What's new

Why no Eurofighter missions in Syria against ISIL?

kirankumar299

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
Why is UK using Tornadoes instead of Eurofighters against ISIL in syria and iraq?? Isn't that capable enough to bomb the ISIL targets?

What is the need for US to flow an F-22 raptor for a bombing mission in Iraq and Syria when French Rafales and UK Tornadoes where able to do it??

If I am not wrong, US only used Raptors for only one day... may b to test the system

Why is UK using Tornadoes instead of Eurofighters against ISIL in syria and iraq?? Isn't that capable enough to bomb the ISIL targets?

Because the Tornado can use Brimstone missiles and it is used to take out smaller targets like vehicles with them as the reports shows. The EF hasn't integrated the weapon yet, but maybe that changes now.

Correct me if i'm wrong...do ISIL have sophisticated defences.....that F-22 is testing itself?

Of course they haven't but Syria has and attacking targets in their airspace even if the Government supports the attacks on IS has risks, which makes using stealth aircrafts in initial strikes a good choice. But for basic strikes in less risky areas like Iraq, even armed trainers would be enough.

Correct me if i'm wrong...do ISIL have sophisticated defences.....that F-22 is testing itself?
IS has no significant defences to counter even any non stealth aircraft... F-22 also did air to air refueling at midnight during an operational mission... may b it was just a realistic training mission for them

Back
Top Bottom