What's new

Why is travel media dangerous for Pakistan tourism!?

Guys, tourism should be developed for sure.

For that :

- sure we should make rules clear and easy to understand for foreigners.
That requires a document explaining what is our culture, what can be done and what cannot be done, how to apply visa, what documents, authorisations are needed, from which office.
Why not to do all this during visa application ?

- we need to develop infrastructure (hotel, restaurants, médical center etc) with high standard.
Why not some professional circuits operators with well defined trips plans ?
Like trips in mountains, in deserts, in sea side... all that keeping in mind that we should not put at risk our naturals environments.

Etc...

We have lot of talents without doubt, only a state impulses are needed to give directions and of course truly honest people.

I could be wrong, but here in France, Government and local governments invests lot of money and energies in developing tourism.

P.S: Was she dis -nvited or told there wouldn't be enough time for her to present? From her video it appears she was present at the conference but didn't get to present her views.

she wasn't allowed to present. She was invited to the event though. You can see her when she talks about local vloggers.

The real proof about successful TOURISM, despite any and all claims and counter-claims made by anyone.
I didn't make any claims. I 'm just pointing out that it requires falling to great depths to be analogous to anti-nationalists like Taqi and Haqqani, and the blogger in the OP has done nothing of the sort and offered some very constructive criticism.

I didn't make any claims. I 'm just pointing out that it requires falling to great depths to be analogous to anti-nationalists like Taqi and Haqqani, and the blogger in the OP has done nothing of the sort and offered some very constructive criticism.

Of course. My point remains that hard metrics will show the success or failure of the tourism policies and commentators alike, without fear or favor.

When all Foreigners tbh, you will only feel comfortable with your own folks tbh, Arabs and Turks think the same way they are tribal and racial in nature us Pakistanis act too much "ummah chumah" tbh more than gora complex, Pakistanis need to learn this there is nothing wrong being proud of your culture and race

Pakistanis are their own worst enemy -I've never seen any country produce so many self hating @ssholes who abuse and sell out their own home country so much look at Tarek Fatah,Adnan sami and the likes of Hussain Haqqani and even his wife these people are on a boss level of treachery, proganganda and hate . Lots of countries have critics nothing wrong in highlighting the issues so we can resolve them but i've never seen any other country who have the equivalent of the like of these guys. Tarek Fatah is actually right on one thing how can one country produce so many rectums ?

Pakistan Tourism Summit shares video of Alex Reynolds expressing views on Pakistan
By Entertainment Desk
Published: April 16, 2019
1SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1951912-alexx-1555402815-928-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: INSTAGRAM/ LOST WITH PURPOSE

Yesterday, news arose that American travel blogger Alex Reynolds was ‘silenced’ at the recently held Pakistan Tourism Summit (PTS). Apparently, she wasn’t able to present at the summit as organisers believed her views were too critical.

However, the official Facebook handle of PTS has now shared videos of all the speakers at the event and one of the videos includes Alex’s presentation too. Alex, who runs the blog Lost With Purpose, can clearly be seen showcasing her presentation. Their caption read, “Alex Reynolds, Lost With Purpose – American Travel Blogger shares her experiences and thoughts about Pakistan at Pakistan Tourism Summit.”

Unsurprisingly, countless followers were very puzzled after this video was posted. They took to the comments section to express their confusion. “Listen to what she said in the other video and what actually happened in the summit,” wrote one user.

al-1555402951.jpg

Another wrote, “I’m confused. She said in a video on her blog that her speech was heavily censored and she couldn’t highlight her true experience travelling in Pakistan, but here she is, enlisting the exact points she mentioned in her vlog. Furthermore, she complained that she wasn’t allowed to express her points. I guess she wasn’t “sponsored” like the other bloggers so she felt the need to bash Pakistani tourism in a separate video.”

Some even suggested that the organisers take action, “Alex Reynolds, Lost With Purpose has shared a viral video on her blog that she was stopped from speaking at the summit because of her different views than other vloggers. And here I see that she is on the stage expressing herself. #PTS organisers must take action and sue for misinformation.”

American travel blogger ‘silenced’ at Pakistan Tourism Summit for being too critical

Nonetheless, there were others that began speculating whether Alex was really allowed to present, suggesting that the video shared by PTS of her presentation isn’t actually during the summit. “Look at Eva’s (Polish Travel Vlogger Eva zu Beck) video of her speech and compare with this one, it’s obvious both were done at different venues. Even at the start of this video you can hear the lady say “the last person to give a speech today” which means she gave the speech when everyone left.”

ale-1555403002.jpg

Another added, “She was not allowed to speak while IK (Prime Minister Imran Khan) was there. You can see the front row seats are empty. How demoralising is it for the speaker to only be allowed to speak when the VIPs have left.”

The actual content of her presentation garnered mixed reviews too. “Level headed talk. Raised valid and realistic issues,” stated one follower while another wrote, “I find her irritating, selfish and arrogant. She was invited to come and promote the country not to give her warped scholarly opinion on how to solve the problems of tourism in a country that in reals terms does not have international tourism at present and has only recently come out of a war on terrorism. She is mistaken if she thinks Pakistan has a really cool image at present and foreigners would be misled with all the fancy online content, no one is that naive.”

alie-1555406759.jpg

PHOTO: FACEBOOK/ PAKISTAN TOURISM SUMMIT

Furthermore, pictures and videos of Alex meeting and conversing with the PM have arisen. Due to this, many have questioned the travel blogger’s credibility.

Watch Alex’s previous video here:

Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below.

That is equally bad, there is no need to treat indians any better than any other foreign tourists. All foreign tourists no matter which country they come from or which language they speak should be treated equally as a customer.

oh bhai, I'm an Internet Marketer and Psychologist to an extent.
Kuch naya bechne se pehley logon ko thora dana dala jaata hai.
Samajh jaya karo. Aisey bhi nhi hai apni awam ke sab kuch free deti rahegi. Abhi to bas aoni 10 saal baad ki planning kar rahey hai.

Pakistan is not the place for white females to travel alone. This should not be encouraged.

To be frank, no place is. We just had a case in New Zealand of a British backpacker raped and murdered.

This might be a personal case, but I have Ugandan and Malaysian friends who have been to Pakistan and said the hospitality was amazing. My own in laws (arabs) would look Pashtun in shalwar kameez and as such recieved no special treatment but as soon as they said they were from abroad peoples behavior would change. Yes Pakistanis have a gora complex but hospitality is rooted in the culture and I dont think we should undermine these acts of generosity so easily just because most vloggers so far have been white. That is something special about Pakistan and god knows we can use whatever soft power we can possibly generate, after decades of mud-slinging in the media.

Pakistan Tourism Summit shares video of Alex Reynolds expressing views on Pakistan
By Entertainment Desk
Published: April 16, 2019
1SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1951912-alexx-1555402815-928-640x480.jpg

Yesterday, news arose that American travel blogger Alex Reynolds was ‘silenced’ at the recently held Pakistan Tourism Summit (PTS). Apparently, she wasn’t able to present at the summit as organisers believed her views were too critical.

However, the official Facebook handle of PTS has now shared videos of all the speakers at the event and one of the videos includes Alex’s presentation too. Alex, who runs the blog Lost With Purpose, can clearly be seen showcasing her presentation. Their caption read, “Alex Reynolds, Lost With Purpose – American Travel Blogger shares her experiences and thoughts about Pakistan at Pakistan Tourism Summit.”

Unsurprisingly, countless followers were very puzzled after this video was posted. They took to the comments section to express their confusion. “Listen to what she said in the other video and what actually happened in the summit,” wrote one user.

al-1555402951.jpg

Another wrote, “I’m confused. She said in a video on her blog that her speech was heavily censored and she couldn’t highlight her true experience travelling in Pakistan, but here she is, enlisting the exact points she mentioned in her vlog. Furthermore, she complained that she wasn’t allowed to express her points. I guess she wasn’t “sponsored” like the other bloggers so she felt the need to bash Pakistani tourism in a separate video.”

Some even suggested that the organisers take action, “Alex Reynolds, Lost With Purpose has shared a viral video on her blog that she was stopped from speaking at the summit because of her different views than other vloggers. And here I see that she is on the stage expressing herself. #PTS organisers must take action and sue for misinformation.”

American travel blogger ‘silenced’ at Pakistan Tourism Summit for being too critical

Nonetheless, there were others that began speculating whether Alex was really allowed to present, suggesting that the video shared by PTS of her presentation isn’t actually during the summit. “Look at Eva’s (Polish Travel Vlogger Eva zu Beck) video of her speech and compare with this one, it’s obvious both were done at different venues. Even at the start of this video you can hear the lady say “the last person to give a speech today” which means she gave the speech when everyone left.”

ale-1555403002.jpg

Another added, “She was not allowed to speak while IK (Prime Minister Imran Khan) was there. You can see the front row seats are empty. How demoralising is it for the speaker to only be allowed to speak when the VIPs have left.”

The actual content of her presentation garnered mixed reviews too. “Level headed talk. Raised valid and realistic issues,” stated one follower while another wrote, “I find her irritating, selfish and arrogant. She was invited to come and promote the country not to give her warped scholarly opinion on how to solve the problems of tourism in a country that in reals terms does not have international tourism at present and has only recently come out of a war on terrorism. She is mistaken if she thinks Pakistan has a really cool image at present and foreigners would be misled with all the fancy online content, no one is that naive.”

Untitled.jpg

PHOTO: FACEBOOK/ PAKISTAN TOURISM SUMMIT

Furthermore, pictures and videos of Alex meeting and conversing with the PM have arisen. Due to this, many have questioned the travel blogger’s credibility.

Watch Alex’s previous video here:

Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below.

why he is wearing a iron less dress in front of international media . seem like he just woke up from the sleeps.

Honestly, what Pakistan needs is regional integration. Pakistan cannot be an outlier! It is part of the same region. Pakistan needs tourism from its near abroad and connectivity, trade and exchange of students. The regional advanced economies are in Mideast ... so figure out how trade and people to people contact canbe increased. Likewise, Pakistan's back water is Afghanistan and Central Asian countries that are land locked, resource rich and Pakistan shares a lot of history with them. Same goes with India but there you can pick and choose ... like selectively allowing only Sikhs and Hindus for religious pilgrimages or guided tours. Pakistan will have to integrate more with its region before it can or should expand to cater western or eastern tourism. Which again should be niche based only cause trust me you won't like what you'd see.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom