What's new

why pak cannot launch their own sattelite

simple problem is..... no money. once you add money then you can invest in getting more people and training them and also getting the best facilities.

Yes, NP-Complete, I would like to approach solid investors who could also possibly handle HR-related issues and be a part of accounts management however all the scientific work will be done by independent scientific teams that we will slowly grow as cash flow becomes better. We could work on the design of advanced mathematical technologies from scratch by building on available research and using our expertise. We could then license these mature mathematical technologies to other business groups on a profit sharing basis.

There is tremendous amount of work that can be done like for example, choosing a bit random example, the physical design and design of material composition of blades of wind turbines. I would give a layman idea of the simulation of the moving blades of a wind turbine. In a large simulation, we will have a design of the blade with the whole blade divided into a large number of very small segments (or finite elements). Given a certain angle and speed of wind flow, each segment rotating around a larger axis will have its own angle of contact with the air and the speed of segment, speed of the air and angle of contact would determine how much force air transfers to the segment when there is an impact. Then there are other variables like what are the properties of the material of the blades that would determine its moment of inertia or related angular momentum everywhere. Then we would have to integrate/sum force generated by the impact over all small finite elements over all the turbine blades and also sum the related properties of moment of inertia and angular momentum of the blades and also consider any friction, drag or turbulence and then determine the speed of the wing and power produced etc. Later we could decide what are the optimum properties of the materials that are required for strength, and efficiency of the wind turbine. Once a simulation design is ready on computer it can be constantly and very easily altered to find optimum variables like blade size, local blade angles along the length of the blade, blade material and all other relevant parameters. All of this is not very difficult to put in the form of a comprehensive computer simulation of the wind turbine for most talented applied mathematicians. A single large wind turbine that produces 1MW at its peak capacity can cost more than 5 crores in international market. We can manufacture it roughly in 1 crore rupees if there is enough production size. Of course this is a very rough idea.

Similarly I feel real pain when I see my country trying to find badly needed jet engine for her fighter jets to defend our country. No western country gives us those engines and usually we have to pay through our nose to get them. Even Russians are not willing to sell the best engines. I really think it is possible to design a comprehensive 3-D computer simulation composed of a very large number of extremely small segments of the moving parts and moving fluids in the jet engine with a complete simulation of what is the speed of air-intake in very small 3D segments and then the comprehensive simulation based on first mathematical principles coupled with each other in the most sophisticated way. The simulation would give a micro-second by micro-second snapshot of variables like speed of air-intake at a certain 3-D coordinate, pressure there and thrust after burning of fuel all sort of other related variables. A complete comprehensive design can take, for example a year or two to develop, but once it is developed it will be extremely easy to do all sort of changes considering the requirement of jet engine body materials, design requirements for brute force thrust when needed, or design requirements of optimum fuel efficiency. Once a better technology is ready, the manufactured engines could sell for several tens of millions of dollars anywhere in the world.

I would also like to invite Pakistan Army since it is a patriotic force in Pakistan to invest in my company or make a very small joint venture initially that could grow with time so that we can develop all sorts of advanced peaceful and defensive applied mathematical technologies. I do not have any unnecessary demands but I want a peace of mind and protection from ill will that some foreign nations harbor for us. There is an extremely huge amount of work we can do in the area of advanced mathematical technologies and we need to that in our country before it is too late.

I think you need to propose your idea and company to your government or maybe other Muslim countries. Yup, marketing our idea sometime become burden even when we know that our product/ service is better that what has already been in the market. Just like Apple computer, it needs Steve Jobs to make it successful since he has charisma to convince people to put their money on Apple development, even though he doesnt really understand about programming stuff.

Maybe your company can do that in other country that can help the financing and supportive to Pakistani cause like Turkey. Later you can help your nation after the product/service is ready. It is similar like our expert in remote sensing technology that now live in Japan. Despite living there he still can help his nation through his work and finished product.

We have not one but many “Dichotomies” existing in our society simultaneously. By dichotomy I refer to a division into two mutually exclusive contradictory groups/ entities or practices.

