What's new

Why India started to build Blue Water Navy

As economy is growing so the threats.. 1.5 trillion dollar should cross 2.5 tril at the end of this decade.. So it is quite justified to hv 4 cbgs to secure our shores and waters from any kind of threat.. So Chill..

chill???:hitwall:.....when the number of poor in my country are remaing the same???
sorry i cant find sense in any such justification.:tdown:

Another interesting reports on what happend back then and the following part is quiet interesting as well:

http://www./NAVY/History/1971War/9-Cold-War.html

P.S. the forum seems to delete BR (full form) out of the link, so add it between http://www. and /NAVY.

Just when I thought the Russians are shagging us....history shows their willingness to help India...

actually we need atleast 4 carriers. see two should be on active duty and the other two should be on port. when the other two comes for maintenence these two can take thier place, this way we would have two active cbg 365 X 24 X 7.

3 ACs are enough. One for each coast and another one for patrol. We already have a fixed AC in the shape of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Aircrafts deployed in these islands can keep an eye on Malacca Sts. Our sphere of influence is limited to Indian Ocean & Bay of Bengal.

Just when I thought the Russians are shagging us....history shows their willingness to help India...

That were the Soviets and world was a different place back in 1971. Russians are now bigger capitalists than Americans. Pls don't count on Russians now to help us the same way that they did back in 1971.

The presence of the 7th Fleet in the Bay of Bengal & defeat in 62 are two events that have impacted the Indian psyche in a positive manner.

Pokhran 1 took place three years thereafter, we have not looked back ever since.

Point made about developing nations having the means to secure their interests in a post above is valid.

The IN & IAF are the two arms that ensure the nations reach and influence extends way beyond its demarcated borders.

The presence of the 7th Fleet in the Bay of Bengal & defeat in 62 are two events that have impacted the Indian psyche in a positive manner.

Pokhran 1 took place three years thereafter, we have not looked back ever since.

Point made about developing nations having the means to secure their interests in a post above is valid.

The IN & IAF are the two arms that ensure the nations reach and influence extends way beyond its demarcated borders.

India is developing closer relationship with the US. This is a good strategic move. The best way to avoid a situation like 1971 is by good diplomacy, not military build up. I'm not saying that India should not build up its military. But this alone would not prevent a repeat of 1971.

India is developing closer relationship with the US. This is a good strategic move. The best way to avoid a situation like 1971 is by good diplomacy, not military build up. I'm not saying that India should not build up its military. But this alone would not prevent a repeat of 1971.

What happened in 1971 that India should be concerned ?

How can one trust the U.S in terms of military relationships ?

Whatever. US could not do anything worth mentioning in 71. If anyone is concerned of what happened in 71 it is Pakistan.

I was just responding to his posting. I guess you disagree with post #36

How can one trust the U.S in terms of military relationships ?

Many countries do, like Israel, Japan, Germany, Australia and Britain. Very close military relationships. The countries I named are some of the most advance countries on earth that many Indians like you would move there in a heart beat if you have an opportunity to do so.

i guess it taught india that untill you have a strong military and economy the world wont give two hoot about you !!!

That and also good international relation with others. Of course India need to build up a strong military and economy. But it also need to conduct itself within the reality of the existing geopolitical situation. It need to choose between the US and Russia/Chinese side. I hope India choose wisely.

Back
Top Bottom