What's new

WikiLeaks: Pakistani airmen sabotaging F-16s

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Delhi: A WikiLeaks cable, which NDTV has exclusive access to, says Pakistan's airmen were being radicalised and were sabotaging Pakistani F-16s deployed for security operations along the Afghan border.

The cable, sent in March 2006 from the US embassy to Washington, quotes Pakistan's then Deputy Chief of Air Staff for Operations, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Khalid Chaudhry, as saying that the airmen, most of whom came from rural villages, were being radicalised by extremist Islamic clerics. The cable quotes AVM Chaudhry as saying, "You can't imagine what a hard time we have trying to get to trim their beards." The cable notes that, "This last comment refers to the tradition of conservative Muslims to grow full beards as a sign of piety."

The cable also says that Chaudhry claimed "to receive reports monthly of acts of petty sabotage, which he interpreted as an effort by Islamists amongst the enlisted ranks to prevent PAF aircraft from being deployed in support of security operations in the Federally Administrated Tribal Areas (FATA) along the Afghan border."

Chaudhry was briefing visiting US officials at the Pakistan Air Force Headquarters and impressing upon them the need to ensure "the F-16 deal has enough sweeteners to appeal to the public - a complete squadron of new F-16s, with JDAM and night-vision capability - but not to offer the PAF things that it cannot afford." Pakistan was in talks with the US to buy F-16 fighter aircraft and the US had voiced security concerns.

The cable quotes Chaudhry as telling the delegation, "off the record", that PAF aircraft were regularly called to provide air support to military and security forces when they get into tight spots in the FATA... "dryly adding that Army brass and the ground forces commanders would deny it."

WikiLeaks: Pakistani airmen sabotaging F-16s

The whole Wikileaks Drama is hyped by the Americans. How come the WikiLeaks any cables about Israel or the internal US Affairs? Topi Drama.

hahaha.. sorry guys, i just saw the original NDTV program, and heard the "lines" of wiki leaks cable's "leak" about PAF..

Just a question, are there 10 year old children working in Wiki Leaks? or PAF? cuz thats child labour :P..

Refusing to trim their beard??? that makes them radiculaized?? :lol:

Are you even listening to what you are saying? :undecided:

The “leaks” of USA state departments are suppose to be secrets.. they include secrets of “deals” made by US state department with different “organizations” and Countries.. You telling me that its been a year and US state department hasn’t “recovered” them back?

You telling me that they are so vast the WikiLeaks staff “selects” material to “leak” in phases??

Amazing at you ignorance “dude”.. Amazing..

Let me tell you something.. Either WikiLeaks is Government funded organization or It has some “serious” black mailing material against US Government..

Cuz normally, nobody wants “that” kind of material “leaking” out now and then…

AAtish, Sir, I really don't understand your point. I guess you do not believe that "Wikileaks" is an internet site run by people who are totally independent of the USA. Is that it? If Wikileaks has electronic copies of thousands of USA State Department cables, given to them by an American low level intelligence worker, how would the State Department "recover" these files? If "Wikileaks" is really a CIA disinformation operation, then you have to admit it is brilliant!!! There is another thread here on PDF about which intelligence service is best. If Wikileaks is really a CIA operation, then you have to give the CIA maximum credit. If this is true then the CIA wins the "best" intelligence service prize, hands down. Imagine all the crap and disinformation they are pumping out under their brand name "Wikileaks"!!! Awesome!!! Somehow I think you want it both ways. The CIA is incompetent, AND the Wikileaks cables about Pakistan are CIA bull $hit.

I wonder how much truth there is to these claims and the PAF being known as highly professional, one would hope such cases are dealt with quickly. There are apparently more countries with agendas against Pakistan than any country every created...common guys, even if 1% of the million problems we shove under the rug by claiming conspiracy are true...it still leaves a massive percentage that require our attention and need fixing.
Not everything is the doing of others...we do make mistakes.

AAtish, Sir,
Please read this thread and see if you still think that the USA is controlling the "leaks" from Wikileaks:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...es-pakistan-papers-wikileaks.html#post1768859

So USA had a security leak in their firewalls and internal systems and hackers kept sniffing cables without the Pentagon Cyber Warfare Units knowledge?

How come there are no Wikileaks on Israel then? Did the hackers had a filter not to sniff packets of information if it is Israeli?

So USA had a security leak in their firewalls and internal systems and hackers kept sniffing cables without the Pentagon Cyber Warfare Units knowledge?

How come there are no Wikileaks on Israel then? Did the hackers had a filter not to sniff packets of information if it is Israeli?

Pak Sher, Sir, haven't you really followed this story? Don't you know that one low level US Army intelligence soldier in Iraq, Bradley Manning, was able to download practically the entire State Department cable database and transfer it to Assange at Wikileaks? Don't you read the newspapers? No firewalls were breached. No "hacking" was involved. Manning had security clearance to access the State Department database. This was an outgrowth of the post-9/11 intelligence sharing reforms the USA introduced so that intelligence information "dots" collected by the myriad USA agencies could be "connected". Only, in this case, a USA traitor exploited his security clearance to leak all of these cables. Please, if you are going to comment, at least know the history of the story.

Regards,
TS

Pak Sher, Sir, haven't you really followed this story? Don't you know that one low level US Army intelligence soldier in Iraq, Bradley Manning, was able to download practically the entire State Department cable database and transfer it to Assange at Wikileaks? Don't you read the newspapers? No firewalls were breached. No "hacking" was involved. Manning had security clearance to access the State Department database. This was an outgrowth of the post-9/11 intelligence sharing reforms the USA introduced so that intelligence information "dots" collected by the myriad USA agencies could be "connected". Only, in this case, a USA traitor exploited his security clearance to leak all of these cables. Please, if you are going to comment, at least know the history of the story.

Regards,
TS

Yes, I did hear that story as well and also that he will be charged, but when he was downloading the database, did he exclude the Israelis and US cables or there was not even a single Israeli cable while there have been 70 some Israeli spies caught and deported in the last 10 years including Paul Wolfowitz who is Jewish, was the US Assistant Secretary of State and was accused on having links with Isreali spies and eventually left his post.

Don't worry Indians members. F-16's will be ready when required to bomb India.

Ywhile there have been 70 some Israeli spies caught and deported in the last 10 years including Paul Wolfowitz who is Jewish, was the US Assistant Secretary of State and was accused on having links with Isreali spies and eventually left his post.

This is totally off the wall!!! There have been a few Israeli spies, not 70. Wolfowitz was never accused of being an Israeli spy. He left his job in the US Defense Department for the Presidency of the World Bank! Good grief! Are you that mis-informed? I am hardly a fan of Israel. But, really, we don't know why no Israeli cables haven't been published. Is Assange Jewish? I don't know. Who funds Wikileaks? Maybe it is funded by Jewish financiers like Soros? Maybe Wikileaks just hasn't gotten around to the Israeli cables yet. Whatever! The lack of leaks of Israeli cables, so far, is not the doing of the USA, of that I am confident.

This is totally off the wall!!! There have been a few Israeli spies, not 70. Wolfowitz was never accused of being an Israeli spy. He left his job in the US Defense Department for the Presidency of the World Bank! Good grief! Are you that mis-informed? I am hardly a fan of Israel. But, really, we don't know why no Israeli cables haven't been published. Is Assange Jewish? I don't know. Who funds Wikileaks? Maybe it is funded by Jewish financiers like Soros? Maybe Wikileaks just hasn't gotten around to the Israeli cables yet. Whatever! The lack of leaks of Israeli cables, so far, is not the doing of the USA, of that I am confident.

Yes, I am vey misinformed by this article:

http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Oth...-Spying&Subversion/Israeli_Spy_Ops_in_U.S.pdf

Just 40 some Israelis were deported right after 911.

Dancing Israelis Arrested on 9/11, Interviewed by Ch. 4

Fox Banned News 9-11 The Israeli Connection, Mossad, AIPAC, Art Students Spy Ring

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom