What's new

Why india has to ally with US

If you saw the thread, you would know this article is wrong.

There was no official statement at all from the Chinese Government. Just baseless speculation.

ahh - we all know if it ain't official then it there for china :) . well India govt offically said that china has 10,000 soldiers in Azad Kashmir

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Asia Times Online is an unreliable source.

Here's another answer for you:

Pakistan, China ink $30 billion accords

At the end of the day, Pakistan has to look after itself. No one else will. Pakistan realizes that perfectly well. China has always been a great ally, & will continue to be so.

congrats on your MOU's - get back on topic.

For your information, the security situation in the Gwadar district is very safe, as compared to the Quetta, Khuzdar & Mastung districts in Balochistan. There were an overall 20 attacks in Gwadar district in all of 2010, 16 people died & 30 injured. I don't think safety was the issue.

Bilal, there is no point. Indians want to ruin themselves, and we have no say in this. We Pakistanis take no joy in them, crippling themselves either. Let India align with the evil empire, and they will regret it in the future on their own. The Indians on this forum don't represent the entire population of India.

Here is an example.

Last edited by a moderator:
then why ally if not for china? the original thread I posted showed the only reason to do so because its impossible for India to handle china's asian aspirations on it own. if india is to have an identity in the region worth anything and not get bullied ....

We can ally when our interests converge on a wide range of subjects --ranging from terrorism , to global politics , to maritime security.

Let me give a couple of examples --

A full blown military alliance with the U.S will force us to divert our resources and military capability to many fonts , and considering our focus on our economic growth , it will divert resources from our much needed development work . The U.S on account of its strategic influence in areas as far reaching as Japan , Phillipines , Taiwan , Australia etc will be involved in a confrontation over China in any of these conflicts if they were to arise.

The question is should India let her assets be used to carry out operations even in far off places where we have no interests. Say if a conflict breaks out over Taiwan , is India a close ally of the Taiwanese to engage in War on their behalf ?

In a military alliance , the U.S will make sure we do.

Indian military strength should be preserved for the defence of Indian territory . And it is able to fulfill that role for now sufficiently.

We can only think of joining hands with the U.S , when our strategic reach and power projection capabilities are strong enough to cover our regions of interest ( aka the Indian Ocean Region) . This may happen beyond 2020 .

As of now a full blown military alliance where we remain as a considerably weaker partner vis-a-vis the U.S , and therefore will be at the U.S 's beck and call , is in my humble opinion, a big mistake.

Asia Times Online is an unreliable source.

Here's another answer for you:

Pakistan, China ink $30 billion accords

At the end of the day, Pakistan has to look after itself. No one else well. Pakistan realizes that perfectly well. China has always been a great ally, & will continue to be so.

You should hear what Najam Sethi has to say about the deal

Truth of Pakistan China Relationship-3.flv - YouTube

Truth of Pakistan China Relationship-1.flv - YouTube

Truth of Pakistan China Relationship-2.flv - YouTube

Can you explain how Pakistanis elected Benazir after her death ? Innocent you !

Yes i can explain it.

Actually people gave votes to PPP thinking that president will be benazir bhutto but she was killed, people casted sympathy votes to PPP thinking that they will make pakistan better and fulfill their promise "roti kapra makan" but than zardari came into politics which anyone was not expecting.

Unfortunate Pakistanis. :frown:

In India people did not stop voting for BJP after AB Vajpayee stopped being at the helm. Look at the voting percentage, it is a +/- 2%.

If you look at the swing in votes towards the congress in 91, there was a a marginal increase and Congress had to run under a coalition. It was not a story of sympathy votes to give 2/3rd majority or something.

I am quite sure Congress would have lost that election had Rajiv Gandhi been alive.Look at his tenure,scandals after scandals and scams after scams.I will not go into accusations,but the opposition had a very string case built up against the PM candidate of Congress.Those lines still ring in my ears,"Gali gali mein shor hai,Rajiv Gandhi chor hai" - something that had to do with the Bofors scam.
But,everything changed upside down and overnight due to his assassination.It sent ripples through out the country.People started seeing him as a hero,who was killed at the hands of extremists from outside.We just cannot deny that this sympathy was not used by the Congress to bend the vote count in their favour.

Bilal, there is no point. Indians want to ruin themselves, and we have no say in this. We Pakistanis take no joy in them, crippling themselves either. Let India align with the evil empire, and they will regret it in the future on their own. The Indians on this forum don't represent the entire population of India.

did you just call the country you live off an evil empire? wait - that must be the freedom to dissent part bilal taught ya :)

If you saw the thread, you would know this article is wrong.

There was no official statement at all from the Chinese Government. Just baseless speculation.

:) Are you sure, only smoke and no fire? The Pakistani seems to think otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i can explain it.

Actually people gave votes to PPP thinking that president will be benazir bhutto but she was killed, people casted sympathy votes to PPP thinking that they will make pakistan better and fulfill their promise "roti kapra makan" but than zardari came into politics which anyone was not expecting.

Unfortunate Pakistanis. :frown:

Its understandable if you say people voted PPP out of sympathy for Benazir.But please don't say people were hoodwinked into believing that Benazir will be PM,while Zardari took the seat.Benazir died during Election campaign,voting happened after that.

I am quite sure Congress would have lost that election had Rajiv Gandhi been alive.Look at his tenure,scandals after scandals and scams after scams.I will not go into accusations,but the opposition had a very string case built up against the PM candidate of Congress.Those lines still ring in my ears,"Gali gali mein shor hai,Rajiv Gandhi chor hai" - something that had to do with the Bofors scam.
But,everything changed upside down and overnight due to his assassination.It sent ripples through out the country.People started seeing him as a hero,who was killed at the hands of extremists from outside.We just cannot deny that this sympathy was not used by the Congress to bend the vote count in their favour.

I am glad congress came to power in 1991 and Manmohan Singh was our finance minister.

The US knows India is nowhere near China according to any world indicator, but wants to prop it up, to act as a nuisance factor for China. The US wants India to be a thorn in China's side

There is a tussle within India between the pragmatists who want to steer a peaceful path to India's rise, and the jingoists who want validation and affirmation of India's power through global adventures.

The US is courting the latter and counting on them doing its bidding, albeit unwittingly.

well it was meant for Pakistanis.

I see that Najam Sethi video posted here all the time, but there are never any translations or subtitles.

I guess this is the sneaky way of trying to bash the China-Pakistan friendship, in a way so that the Chinese have no clue what is going on. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom