What's new

Why Pakistan must annex/merge with Afghanistan

Bad idea.

There will be intense ethnic rivalries in this sort of arrangement. Having a friendly Gov is all we need. Nothing more. Nothing less.

How so? Pakistan didnt balkanize after adding millions of refugees from india, Afghanistan and Bangal. Also almost 20 years of terrorism, what makes you think relieving most of our refugees, by securing their homes. Is going to balkanize Pakistan? Most of these anti Afghan statements are held by the urdu speaking immigrants in pakistan. Its blunt racism

Even if I like the idea of merging Afghanistan and Pakistan, I would like this question be asked to the Afghans themselves. It doesn’t depends on our will but on their’s.

Some would like to be merged with Pakistan, but what about the others who wouldn’t like it ? Keep in mind that they spent many decades fighting each other for power/land and what not...

And now many Afghans may have been brainwashed by indians, americans, etc.
When many Afghans brothers and sisters came to safe place in Pakistan during Soviet Union invasion, m there was not (or less)indian brainwashing, and also if I’m not mistaken indians were close to Soviets.

Add to that maybe some would like to merge with Pakistan as first step and later when Durand line will be past history, they will/could start claiming all the territory of Pakistan ? In that sens there is a risk of balkanisation of Pakistan for sure.

And remember there was a map of broken/ balkanised Pakistan shown few years ago.

I’m not expert so could be wrong.

Pakistan is still a developing country, and needs stability. The last thing you want is further destabilization due to annexation of A-Stan. Such an adventure requires a LOT of Capital which Pakistan does not have.

Even if I like the idea of merging Afghanistan and Pakistan, I would like this question be asked to the Afghans themselves. It doesn’t depends on our will but on their’s.

Some would like to be merged with Pakistan, but what about the others who wouldn’t like it ? Keep in mind that they spent many decades fighting each other for power/land and what not...

When many Afghans brothers and sisters came to safe place in Pakistan during Soviet Union invasion, m there was not (or less)indian brainwashing, and also if I’m not mistaken indians were close to Soviets.

Add to that maybe some would like to merge with Pakistan as first step and later when Durand line will be past history, they will/could start claiming all the territory of Pakistan ? In that sens there is a risk of balkanisation of Pakistan for sure.

And remember there was a map of broken/ balkanised Pakistan shown few years ago.

Afghanistan is a fractured society whose governance collapsed long time ago. Please refrain from demonizing people... Even here in the U.S. Afghans work for Pakistanis and Pakistanis for Afghans... the camaraderie exists in every sphere...
Pakistan's next generation is being raised in cocoon... they have to get grips with coming times and it's demands.

It is going to get a lot tougher before it gets any easy.

can't you guys find more worse country on earth to be annexed ?:lol: what is afghanistan ?
a terror infected society
poverty unemployment drugs gun culture lack of any civil manners no education no healthcare society is broken and fighting each other since last 70 years . :disagree: . if you guys do not want pakistan then give it back to india they are 1 million times better then Afghanistan .

Afghanistan is a fractured society whose governance collapsed long time ago. Please refrain from demonizing people... Even here in the U.S. Afghans work for Pakistanis and Pakistanis for Afghans... the camaraderie exists in every sphere...
Pakistan's next generation is being raised in cocoon... they have to get grips with coming times and it's demands.

It is going to get a lot tougher before it gets any easy.

Im not demonizing people. There are bad people and good people everywhere. If you want to check my discussions with Starlord who at the end seems to have put me on his ignore list...
I apologise if you feel i was demonising people (its not an excuse but english is not my first language so sometimes i make mistakes in writing what i really want to say).

I was about to edit to complete my previous message but i received your notification. So i will reply here.

What i am tinking is in same line with what you said. But a merger project is not a simple project as did the europeans in Africa, as if they woken up one morning ok let's cut this terriroty, merge it with this one etc with the help of a 20 cm ruler and a paper pencil (same as the ones i used in my childhood in school).

There should be a thinking, a dialogue between Pakistanis and Afghanis, but also among Pakistanis themselves but most importantly among Afghanis themselves.

There should be a legal framework agreed by both, where everything is put on paper with blood ink of all parties, in which every aspects, situations etc should be written etc, because who are we to discuss about their fate ? They should have their say in the matter. There are surely positive points about merging but we should be realist and analyse also the negatives one, the risks...

everything should be well discussed by all accepted parties. It's a long process, not easy. You can have look how occurs mergers between companies in USA or Europe. There are armies of lawers legal advisers and what not experts...

What would happen in future if some people ask a "Brexit" in the case of Afghanistan and Pakistan ? would we see just a brexit like the British one ? Or would we see, knowing the militancy we had and have for whatever reasons, a new miltancy ?

Im not demonizing people. There are bad people and good people everywhere. If you want to check my discussions with Starlord who at the end seems to have put me on his ignore list...
I apologise if you feel i was demonising people (its not an excuse but english is not my first language so sometimes i make mistakes in writing what i really want to say).

I was about to edit to complete my previous message but i received your notification. So i will reply here.

What i am tinking is in same line with what you said. But a merger project is not a simple project as did the europeans in Africa, as if they woken up one morning ok let's cut this terriroty, merge it with this one etc with the help of a 20 cm ruler and a paper pencil (same as the ones i used in my childhood in school).

There should be a thinking, a dialogue between Pakistanis and Afghanis, but also among Pakistanis themselves but most importantly among Afghanis themselves.

There should be a legal framework agreed by both, where everything is put on paper with blood ink of all parties, in which every aspects, situations etc should be written etc, because who are we to discuss about their fate ? They should have their say in the matter. There are surely positive points about merging but we should be realist and analyse also the negatives one, the risks...

everything should be well discussed by all accepted parties. It's a long process, not easy. You can have look how occurs mergers between companies in USA or Europe. There are armies of lawers legal advisers and what not experts...

What would happen in future if some people ask a "Brexit" in the case of Afghanistan and Pakistan ? would we see just a brexit like the British one ? Or would we see, knowing the militancy we had and have for whatever reasons, a new miltancy ?
Salut!
Juste pour un Francais ... In European context, the merger between Pakistan and Afghanistan is not like that of E.U. ... it is more akin to East and West Germany... the wall needs to be brought down... by people or government... sooner rather than later... so that a unified and confident generation can come to the fore... one that is sure of it's abilities and cognizant of it's history. Pakistan's road to Kashmir comes from Afghanistan!

you know what is funny about this debate?
In the early days of Pakistan, there was a proposal by the Afghans to merge with Pakistan.
But Liaqat Ali Khan turned it down as it would have been nothing but a resource drain.

Personally, I believe that charity starts at home.
Pakistan first needs to fix itself, then it can help Afghanistan and maybe in the future, if we have similar levels of development, we can have an EU like agreement.

Pakistan in its true form is The Khoransan... it has been foretold...and the realities on the ground are moving towards that end...

Please, do note that many of OurKin live in Persian controlled Balochistan..they speak Urdu, eat like us dress like us... they are us!

Pakistan is NOT just another country... I know about our artifiical poverty, population explosion and tech gap...educational/ HDI gaps...

Despite all of the above... KhoransanPakistan is the Key to OurNaturalBeing...

However, we need to excercise wisdom, patience and the Correct Statecraft.... as @Rafeh highlighted... this is medium term project and requires the US to exit completely...

In any case, first we need to protect the PakRealm, The Heartland... all of the rest will fall into its place... but for such an undertaking we need to produce Statesmen and not MarasiPoliticians....
:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

Before even Afganistan to merge with Pakistan, Afganistan has to be united by themselves.Do you think Afganistan will behave as united country in next 50 year??

Salut!
Juste pour un Francais ... In European context, the merger between Pakistan and Afghanistan is not like that of E.U. ... it is more akin to East and West Germany... the wall needs to be brought down... by people or government... sooner rather than later... so that a unified and confident generation can come to the fore... one that is sure of it's abilities and cognizant of it's history. Pakistan's road to Kashmir comes from Afghanistan!

Salut l'ami (je ne suis pas francais, meme si je me sens francais et pakistanais en même temps).

You are right about the East/West Germany. And I agree with that image. But you will agree that we have to discuss with Afghanis first but the choice should be their. Could we go there and tell them ok guys from today your are Pakistanis Afghanistan is no more now ?

You have to prepare the ground, fix the problems you have at home first, and help them to fix their own problems... but currently bollywood made lot of destruction. Yes we have to rebuild something, but it should be done carefully, not asap in one day.

Before even Afganistan to merge with Pakistan, Afganistan has to be united by themselves.Do you think Afganistan will behave as united country in next 50 year??
afghans are fighting each other since long long time they will not be united nor they will be civilized next 200 years .

All I can say is it will take time. The second generation is more Pakistani then kabuli. Just like that through education and teaching them the greater good will take its hold.

No one is crazy enough to fight for nothing. They face real factual issues which the enemy uses to drive a wench into our relationship. Even though Pakistan's are far more closely related to them then any Indian. That goes for the Pakistani Punjabis, sindhs and etc

afghans are fighting each other since long long time they will not be united nor they will be civilized next 200 years .
See that's the problem, they can unite themselves but their is nothing stopping us. We arent going there to loot and murder like the Brits, Turks, and mongols. We are going there to unite.

All I can say is it will take time. The second generation is more Pakistani then kabuli. Just like that through education and teaching them the greater good will take its hold.

No one is crazy enough to fight for nothing. They face real factual issues which the enemy uses to drive a wench into our relationship. Even though Pakistan's are far more closely related to them then any Indian. That goes for the Pakistani Punjabis, sindhs and etc

See that's the problem, they can unite themselves but their is nothing stopping us. We arent going there to loot and murder like the Brits, Turks, and mongols. We are going there to unite.

bhai jan sar chupany ko ALLAH pak ne aik jaga de rakhi hai humy kiyoo usko tabbah kerna hai apko ? afghanistan ko insaan banny main abhi 500 sall baki hain .

InshAllah it happens. This will benefit both Afghanistan and Pakistan. However, first step is peace, second step is supporting one another with resources, third step is building unification ministries so, fourth step is aligning our interests by giving Visas to one another and sending doctors and engineers.

The biggest burden will be on Pakistan, since we lack in development and educated people due to 40 years of war, but if we genuinely support one another we can make this happen and benefit our people.

BTW OP your map is missing the other part of Kashmir :-)
It will be, just like it was when FATA voted to join, but I feel if the venom spread by our enemies is taken out then everyone will work towards the greater good.

The venom are things like TTP, ISIS, BLA and etc. These groups not only kill ahs brainwash people of kabul but also people of Pakistan. They are the real enemies and all those that fund them

bhai jan sar chupany ko ALLAH pak ne aik jaga de rakhi hai humy kiyoo usko tabbah kerna hai apko ? afghanistan ko insaan banny main abhi 500 sall baki hain .
My homeland is on both sides of the border. This is a british creation to divide and conquer. They divided your and my kin, so they could rule us. Not anymore, why do we keep letting the enimes use this to kill 3ach other?

Back
Top Bottom