First & foremost being the identity. We are Muslims first, Sindhis/ Baluchi’s/ Pashtuns/Mohajirs/ Punjabis second and Pakistanis last. Hell, we don’t want to know how many we really are, because Sindhis & Baluchis are afraid that they would turn out be minorities in their province & lose their grip on power. A good chunk of the population is bent on enforcing their version of Sharia on rest of the population by force. They consider voting un-Islamic & despite the fact we saw that their rule in Afghanistan virtually destroying everything and 'Darse Nizami' was considered the proper education syllabus; even Oxford educated Imran Khan has soft spot for them.

Second is the complete lack of respect for merit & education. We want to take shortcuts in everything. Jamshed Dasti was disqualified for fake degree but the naïve public re-elected him! A fake medical or engineering degree would not enable you to perform an operation or build a bridge. Who knows how many dubious degree holders are occupying senior technical posts in the gov’t owned establishments? Because of this a very large percentage of Pakistani scientists migrate abroad hence the famous ‘Brain drain’.

Finally, gov’t revenue is abysmally inadequate for the country’s’ needs. Regrettably, in addition to the human resources, R &D also needs injection of funds. Ruling classes are not the only ones, all of us are guilty of tax evasion. No wants to pay taxes in Pakistan. More than half the population still lives in the villages but there is no tax on the agricultural income. How would GOP finance Research & Development when the revenue is not enough to pay even for the health & education?

We can all dream of manufacturing world beating fighters, helicopters, frigates, submarines & even having indigenous space program. But all these would tantamount to nothing more than wishful thinking until such time that there is a paradigm shift in the society mind-set.

Everyone must understand that no worthwhile progress in any field can be achieved until sectarian killing, suicide bombings & all extremism is eliminated. How can you expect peace in a society where anti-polio workers risk death by the Islamic extremists! We have to create a peaceful & tolerant society before anything.

Next step is prioritizing education & merit. That means end of nepotism & political appointments in other words end of corruption. Therefore no more medical doctors such as Dr Asim as Ministers for Petroleum.

I see many posts denigrating Indian scientific achievements and implying that Indian goods are rubbish. We underestimate our adversary at our peril. We should instead be praising Indian defence produce (even when it is in fact rubbish) so that the nation is shaken out from the false sense of security.

Sad reality however, is that Pakistan is way behind India in Science & Technology. Dr Abul Kalam, late Indian President was a first rate rocket scientist resulting in Indian advancement in Rocket Science. (In case anyone points out, the great Satyendra Nath Bose, FRS, after whom the 'Boson' is named; was not Indian but IMO a Bangla Deshi)

When one examines list of Nobel Laureates in the scientific fields, there are 4 Indian/ Indian origin scientists. Sir CV Raman won Nobel Prize in Physics in 1911. Harbind Khorana for Medicine in 1968, Subramanyam Chander Shakher in 1983 in Physics & Venkat Raman Ramakrishnan for Chemistry in 2009.

Whereas there is only one Pakistani, Professor Abdus Salam. Actually the whole Muslim world only produced two others; Ahmed Zewali (Egyptian origin) Chemistry -1999 & Aziz Sancar (Turkey) Chemistry in 2015. Forget about harping on the past Muslim achievements; the fact that just one University (Cambridge) produced 29 Nobel Prize wiiners in Physics, 26 in Medicine and 22 in Chemistry; illustrates how far behind Pakistan & Muslims are in the present day science & technology.

Future wars would be won by technology & technology alone. To quote an actual example, there were suggestions in the US during the cold war era that the US should consider setting up a military base on the moon so that Russia ICBMS could be destroyed before the same are launched. Later it was modified into the ‘Star War’ program whereby space based laser weapons would intercept Russian ICBMs before these reach the United States mainland. Pray tell me how would Pakistani cruise missiles / nuclear weapons hurt an enemy when the same are destroyed before launch?

For a country be truly independent, we need to have technology of similar level. Since no one else is going to give it to us, we would to have to acquire the same on our own. The elite may be ‘Beghairat’; but all members of the society who hide their income and do not pay their due taxes and vote for fake degree holder & corrupt MNAs must share the blame. Because until such time that GOP revenue reaches the level that sufficient funds for R &D are available; we would remain dependent upon others.

Last edited:
Yes, NP-Complete, I would like to approach solid investors who could also possibly handle HR-related issues and be a part of accounts management however all the scientific work will be done by independent scientific teams that we will slowly grow as cash flow becomes better. We could work on the design of advanced mathematical technologies from scratch by building on available research and using our expertise. We could then license these mature mathematical technologies to other business groups on a profit sharing basis.

There is tremendous amount of work that can be done like for example, choosing a bit random example, the physical design and design of material composition of blades of wind turbines. I would give a layman idea of the simulation of the moving blades of a wind turbine. In a large simulation, we will have a design of the blade with the whole blade divided into a large number of very small segments (or finite elements). Given a certain angle and speed of wind flow, each segment rotating around a larger axis will have its own angle of contact with the air and the speed of segment, speed of the air and angle of contact would determine how much force air transfers to the segment when there is an impact. Then there are other variables like what are the properties of the material of the blades that would determine its moment of inertia or related angular momentum everywhere. Then we would have to integrate/sum force generated by the impact over all small finite elements over all the turbine blades and also sum the related properties of moment of inertia and angular momentum of the blades and also consider any friction, drag or turbulence and then determine the speed of the wing and power produced etc. Later we could decide what are the optimum properties of the materials that are required for strength, and efficiency of the wind turbine. Once a simulation design is ready on computer it can be constantly and very easily altered to find optimum variables like blade size, local blade angles along the length of the blade, blade material and all other relevant parameters. All of this is not very difficult to put in the form of a comprehensive computer simulation of the wind turbine for most talented applied mathematicians. A single large wind turbine that produces 1MW at its peak capacity can cost more than 5 crores in international market. We can manufacture it roughly in 1 crore rupees if there is enough production size. Of course this is a very rough idea.

Similarly I feel real pain when I see my country trying to find badly needed jet engine for her fighter jets to defend our country. No western country gives us those engines and usually we have to pay through our nose to get them. Even Russians are not willing to sell the best engines. I really think it is possible to design a comprehensive 3-D computer simulation composed of a very large number of extremely small segments of the moving parts and moving fluids in the jet engine with a complete simulation of what is the speed of air-intake in very small 3D segments and then the comprehensive simulation based on first mathematical principles coupled with each other in the most sophisticated way. The simulation would give a micro-second by micro-second snapshot of variables like speed of air-intake at a certain 3-D coordinate, pressure there and thrust after burning of fuel all sort of other related variables. A complete comprehensive design can take, for example a year or two to develop, but once it is developed it will be extremely easy to do all sort of changes considering the requirement of jet engine body materials, design requirements for brute force thrust when needed, or design requirements of optimum fuel efficiency. Once a better technology is ready, the manufactured engines could sell for several tens of millions of dollars anywhere in the world.

I would also like to invite Pakistan Army since it is a patriotic force in Pakistan to invest in my company or make a very small joint venture initially that could grow with time so that we can develop all sorts of advanced peaceful and defensive applied mathematical technologies. I do not have any unnecessary demands but I want a peace of mind and protection from ill will that some foreign nations harbor for us. There is an extremely huge amount of work we can do in the area of advanced mathematical technologies and we need to that in our country before it is too late.
We can generalize this approach as accounting for the effect of relevant variables over infinitesimals over which they can be considered as constants and then adding up these infinitesimal effects to get the net effect.
I would like to start straight away. We can prepare our first model (of a wind turbine maybe ?) in the next six months or so. I would like to have a meeting with you. But as you said in another thread that you are in a psychiatric facility right now. Do inform when they let you out. I'll then visit you at your office.

Enough to know that you produce junk after junk, as for your so-called indigenous missiles like the "Brahmos" enough said, if I was you I would stop posting any further drivel, everyone on this forum must be laughing at you...DRDO is a success story :disagree::lol:, even the Indians do not believe this so I will do you a favour and tell you to tone down your nonsensical claims or else every blogger will think you belong in some kind of asylum.kudos

Hmmm, they are only launching SLBMs from a SSBN as we speak. Indians that know anything know that several of DRDO's labs are preforming decent and good actually. Never the less, Indians dont want the status quo of DRDO handling all the R&D either.

Dude, what do you even know? Seriously. Labs dealing with ballistic missiles managed to induct and productionized Agni 4 is record time. Agni 5 is also one test away from being inducted, and it was flawlessly canistered fired. K15 and K4 SLBMs have flawlessly fired from pontoons and from Arihant itself. They're on to ASAT, MIRVed missiles, etc. now. Please compare to what it was with early Prithvis and Agnis.

Materials wing have developed and given ToT of titanium sponge, warship grade steel, composite armor for tanks, helicopters, etc. All of which was denied to India. Naval subsystems like 3D radar, EW system, sonars, torpedos, etc. have been been inducted or near it. The radar division is on to ground based AESA radars, awacs systems, etc.

If you're following them closely, several of the labs are maturing, or might I say, "the ball has started to roll", especially labs dealing with radars, optics, tactical missiles, etc. Please even consider their budget as well.

Last edited:
Dude, what do you even know? Seriously. Labs dealing with ballistic missiles managed to induct and productionized Agni 4 is record time. Agni 5 is also one test away from being inducted, and it was flawlessly canistered fired. K15 and K4 SLBMs have flawlessly fired from pontoons and from Arihant itself. They're on to ASAT, MIRVed missiles, etc. now.

Materials wing have developed and given ToT of titanium sponge, warship grade steel, composite armor for tanks, helicopters, etc. Naval subsystems like 3D radar, EW system, sonars, torpedos, etc. have been been inducted or near it. The radar division is on to ground based AESA radars, awacs systems, etc.

If you're following them closely, several of the labs are maturing, especially labs dealing with radars, optics, tactical missiles, etc. Please even consider their budget as well.
Pakistan's Best Friend is China..NO...Turkey...NO...Saudi Arabia..NO.......DRDO...YES YES...YES:lol::lol:

Pakistan's Best Friend is China..NO...Turkey...NO...Saudi Arabia..NO.......DRDO...YES YES...YES:lol::lol:

xuVZx7t.gif

7PwKBVp.gif

2b7yr52.gif

qKFuDAN.gif

Your best friend is doing us wonders, thanks. :lol:

You know, you guys used to make fun of ISRO at one point as well. Now none of you are in sight, it's going to be a recurring thing.

Last edited:
(In case anyone points out, the great Satyendra Nath Bose, FRS, after whom the 'Boson' is named; was not Indian but IMO a Bangla Deshi)
Nitpicking here on an otherwise splendid post.

Bose was born in Calcutta. He did his schooling in a suburb/peripheral town of kolkata. his He even did his bachelors in calcutta. For his masters he moved to Dacca university.And he died in Calcutta.
And all this happened before india was divided in 47

This would be analogous to say someone from peshawar is an afghan. I hope you get the point here.

We can generalize this approach as accounting for the effect of relevant variables over infinitesimals over which they can be considered as constants and then adding up these infinitesimal effects to get the net effect.

Yes this can be done but many times we have shapes/domains where it is not possible to parameterize everything and solve it analytically. Best we can do is make the finite elements small enough so we could locally integrate all effects by using first order or second order approximation of how variables are changing over the domain and then sum over all the finite elements to find the net effect of various forces. The design can be developed in two or three months but we will have to get in touch with some materials expert. Once we are given a wind speed range in a certain area and its distribution, the model can give us all the optimum values of density of materials (that would dictate angular momentum given a blade design) and the strength of material required to withstand shear or fracture in storms. In fact given any density of material and shear it can withstand, the model could tell us the efficiency ratio to the optimum values and the speed of wind when the blade could get damaged. We could very easily adapt the wing design and wing material given the effective wind speed range in a certain area. Though I will also like to work with mathematical formulation of materials and alloys design and their manufacturing, we will have to initially include some expert who could choose the right materials and help in manufacturing of the blades.

Last edited:
These are some news references to wind power generation in Germany, China and India. Just to give an idea about the state of affairs regarding renewable wind energy generation in some other countries.

http://qz.com/680661/germany-had-so...that-it-had-to-pay-people-to-use-electricity/

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/china-blows-past-the-u-s-in-wind-power/

http://cleantechnica.com/2015/11/11/india-likely-beat-wind-energy-capacity-addition-target-2015-16/

This is an excerpt about Indian Wind Energy Plans from the above link. "By March 2022 the Government aims to have an operational wind energy capacity of 60 GW. Several leading project developers have set ambitious goal to set up wind energy projects over the next 5-7 years. The total capacity addition commitment received by the Indian Government from such developers is around 48 GW."

We are late to start working on these technologies, but we are still not too late. As a nation, we have to act now before it really is too late.

Here is a link to very recent pdf report by European Wind Energy Association. https://windeurope.org/fileadmin/files/library/publications/reports/EWEA-Aiming-High.pdf

It is already attracting likes of Google and Apple as the report claims on page 9 where it also shows that wind energy has become more competitive than natural gas in terms of cost.

Last edited:
I have copied my relevant posts on this thread to another thread about Wind Energy Potential in Pakistan. I have also made a request there for funding for my applied mathematical technologies company. Here is the address of the new post. https://defence.pk/threads/feasibil...atts-of-wind-power.296265/page-2#post-8355355

Here is my proposal for funding. I am looking for funding to start an Applied Mathematical Technologies Company. I have hastily made a very quick and very brief review about the kind of work my company would like to do. I would love to answer the questions of genuinely interested people to their complete satisfaction. Here is the link to initial quick presentation.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1UoJb9Zaj22UEZSS2p3bWtDM0U

If you would be interested, you could call me at the number on the presentation or you could email me at anan2999@yahoo.com, or even post here.

I have to agree with @ziva that lack of quality education is probably the most important reason for our lagging behind other nations in different spheres of life. A good education not only imparts the right skills to become successful in life, it also teaches how to become a good human being irrespective of your religion, creed, or nationality.

Though many people will strongly disagree, I think religion in itself is not bad at all. The problem is not religion, it is adherence to dogma, lack of education and lack of tolerance. In a world where efforts to make more money continue to overwhelm other good aspects of human life, especially in badly managed societies with limited resources, the desire to become rich quick drastically damages the ethics of respect and regard for other humans. It is human nature that we are mostly very impatient, at least on the scale on which sheer hard work and determination is required to become rich and successful in life, and consequently to fulfill our dream of making fast money, many of us are quick to sacrifice what is good for others and the society in general. A good religion does not want its adherents to hurt infidels(as taught by dogma and as popularly misunderstood by others), it wants its adherents to translate a fear of God into a thoughtful regard and respect for fellow humans and the society and an inability to wrong other human beings in any possible way. However orthodox, old-fashioned and unrealistic it might seem to many others, I know that my belief in God helps me approach other humans with great respect and be genuinely thoughtful and considerate about their well being while I know I could never have cared if I did not believe in God and if I believed only in taking rational decisions and actions oriented towards benefiting me. I am not comparing myself to anyone here but examples of religious goodness can be seen in so many people like mother Teresa who devoted her life to help others. However religion certainly is a private matter of people's own lives and attempts to impose it on others are always bound to hurt the society.

Our problem as a nation does not have as much to do with religion, yes, dogma without education and without regard and understanding of other humans, has always created problems everywhere and it has created enough problems for our nation. But again, as @ziva suggested, the solution is to give a very good education to our children and try to make them open-minded while still teaching them good things about our culture and religion.

I really think if our nation solved just one problem and that is they gave the right education to her children, most of our problems as a nation would be solved forever in time. Proper education has to get more priority than any other thing state does for her nationals if we have to succeed.

There is however a sub-category of education that has to be truly emphasized while of course not neglecting other aspects of good education. And that is education related to sciences and technology. Not everyone can become a great scientist or engineer but brilliant children with orientation towards sciences must be given a very rigorous STEM (Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) curriculum that teaches them how to learn analytical and computational skills early in life. Later, there should be research oriented universities with an intensive culture of applied sciences research where students are trained in technological disciplines in a way that they can apply their skills successfully in real world problems.

I am sure if we can develop a good educational system, there will be quite large technology related industry in our country. Many readers can notice that there is a very large correlation between prosperity of any country and the state of science and technology related research education and industry there.

While emphasizing the science and technology related part of education, I must emphasize that role of good education should be to make children good human beings in all respect and not just smart in sciences. If our national education is lacking in any aspect, we will have to face the consequences due to those shortcomings in the our education system.

It is a great pity that people at helm of affairs in our country do not understand the importance of education. New budget allocated 800 billion rupees to development expenditure but allocated only 22 billion for higher education. Only if you could change the development budge to 700 billion, and higher education budget to 122 billion, we could start seeing the fruit of better asset allocation by the state in a few years.

Another important thing that must be emphasized that allocating money for education without a solid plan of action would not benefit in any way. It has to be very thoroughly planned what concrete actions have to be taken to improve STEM education curriculum and research culture in the universities. Money allocated without a sound and solid plan of action would not benefit our country in any way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom