What's new

Why pray in Arabic and not in a language we understand?

Brother do you know of any Ayat or Hadees because i feel that the fact we dont even know about our holy book is the cause of our downfall, the Qirat is good to listen to and is relaxing must agree but we need to understand it, in my opinion to understand is more important then to listen.... and we cannot understand a foreign language

After some researching i have found something..
GO Open Quran with translation you understand go to following surahs and ayats
Surah =26
Ayat=195
surah=16
ayat=103
surah=41
ayat=3
Surah=43
ayat=3
surah=46
ayat12

you will find these ayats regarding to arabic Context of Quran.At least you should see these ayats.
i am quoting one of above for your satisfaction

Surah=43
ayat=3

إِنَّا جَعَلْنَاهُ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لَّعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ
Hum ney iss ko arabi zaban ka quran banaya hai kay tum samjh lo.

When you follow sunnah, you emulate the prophet. So if someone wants to pray,like he did, dress like he did and/or speak the language he did , what is the big deal?
Today we emulate the west and apparently no one is bitching about our roots. It is a weird world we indeed live in.
Anyways, it makes sense to offer Salat and even recite in Arabic as that was the language HE chose to reveal the Book.
But it seem like people here are trying to stuff their pov on others.

Do you know any Hadees regarding this or an ayat if you do i respectfully as you to tell me because I am here to find the answer and not argue and stuff my point of view on anyone.....

Khan_patriot bahi i have mention some ayats for you hope you will find your answer as the decision of Quran is full and final for a Muslim

The question

It is our own fault that we don't know Arabic. It is a language like none other.

'Religious' questions are not allowed on this forum, if this one counts in as one. You should ask the 3ulemaa2 not this juhalaa forum! Did you know this issue was resolved very early on, and at least one madhab did allow you to perform Salaah or namaaz in your own language if you're a very new revert.

Do you know any Hadees regarding this or an ayat if you do i respectfully as you to tell me because I am here to find the answer and not argue and stuff my point of view on anyone.....
Bhai , you emulate the one you love. That is the 1st lesson a sufi would teach you.
This is not about whether it is commanded or not.
I am sure you can offer namaz in urdu or Hindi or english & be just fine but you can never complete a tafseer without knowing traditional arabic.
But if I wish to offer in arabic, dress like the prophet then no one should take an issue with it.
You people on here are not even typing in your own languange and yet you complain about arab influence.

After some researching i have found something..
GO Open Quran with translation you understand go to following surahs and ayats
Surah =26
Ayat=195
surah=16
ayat=103
surah=41
ayat=3
Surah=43
ayat=3
surah=46
ayat12

you will find these ayats regarding to arabic Context of Quran.At least you should see these ayats.
i am quoting one of above for your satisfaction

Surah=43
ayat=3

إِنَّا جَعَلْنَاهُ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لَّعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ
Hum ney iss ko arabi zaban ka quran banaya hai kay tum samjh lo.

hum isko Arbi seekhay begair nai samajh saktay yahe to masla ha, isko begair Arbi smajhay bhe samjha ja sakta ha ya nai....

Sister You may appreciate "deep and vast" but I am simple Muslim, my relationship is with Allah and He understands my heart regardless of language.

you were a muslim before this post mouse.

In Pakistan, the constitution of Pakistan, made by men, for men, is the supreme law of the land - you don't like it, move to Arabia or at least try - then there is always Waziristan, where we will put you out of your misery
Original Post By muse
This statements proves a lot about you sir every where for Muslim GOD LAW is supreme and he has to follow that only BY ZARWAN

MUSE I KNOW YOU YOU ARE NOT A MUSLIM SO STOP BEING THE DEVIL OF FORUM CORRUPTING YOUTHS HEADS

I THINK THE WHOLE IDEA IS THAT WE ARE THE " UMMA " OF MUHAMMAD PBUH AND AS ONE UMMA WE SHOULD BE CONVERSANT WITH ARABIC. IT IS KIND OF SAD THAT WE MUSLIMS ON THIS BLOG WRITE ENGLISH WITH NATIVE FLUENCY ( AND TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THAT EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT OUR NATIVE TONGUE ) AND YET FEEL HELPLESS IN LEARNING ARABIC. I AM SURE IF WE TAKE THE TIME AND SPEND THE RESOURCES THAT WE DID IN LEARNING ENGLISH WE COULD JUST AS EASILY BE FLUENT IN ARABIC TOO.

Essentially - Who is Allah? Is Allah an arab?? Can Allah only understand Arabic?? Can Allah be Allah and be limited to a single language?

Then why did Allah choose to deliver the message in Arabic?? why did he not decide to present the message in every possible language and a silent Movie as well?
He chose to deliver it to the Arabs whom he chose for a particular reason as they were the most corrupt, the prophet was from among st them.. why wasn't he some unique multicultural individual if god wished to personify the universal nature of his message?
If god has claimed that he will protect the Quran in its original message and form till the end of time.. and still wished for everyone to pray in their own language.. believe in their own customs.. then there would still be messengers coming every time a new language was formed.. You would have had to have a Prophet for Urdu, Turk, Pashtu, French.. Mayan..and Russian.. would you not?..

And Essentially - what is a Muslim? Does being a Muslim mean being an Arab? if it does then more than a Billion who call themselves Muslims are ineligible.

Essentially, does reciting a language make you an Arab?.. Have I become an english babu by typing in English.. have I lost my identity as a Urdu-speaking descendant of families settled in the Sub-continent?
Does my reading the Quran in Arabic make me subservient to Arabs?? does my reciting god's word AS IT WAS brought down to his messenger make me a arab bum licker? Have I no faith in my identity at all.. are my roots of my own inheritance so insecure that I am threatened by everything that I term as alien to it? Has the Quran, or the prophet.. asked me to abandon my language and only sing Kumbaya in Arabic? Where has he said so?? Am I to explain the Quran only in Arabic and arabic alone? Has god and prophet ordained so? Do I now distinguish god based on language and "alien" culture? Allah is an Arabic god.. my god is called "khuda".. or maybe "bhagvan"??

Friends, reality is that we are today faced with having to answer these two questions for ourselves, plus one even more important one, but lets deal with that later -- islam must be universal or it will not survive and Quran if it is the word of God, must be in the language of those who are it's adherents, not in the language of one particular cultural subset - we are not in the "chosen" business - we are in the redemption through faith business and our shop is open to all.

The reality is, if Islam was in the language of its adherents.. who have cultural , physical and mental differences.. each would create their own image of Islam and god.. and then the universal concept of Islam is gone.. since it is not a single entity anymore. One's cultural uniqueness has nothing to do with the uniqueness of god's word.
if Quran was revealed to the ukranians.. you would issues with that cultural subset. God chose arabic for a reason best known to him, if one takes the time out to read and make efforts to understand the Quran, there is no problem even if you are unfamiliar with the language.. off course unless you wish to convey that we start second guessing god as well.. since all is open to discussion.. then perhaps we need to take god to task as well for his betrayal of the rest of the non-arab Muslims by revealing his word in Arabic..(an-aouzubillah)

Globalization.. multiculturalism.. the progressive mindset..
Seems to conflict with religion a lot these days dont they.

Bhai , you emulate the one you love. That is the 1st lesson a sufi would teach you.
This is not about whether it is commanded or not.
I am sure you can offer namaz in urdu or Hindi or english & be just fine but you can never complete a tafseer without knowing traditional arabic.
But if I wish to offer in arabic, dress like the prophet then no one should take an issue with it.
You people on here are not even typing in your own languange and yet you complain about arab influence.

I for one can type in english, urdu, pushto, and can understand some punjabi but not everyone english is understood by more so i use urdu, and I love Arabic and I dont thinkwe should quit it but as religion is concerned to understand it we should either become 100% Arab or 100% natives to our lands so that we may altleast know what is on the Quran.....

We are not concerned about Arabization in my opinion if we are going to read Quran in Arabic we might as well give up our language and adopt Arabic and i have no argument against it, if my college will include Arabic i will learn it the way i learn english or urdu, but a country changing its language to understand Quran is not as practical as understanding Quran in our own language......

You do UNDERSTAND the Quran in your language, but you dont read and recite the Quran in your language. You read tarjuma in your language, you read tafsir in your language, you just don't recite the Quran in your language.

Muse is a provocateur.

A while ago he was the biggest apologist for Israel, then he made a complete u-turn and became anti Israel, I dont think I caught the explanation.

Never trust a guy like that.

hum isko Arbi seekhay begair nai samajh saktay yahe to masla ha, isko begair Arbi smajhay bhe samjha ja sakta ha ya nai....

First of all you asked me to give reference from Quran and i have mentione that in my post secondly you can understand quran without knowing arabic language.
You should go for a Teacher which give you the knowledge of Quran and teaches you.
thirdly,the next question you can ask is about common people that are uneducated how they can unerstand so ans to that is to understand Quran one should have a teacher wether you now Arabic or not because even if you know arabic you cannot understand the full meaning and the knoweldgeof quran

Globalization.. multiculturalism.. the progressive mindset..
Seems to conflict with religion a lot these days dont they.

If the Quran is spread in different languages, then the original text will be lost, and the meaning will be misinterpreted , just like the Bible. But dont worry people, Allah has taken this upon Himself to preserve the Quran in it's original form, in it's original language.

Back
Top Bottom