What's new

Why is Nawaz Sharif bending over to Indians?

The last peace initiative from Vajpayee ended in kargil, hope Nawaz has learn his lesson and taken PA on board.

These are CBMs which are sometimes unilateral, but usually the giving side waits for some reciprocation of some kind before moving to another level. We may not need visa but businessmen do, I support visa free travel ( or at least visa on arrival) for businessmen.

Siachen requires more than unilateral withdrawl, both side needs to sit down and discuss the issue. We dont want another kargil in siachen.

Nawaz is not in power and the abolition is just a suggestion-thats all he can do- he cannot take the decisions, Pakistan's MFN status to India is still in limbo not yet implemented while India has already done so long back, the Siachen pull back - again is just a proposal - so what exactly did Pakistan give India?

India can give you lots of similar suggestions if that's all that you want.

Nawaz holds a lot of investments in India via proxies and nominations. Much of his business partners in KSA are Indians. Hence he is bending over for his own benefits nothing else. I speak this with authority as his factory in Jeddah is our customer for various engineering products.

you nailed it

after all he is the leader of his Business league party and its always business, nothing personal
his comments might earn him a Nobel prize but just see how he has dealt with his political partners and how he betrayed them regarding election boycott and CJ movement.

apart from appearing more reasonable internationally there is a domestic reason too. the Business league has now styled itself as an anti establishment party (by this in Pakistan it means anti military) although it took birth and was nurtured in the lap of the same establishment. Like any other typical Pakistani politics, this stance is not moral or principle based but to provoke & offend. As if saying whatever your concerns and worries and whatever your sacrifices, they mean sod all, I will say what I am saying because it will hurt you for right or wrong reasons and that’s my intention and if I get hailed and praised by the West and the Indians then that’s a profit and that’s pretty much the philosophy of my business league.

Cool down gents.

It was just on the occassion of Aman Ki asha program, some Indian businessmen came to him, and just to make them feel warm and do some nice talk, he said this.

Although he should not have said the word unilaterally.

We don't see any responsible person and you see everyone retarded then why to make a fuss about Siachin? Retarded people never care of their soldiers. :azn:

We are not going to demilitarize Siachin and "Survival of the fittest" would win war. :wave:

Ummeed lagaye raho, we can hold Siachen till the end of time. It will cost us in lives, which our soldiers are already prepared to give.

Retarded people never care of their soldiers. :azn:

We are the ones who are pushing to save lives of the soldiers - mutually. You are the ones willing to let your soldiers die. Your soldiers die just as much as ours - you are just thinking you have plenty in spare so you'll win out. Itne bhi nahi marte, but in Pakistan even one soldiers' life is worth considering if done mutually.

Yehi masla hai, Indians ke saath sharafat se baat karo toh phannay khan ban jatay hain. You know what they say about the proverbial Laaton ke bhoot.

I would love to know the rationale of repeatedly weakening your bargaining position by saying we should unilaterally award Visa-free entry to Indians and unilaterally pullback forces from Siachen?

People said he has learned politics but hes still the same. Spies would come in by Visa free entries and of course pullback to where? K2?

NS is playing to the international power brokers to be seen as the "right" choice for "support" in the coming elections, that is all.

NS likes to get 'rogered' by everyone, AZ, indians, americans......just stand in line.

My my, what quality insight! To be honest, I am surprised at the low quality of this comment. Sad.

What are you doing with Siachen?
It will be a concession if you guys were giving us something without getting anything back. We are giving you a concession, I am asking why?
The difference between unilaterally and bilaterally seems to be going over Indians' heads.
With Siachen we do not want another Kargil to happen.
Siachen is not a matter of you go and I'll go its about what happens next. Can you trust your own leadership will not involve in any misadventure? Even if you say yes, we have had bad experiences.

Actually, we care more for our Soldiers lives too, we actually have provided more than what Pakistan has, because we can buy more stuff. Also, it will be very costly for India to set up a new line of defence which will require more equipment and forces to counter any mis-adventure you guys might be interested in. So Siachen goes out of the window.

See regarding the unilateral response, why should India given any concession even if Pakistan wants to give some? India or Indians surely do not want to be with a country which uses Terrorism as an instrument of foreign policy, why do you think India will give you anything unilaterally or bilaterally? Still India has done somethings like granting MFN to Pakistan long back, offering to provide assistance when you guys have faced natural disasters.

IF and I stress here 'if' you guys want peace with India, certainly Pakistan has to be more proactive than India, while both will reap the benefits but Pakistan will be in a much better position to benefits which come with peace.

I think visa-free entry is a load of crap, India will certainly never agree due to above reasons..

How stupid can Pakistani's be the answer is its beyond stupid.
They vote for corrupt people and expect goodness.
They wanna fight India while they do not have any funds to generate electricity.
They wanna fight USA while getting generous aid and donations.

ONLY TRUTH CAN SET YOU FREE

Hmmm? Over-reaction?

Not really, given how "rogered" has been used in the context, but perhaps only to be expected when Admin advocates physically slapping diplomatic personnel, why should the Chairman of the TTs not use coarse sexual terms to describe a domestic politician.

After all, it is the seniors who determine the tone of the entire forum.

Not really, given how "rogered" has been used in the context.

Nawaz Sharif deserves worse. Would it be better if we used the desi "Yeh Haramkhor apni maan ko bech ke ajatay hain matlab ke liay?". Seriously I heard that on Express News talk show.

To continue the desiness... Pakistan bohot 'advance' hogaya hai.

Not really, given how "rogered" has been used in the context, but perhaps only to be expected when Admin advocates physically slapping diplomatic personnel, why should the Chairman of the TTs not use coarse sexual terms to describe a domestic politician.

After all, it is the seniors who determine the tone of the entire forum.

We are fed up and fighting back, in whatever meager ways possible. There is a kahavat - "Gala daba ke kehtay ho, uff kyun karte ho?" Drones are taking lives of little children, chapair-o-chapair is the least we could do.

That may be true too, but this forum should be better at the quality of its discourse. Or at least I think so, but you are Admin, not me.

Quite frankly this digression is more hurtful to quality. You made a personal remark, not me.

Guys Imran Khan said, he will give first priority for Indo-Pak good relations whenever he became PM.

Now, NS is bad, Sardari is bad, Gilani is bad. And Imran is also bad since he wants peace with India.

Who else will lead your country?

Back
Top Bottom