What's new

Why is travel media dangerous for Pakistan tourism!?

That is the thing. Look everyone visits subsaharan african countries as tourists, but why do they go there, just to watch wild life live on the savana of subsaharan africa, no one goes there to watch culture, civilization or hospitality of subsaharan africans. I am hundred percent sure that even some racist white supremacists who otherwise hate africans also visit those african countries just to have savana safari experience. You might know many euro-americans like animals more than some human beings. Wild life is a precious asset that subsahara african countries have and no one can take it from them.

Pakistan should also develop this kind of approach for tourism, the tourism should be centered around some theme which government of paksitan thinks is marketable and will attract interested tourists. We shouldn't expect the whole world to visit us, only those tourists will visit pakistan who would be passionate to visit some specific place/event/activity/festival in pakistan irrespective of money they would spend or irrespective of hardships they would face, that is part of tourism. Only thing that government of paksitan must guarantee to tourists is their safety.

This is such an excellent post.

From what have gathered about governments tourism policy, they are looking to attract;
Religious tourism (Sikh, Hindu, Buddist)
Mountaineers

My suggestion is to also market it as foodies travel destination. Our food doesnt need any marketing as its well known but market places which have gazillion options for food lovers - Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar need to be marketed as main destination for this category.

This is such an excellent post.

From what have gathered about governments tourism policy, they are looking to attract;
Religious tourism (Sikh, Hindu, Buddist)
Mountaineers

My suggestion is to also market it as foodies travel destination. Our food doesnt need any marketing as its well known but market places which have gazillion options for food lovers - Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar need to be marketed as main destination for this category.
hello guys
i am working on writing a guide to pakistan, similar to lonely planet. I would need contracts of some people who can write or have written things before. Can you guys help?

she wasnt invited in the summit because they wanted to portray all is green, in the summit. stupid fat bureaucrats.
her point of view is 90 percent correct. she has been travelling for years and been in pakistan more than once. I see where she is coming from. I wish that we make a framework by considering her points.
pakistan is NOT ready for tourism . Our nation is warm and hospitable but infrastructure isnt as great. She is so right about logistic issues. there are hardly any signs on roads. No tourist info offices ( i know they cant be there when there is no tourism). nothing is publicized at all.
lets agree that gora is more avid traveller and they can afford to travel too. us muslims ( ....... ) .. we have lost our heritage of travels. Gora cities (europe ) as shit .. i repeat .. they are shit. paris is horrid. brussels, i dont even have words to describe it. UK - i wont waste my comments on it. some parts of uk are really good but they arent publicised . many many places which are made to glitter are shit in reality. BUT
this means that they have marketed their stuff so so well that people come from all over the world to see their cities (and then get disapointed lol ) .
we need to market positively, fix our infrastructure and really, try to get rid of this gora complex while treating gora with respect. We need to kick out old souls at the top and put younger generation incharge of things . if we cant do, we will lose the opporunities which we have now.. and i tell you, its now or never .
( PS i have travelled extensively in the uk and europe during last 8 years. I also tried to see pakistan, which is my country, as tourist and i really didnt know where to go).

She is too honest and equally sweet.

Plus she is Gori

Time will tell whether her efforts will be appreciated or will she be labelled another Husain Huqqani
She's not calling for sanctions on Pakistan nor is she arguing that the US should have invaded Pakistan instead of Afghanistan (Mohammed Taqi).

What's she's offered is constructive criticism, while also pointing out that Pakistan is an amazing country with a lot of potential. Haqqani, Taqi and the the usual anti-nationalist crowd don't offer constructive criticism or a nuanced approach.

She's not calling for sanctions on Pakistan nor is she arguing that the US should have invaded Pakistan instead of Afghanistan (Mohammed Taqi).

What's she's offered is constructive criticism, while also pointing out that Pakistan is an amazing country with a lot of potential. Haqqani, Taqi and the the usual anti-nationalist crowd don't offer constructive criticism or a nuanced approach.

And yet she was dis-invited for not being positive enough.

Speak for yourself, I've seen indians getting treated better than your goras in Pakistan.
Let's not project your personal insecurities on to the entire nation mate.

That is equally bad, there is no need to treat indians any better than any other foreign tourists. All foreign tourists no matter which country they come from or which language they speak should be treated equally as a customer.

Last edited:
I completely disagree with that decision.

P.S: Was she dis -nvited or told there wouldn't be enough time for her to present? From her video it appears she was present at the conference but didn't get to present her views.

I completely disagree with that decision.

P.S: Was she dis -nvited or told there wouldn't be enough time for her to present? From her video it appears she was present at the conference but didn't get to present her views.

There are many ways to silence unwelcome criticism. :D

Either way, I disagree with the decision. She makes valid points and like I said, her constructive criticism is a far cry from the likes of Taqi, Haqqani, Bukhari etc.

And as I said above, the real proof remains the numbers of tourists visiting and the average revenue spent by each visitor.

Let the tourists start coming back. People aren’t stupid. Nothing is free in this world.

We have to project the soft side of Pakistan. There is also no doubt that Pakistanis are generous and very hospitable.
exactly, only countries with massive tourism industry are buying the lastest generation figther jets in cash money.

Be it Egypt with its countless russian, german etc tourists
India
Turkey
UAE

all these countries have a great tourism industry which gives them dollars, pounds, euros and rubels to buy the ltest millitary equipment

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom