What's new

Why is Nawaz Sharif bending over to Indians?

So to get better relations with India, hand them over K-2? Indians itne bhi achay nahi hain.

Hand over K2? Huh? For what? What are we going to do with that mountain anyway? Set up lodges there and earn revenue from a handful of mountain climbers?

All I'm trying to say is, it's still too early for us to be making concessions for u guys. You have just started taking the baby steps, but there is still 6 decades of hatred and distrust on both ends. So don't expect us to hand over anything to you easy, especially when we don't exactly consider u as friends and you have given us no reason to trust you yet. We have our own demands which you have also not met yet, and it doesn't look like you are doing anything about it either.

We should start working on smaller issues first such as trade and the handing over of wanted people before discussing bigger ones such as Siachen.

Hand over K2? Huh? For what? What are we going to do with that mountain anyway? Set up lodges there and earn revenue from a handful of mountain climbers?
What are you doing with Siachen?

All I'm trying to say is, it's still too early for us to be making concessions for u guys.
It will be a concession if you guys were giving us something without getting anything back. We are giving you a concession, I am asking why?

The difference between unilaterally and bilaterally seems to be going over Indians' heads.

NS likes to get 'rogered' by everyone, AZ, indians, americans......just stand in line.

Therein in lies the truth. Tamghay laganay hain unho ne.

What are you doing with Siachen?

It will be a concession if you guys were giving us something without getting anything back. We are giving you a concession, I am asking why?

The difference between unilaterally and bilaterally seems to be going over Indians' heads.

Therein in lies the truth. Tamghay laganay hain unho ne.

Yes mate, I know exactly what it is either, don't need to get so defensive. It is you guys making the concessions and you are wondering why you should be doing so when we are not doing likewise. That's exactly what I was answering as well. That if you choose to make concessions, that's your right to do so. It does not mean we need to reciprocate. You are making all those concessions expecting something in return. Whether we decide to reciprocate or no, we certainly do NOT need to be doing so.

Fine, tell us what Pakistan is bringing to the table. Asking India to do something while you cannot offer anything in return is definitely a no go.

Give us visa-free entry and we'll give you visa-free entry.

Pullback from Siachen and we'll pullback from Siachen.

Err, we don't really care for visa-free entry into Pakistan. Move on.

How about giving us something more useful, like sending back all those wanted people hiding out in Pakistan back to India? Now that would be a real start!

am not pro Nawaz shariff but to be honest never seen him bending over to indians or wht eva...:O

BTW who the hell in Pakistan want visa free entry for india? (except few idiots)

noone wants to be burnt by hindu extremists like thakray, modi or RSS, shivsena.

am not pro Nawaz shariff but to be honest never seen him bending over to indians or wht eva...:O

BTW who the hell in Pakistan want visa free entry for india? (except few idiots)

noone wants to be burnt by hindu extremists like thakray, modi or RSS, shivsena.

Likewise no Indian is really interested in hanging out in Karachi or Lahore. This whole visa-free issue is plain BS. Real issues are out there waiting to be tackled and those are being avoided.

Err, we don't really care for visa-free entry into Pakistan. Move on.

How about giving us something more useful, like sending back all those wanted people hiding out in Pakistan back to India? Now that would be a real start!

Oh yes ! and Pakistanis would enjoy sight seeing like people defecating on the streets in india

There are two main reasons for Nawaz Sharif's soft stance on India.

Firstly, I think its happening not because Nawaz Sharif has some hidden love for India but he realizes that Pakistan is getting isolated in the world scene and does not need more enemies.

Secondly, and most importantly, Nawaz Sharif has realized that keeping hostile relations between India and Pakistan is hurting Pakistan a lot more than hurting India. Pakistan has one of the largest standing armies since its inception to protect itself from its imagined "invasion" of India. For example, Indian economy is 8 times the Pakistani economy, but Pakistan maintains an army of 700,000 compared to India's 1.1 million. Similarly, it hurts the Pakistani establishment many times more than the Indian establishment to maintain army positions in Siachen, because our economy is 8 times bigger. If maintaining positions in Siachen takes 1 Billion dollars, each Indian is only paying 1 dollar from his pocket, while each Pakistani is paying 5 dollars out of his pocket. The effects of not trading in higher volumes is hurting Pakistan a lot more than hurting India.

Personally, I am neither a supporter of free visa regime between Indo-Pak or pull-back from Siachen, but we will see how things play out in the future.

P.S. You are not even in Siachen. Pakistan pulling back from Siachen is exactly like saying the Indian Army should pull back from Lahore/Karachi.

Who is the responsible person to talk that has power to exercise decisions?

PM of pak? President of pak? ISI chief? COAS? :azn:

i don't think it will happen

the sad situation of UPA govt is not the only reason but also trust deficit between two nations

this mistrust between a Regional Power and a Regional Superpower will last for at least decade

It's obvious that NS is on RAW's payroll. He knows we're at war against the US and RAW sponsored terrorists, he wants to also open up the borders to more RAW agents so India can break up Pakistan, then invade it. It's all part of the US's Af- PAK doctrine after which they will summon Dajjal by sacrificing Zardari. Common sense, really.

On a serious note, it's probably because of all the hidden businesses he has in India

Back
Top Bottom