What's new

Why india has to ally with US

I second Aryan..... Isn't it possible for India to co-exist with China peacefully and vice versa? Why is there confrontation looming in all options? Ozzes don't share boarder with china, they have pretty different strategy when it comes to China.

china will accept to live peacefully with India only when India is in strong position.

the means to achieve this>

1. strengthening IA,IN,IAF and SBMF force.

2. increasing India's economic power.

3. close ties with major economic and military powers on global level.

if we have to achieve this objectives we must increase relations with the sole superpower and its allies and yet maintain relations with current allies.

when India will have vastly powerful armed forces, major powers as its allies and enormous economic weight we will definitely see change in stance of china on AP and ***.

Dumbest post ever. Please when I don't know about India, I don't go and spout propaganda. I advise you to do the same. You've made yourself look like a fool in many people's eyes.

No need to bring Pakistan into this. Align yourself with Imperialist powers and find yourself in a lose-lose situation.

look just because you have a failed democracy whose politicians are nothing but mere puppets of the military do not get mad at me for it instead try to actually give power to the central government not the military if you really want your people to get a voice vest majority of the power in the legislative branch if my post is dumb are you denying the Pakistani military has not put down the constitution in the past? i bet your generals take copies of the Pakistani constitution and use it as toilet paper because thats how they are treating this goes all the way back to Ayub Khan and don't make yourself a fool on here by denying this

Can you explain how Pakistanis elected Benazir after her death ? Innocent you !

We had done something similar on the line here in India actually.After Rajiv Gandhi's assassination,we elected Narshimha Rao,but the voting was mainly towards Congress due to the sentiments towards Rajiv Gandhi.

One of the very first opening arguments of the article is wrong (I've underlined it in the quote):

The US knows India is nowhere near China according to any world indicator, but wants to prop it up, to act as a nuisance factor for China. The US wants India to be a thorn in China's side, but if India is able to hold its own against China, it won't be needing the US much longer. That goes against US's interests, & it won't accept that. If India becomes the economic powerhouse China is becoming (or has become today), & displaces the US, China will cease to become the "enemy", & will be replaced by India in the eyes of the US.

We dont want a relationship of centuries with US. If our interests converge for a long time, we are OK with that. As long as India's interets are served, we are in a win win relationship.

China should get due credit for acting responsibly if the above is indeed the case. However, does it really change the context of this discussion. Pakistan is moving from pillar to pillar desperately to square with India. And it is surprising to see Pakistanis taking the high moral ground in telling us what to do and what not to do. My advice to them : take a walk

It is just pragmatism.

If China started setting up military bases in Pakistan (with the blessing of the unpopular Zardari government)... then we would be dooming ourselves to being seen as another America by the Pakistani people.

Which would be a catastrophic blow to the Chinese government's long-term strategy in the region.

Woof!!!The thread has gone to the dogs.Time to break out the GDP champagne and IMF loan hors d'oeuvre.Save yourselves while you can!!!

One of the very first opening arguments of the article is wrong (I've underlined it in the quote):

The US knows India is nowhere near China according to any world indicator, but wants to prop it up, to act as a nuisance factor for China. The US wants India to be a thorn in China's side, but if India is able to hold its own against China, it won't be needing the US much longer. That goes against US's interests, & it won't accept that. If India becomes the economic powerhouse China is becoming (or has become today), & displaces the US, China will cease to become the "enemy", & will be replaced by India in the eyes of the US.

No more of thorn than China uses Pakistan to be India’s. what the US wants is to see that the region is not given up to China. this is beyond local issue in the area and more of a regional issue . What US wants is also what India and several countries want in that region.

I'll wait for your next( attempt# 30) US bad bad will attack India one day mantra again and again... i never figured you get so upset about Indo_Us relationship. Kinda puts a smile on my face in a way…

The Pakistani government has already asked us to build a naval base at Gwadar Port.

However, China declined that invitation. The CPC knew that it would only alienate the Pakistani people, since nothing is more aggravating than foreign powers setting up bases in your country.

The current Pakistani government may be on its way out soon. It's better to build a strong relationship with the Pakistani people rather than the Zardari government.

Really?

1. Abandoning Mining contracts worth $19 Billion Pact;A Deal's Collapse Clouds Pakistan's China Alliance - WSJ.com
2. China Seeking military bases in Pakistan Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

You declined because of the secruity situation in that area , just like that 19 billion dollar projected got yanked by the chinese govt. Your aspirations to not do so- is not as noble as you stated...

For your information, the security situation in the Gwadar district is very safe, as compared to the Quetta, Khuzdar & Mastung districts in Balochistan. There were an overall 20 attacks in Gwadar district in all of 2010, 16 people died & about 30 injured. I don't think safety was the issue.

We had done something similar on the line here in India actually.After Rajiv Gandhi's assassination,we elected Narshimha Rao,but the voting was mainly towards Congress due to the sentiments towards Rajiv Gandhi.

In India people did not stop voting for BJP after AB Vajpayee stopped being at the helm. Look at the voting percentage, it is a +/- 2%.

If you look at the swing in votes towards the congress in 91, there was a a marginal increase and Congress had to run under a coalition. It was not a story of sympathy votes to give 2/3rd majority or something.

China should get due credit for acting responsibly if the above is indeed the case. However, does it really change the context of this discussion. Pakistan is moving from pillar to pillar desperately to square with India. And it is surprising to see Pakistanis taking the high moral ground in telling us what to do and what not to do. My advice to them : take a walk

it is not true. in P.o.k they are 10,000 soldiers strong, so they ain't about shying way . They refused gawdar because of secruity issues. their pvt companies also dropped projects down south because of same issues ( 19 billion dollar project)

For your information, the security situation in the Gwadar district is very safe, as compared to the Quetta, Khuzdar & Mastung districts in Balochistan. There were an overall 20 attacks in Gwadar district in all of 2010, 16 people died & about 30 injured. I don't think safety was the issue.

and what roads lead to gawdar btw? explain that to the chinese and their companies who wont go near it ...

Bl[i]tZ;2225730 said:
Really?

1. Abandoning Mining contracts worth $19 Billion Pact;A Deal's Collapse Clouds Pakistan's China Alliance - WSJ.com
2. China Seeking military bases in Pakistan Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

Asia Times Online is an unreliable source.

Here's another answer for you:

Pakistan, China ink $30 billion accords

At the end of the day, Pakistan has to look after itself. No one else will. Pakistan realizes that perfectly well. China has always been a great ally, & will continue to be so.

Back
Top Bottom