richer market share. By targeting the larger market (low to medium end phones), Chinese companies have posed serious challenges to the big names.....who more often then not have targeted the richer but much smaller market share overall in the world.

I am quite certain that even with the western OS such as Android or even Microsoft, Chinese mobiles will overtake Samsung/Apple sales in 2-5 years unless both Samsung and Apple start competing accordingly. Companies like Huawei and QMobile (I don't know its Chinese name) are introducing quality products at much lower costs then their Samsung/Apple counter part with more or less the same features. All they need to do is establish their names, with persistent quality and after sales support, and they will overtake Samsung and Apple.

The Apple products are manufactured in china but the difference between them and the other local Chinese OEMs is that they (Apple production) are strictly supervised by the apple authorities, each and every piece of product is examined carefully even if a small glitch is observed the whole piece is rejected, which is not the case in local Chinese OEMs. Hope you got the difference.

I was expecting this simple reply, Like many others before you.
So you do agree China is capable of manufacturing high end goods, but it's only to do with quality checks and supervision and so on? LOL I find you extremely ignorant and biased.
Also, are you trying to say, China/Chinese OEM is incapable of stringent quality test even if they do have the CAPABILITY to manufacture high end goods?
You figure! Have you done any research before commenting? Have you even tried to unbox an Oppo N1? Or a Xiaomi/Gionee/Lenovo?
I feel sorry for you, my friend.

Sole reason behind this is cheap labor. It is most shitty analogy that Apple is manufactured in China hence other Chinese product are also good.
Only Chinese brand doing well is lenovo because they retained design/development team of IBM after acquisition
:rofl: :rofl: I feel sorry for you as well. :rofl:

All said and heard everyone cannot afford to reject a piece worth 400$ just for a small glitch. That's all I said your just interpreting it wrong, I never said china isn't capable or for that matter any other country. Facility matters.

And about oppo and brands like lenovo I know what their products are like but I personally prefer the xiaomi. I never said all chinese companies are crap. Don't get butthurt just because I pointed out some of the worst companies in China. There still exists companies which are worst in every aspect. And about gionee I don't know much but I've seen there pieces rebranded and sold in Bangladesh under a different name. So I exactly don't know what they are.
I was expecting this simple reply, Like many others before you.
So you do agree China is capable of manufacturing high end goods, but it's only to do with quality checks and supervision and so on? LOL I find you extremely ignorant and biased.
Also, are you trying to say, China/Chinese OEM is incapable of stringent quality test even if they do have the CAPABILITY to manufacture high end goods?
You figure! Have you done any research before commenting? Have you even tried to unbox an Oppo N1? Or a Xiaomi/Gionee/Lenovo?
I feel sorry for you, my friend.

:rofl: :rofl: I feel sorry for you as well. :rofl:

All said and heard everyone cannot afford to reject a piece worth 400$ just for a small glitch. That's all I said your just interpreting it wrong, I never said china isn't capable or for that matter any other country. Facility matters.

And about oppo and brands like lenovo I know what their products are like but I personally prefer the xiaomi. I never said all chinese companies are crap. Don't get butthurt just because I pointed out some of the worst companies in China. There still exists companies which are worst in every aspect. And about gionee I don't know much but I've seen there pieces rebranded and sold in Bangladesh under a different name. So I exactly don't know what they are.

Chinese phones are nothing more than cheaper alternatives of quality branded phones, they are not innovators or trend setters, but ordinary copycats.

Chinese phones are nothing more than cheaper alternatives of quality branded phones, they are not innovators or trend setters, but ordinary copycats.
Either contribute or stop posting nonsense.
Oppo has the word's first rotating camera, back panel touch. Talk about innovation.
Post reported.

If you really know Oppo, samsung stands no where in terms of quality. You seriously need to check Oppo out. They have a limited stock on Oppo N1 based on CyanogenMod OS in India.
I am not trying to be biased here. But surely, take a look at Oppo N1 if you get an opportunity.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom