What's new

Why is travel media dangerous for Pakistan tourism!?

100% agreed, the same people who are ready to part with thousands of Rs for their gora guests, won't pay a dime to hungry guy in their street or student who needs to pay his tuition ... shameless idiots

Always felt the same, I often see a large number of pakistani flattering comments under videos of the gora looking tourists in pakistan on youtube, it sound so pathetic and inferiority-ridden.
I once wrote in comments of one of those videos that a large number of pakistanis are perhaps the only people in the world who love everyone except their own kind, they would be showering their generosity, praises and hospitality to foreigners but show no such sentiments towards their own kind in their own neighborhoods, streets, or even blood relatives.

Let the tourists start coming back. People aren’t stupid. Nothing is free in this world.

We have to project the soft side of Pakistan. There is also no doubt that Pakistanis are generous and very hospitable.

Most of the time only to the foreigners particularly the goras but not to their own kind.

Last edited:
I just want the tourists to spend money thats all just like how the Turks,Chinese, Thais and other Asians countries do it we need to start charging the tourists we can be hospitble but it wont be free

Same with overseas Pakistanis who think Pakistan is just a dumping ground as well too many of them like @Azadkashmir are mistreated but even then they can be posh a...sholes too

posh assoles wtf u on bout the real posh asoles are in pakistan with thier jelaousy puting us down for being poorer than they are.

This lady is obviously not white.

The reason why she is behaving this way is because she was probably expecting a spectacular welcome and freebies like other foreign tourists get. She probably didn’t get it because of her looks.

She has a point though. We shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves. White, black or any color shouldn’t matter. We should treat everyone equally. We have a lot to learn yet.

How can you give us a bloody nose in tourism since you don't dare to publish any statistics regarding number of tourist arriving in Pakistan

Obviously, since quite a few Indians fleece foreign tourists and most of you guys shower them with free gifts. :agree:

You rape half the planet. Tourism rape is very popular in India.

You got nothing to brag about.

She has some valid points. Travelers should be restricted to the major cities in my opinion. There is still a lot of spy v spy posturing going on Baluchistan, FATA, and KP. No need to hurt security and the travel experience by letting these folks roam unrestricted everywhere.

The truth is that we cannot let tourists roam around everywhere. There should be tourist zones and that is it.

Also Pakistan is not Thailand or Bali. We have our own culture. We don’t flirt and neither do we rape Western tourists. We don’t sell our women to outsiders. If Western male tourists have other expectations they should go to India or Thailand. There are plenty of places where they can let their fantasies go wild. Pakistan won’t change its culture or customs to accommodate other people. We are who we are. Like it or don’t come here.

The locals are not used to foreign tourists. Pakistan got a lot of bad coverage over the years and now we are seeing that quite a few vloggers are traveling in Pakistan. This is a new and sudden development. It will take time to adjust.

posh assoles wtf u on bout the real posh asoles are in pakistan with thier jelaousy puting us down for being poorer than they are.

True but you got both ways as well some Brit Paks think Pakistan is their way of starting a drug mule bussiness which is wrong

Do we need foreigners to tell us.

Hell i moved back 5 years ago and i love Pakistan. We know whats needed but we need government to act on it

Where did you move back from again

Also Pakistan is not Thailand or Bali. We have our own culture. We don’t flirt and neither do we rape Western tourists. We don’t sell our women to outsiders. If Western male tourists have other expectations they should go to India or Thailand. There are plenty of places where they can let their fantasies go wild. Pakistan won’t change its culture or customs to accommodate other.............

That is the thing. Look everyone visits subsaharan african countries as tourists, but why do they go there, just to watch wild life live on the savana of subsaharan africa, no one goes there to watch culture, civilization or hospitality of subsaharan africans. I am hundred percent sure that even some racist white supremacists who otherwise hate africans also visit those african countries just to have savana safari experience. You might know many euro-americans like animals more than some human beings. Wild life is a precious asset that subsahara african countries have and no one can take it from them.

Pakistan should also develop this kind of approach for tourism, the tourism should be centered around some theme which government of paksitan thinks is marketable and will attract interested tourists. We shouldn't expect the whole world to visit us, only those tourists will visit pakistan who would be passionate to visit some specific place/event/activity/festival in pakistan irrespective of money they would spend or irrespective of hardships they would face, that is part of tourism. Only thing that government of paksitan must guarantee to tourists is their safety.

Last edited:
Vaguely I had been thinking about these points. But then I thought every country has issues. She has raised some critical points. And we must listen as we are trying to improve our perception, we need to be extra careful. A single incident, even trivial, could push all the effort back.

I think the government summit did not invite her as it wanted to promote positivity. But then why did it not invite local influencers and vloggers who have been the catalyst for initiating this travel campaign, is beyond my understanding.

Last edited:

She has some VERY VERY valid points! Appreciate that.

Despite claims both for and against visiting the country, and despite all the periodic claims of increasing tourism by projecting a good soft image, the proof remains in the numbers of tourists actually coming to the country, compared to its potential and to its competitors vying for the same tourist dollars.

Some very solid points.

The government should provide proper guidelines to anyone coming here about our cultural and religious norms.

Tourism has it's drawbacks, especially social... it can change people's behavior and outlook. That being said Pakistan needs to find it niche... what kind of tourism will work and how to promote it. People travel for all sorts of reasons... primarily for religion and then history/heritage further down the list you can find ecotourism, festivals, food, sport, culture and shopping etc. Once these things are identified then they can promoted in their particular forums. Now about historical sites one can forgive British for not keeping up the heritage of locals but I don't understand why after they'd left did these places languish? Living nations have living heritage meaning they not only maintain but modernize it along the way. Secondly, an open ended tourism with strategy will have a very negative impact because it will start nurturing businesses catering specific to the needs of tourists which will promote all the vices Pakistan can ill afford. As it will bring in gambling, prostitution and drugs and cheap i might add.

I agree with the gora complex 100000% ... our nation is mentally slave and we have a severe gora complex...

Speak for yourself, I've seen indians getting treated better than your goras in Pakistan.
Let's not project your personal insecurities on to the entire nation mate.

Back
Top Bottom