What's new

Why Imran Khan's removal can lay the foundation for the fragmentation of Pakistan.

Most of the people who are bluffing this aren't from the "troubled" areas or province. I keep trying to tell everyone that ethnonationalism will skyrocket if he gets kicked out.
What I find strange is how ethnonatiuonalism is a dirty word in PDF. The jarring reality is most of Pakistan politics is now clustered around ethnocentric parties. In fact at times the reality is Pakistan is just a geography where differant ethnic groups contest for resources.

Please tell me what exactly is MQM? Please? Here on PDF thread after thread cry about how Karachi is being done in - in that crying there is blatent exceptionalism. That is they are being discriminated and that JUSTIFIES special action to remedy that. In this narrative Pakistan and their ethnic interests merge when the fact is that 'Pakistan' is used as excuse to peddle parochial or ethnic interests.

Then moving on to PPP - we all know it's now just a Sindhi franchise that pretends to talk of Pakistan. PML-N is a Punjab centric party, indeed not even all of Punjab but the Lahore - GT belt.

The country is already divided along ethnic lines if you look at the parties. IK is the only national leader who can connect with KPK and rest of Pakistan.

The fact that he has always voiced his concern about the drone attacks on FATA and the war there, the fact that he is pro Taliban Afghanistan, the fact that his base is KPK, the fact that he even supported the idea of giving Afghans in Pakistan citizenship - all this cuts into the PTM and secessionist impulses within the Pakhtun population.

The fact that he can't speak Pashto or was not brought up in KPK does not remove his leaning to his heritage.

ANP have themselves been involved in insurgencies againt Pak in 70s

The guy who I was replying to said TTP was ethnonationalist in its beginnings. If they were so ethnonationalist why did the actual ethnonationalist support kicking them out 😂

This thread proves what OP was saying, kicking out Imran Khan has the potential to do widespread internal damage

So then where's this energy for religious extremism which killed 70K-80K people in the War on Terror? More people have died due to that than "ethnonationalism"
Both are evil.

Imran Khan and PTI is the only national party in Pakistan. We should all support them and support formation of new national parties.

I hope and pray IK doesn't go anywhere. But that doesn't mean we go back to past. Otherwise we will all suffer

What people don't understand (or maybe they do) is this

18 amendment was made to create kingdom's

The kingdom of sindh, kingdom of Punjab, etc

And the ethnocentric parties PPP, PMLN, JUIF, ANP etc would rule like kings in their own provinces

They don't care about the federation or the center as long as the musical chairs continues and they get to rule every few years and Rob and loot and they turn their when it's the oppositions turn

What they hate is the Military interceding in this agreed upon method of rule and the parties don't really push into any other territory

Then along comes IMRAN KHAN
WHO SAYS PAKISTAN ZINDABAD
Who says I am Pakistani first
Who says stand up for Pakistan
Stand up for Pakistani interests
I don't care about ethnocentric politics

A party for All Pakistan

They let him rule for 4 years but now are worried that if he succeeds it's means the end of them so they all unite to take him down

The Pakistani people are jahils but they can't be allowed to be this stupid, this retarded to allow this group of corrupt rulers to take down our ONLY national party and leader

To those who oppose IK, you are OPPOSING PAKISTAN ITSELF for the sake of worthless corrupt parties and dynasties

This is exactly why people here who are bashing OP are idiots.

REMOVE IK AND THERE IS NO NATIONAL LEADER LEFT....PERIOD

On other hand - Why PM always come from Sindh, Punjab or KP?

The other smaller nations like Muhajirs, Baloch - why they don't have voice over there in Islamabad....? Why not PMship from them?
People mainly from and around GT road dont understand the fault lines outside that region
I lived in Karachi during the early 2010's
It was a city on fire
The fire has only been suppressed not extinguished

It will take once bad incident for return of no go areas and ethnic target killings

After Tito's death in 1980, the road to civil war in Yugoslavia was quick. Economic factors also played a role but without national leadership, people started eyeing those problems through their narrow provincial lenses.

Pakistan is not Bangladesh or South Korea, we are a multi-ethnic country. National leadership is required otherwise ethnic/tribal royalty will eventually supersede loyalty to the country.

Maybe just maybe, the actual tax payer like me in Pakistan knows whats best for us? Let me tell there is no one, our country is hopeless. You expats blow your horns and give yourself way too much importance. Imran khan is nothing special. We dont give a flying f if he goes. Hes the same loser as the rest.
Indian expats send 80 billion dollars
Indian exports are 320 billion dollars
Pakistan expats send 30 billion dollars
Pakistan exports are are 25 billion dollars

Clearly something is wrong here which you cant see viper001

After Tito's death in 1980, the road to civil war in Yugoslavia was quick. Economic factors also played a role but without national leadership, people started eyeing those problems through their narrow provincial lenses.

Pakistan is not Bangladesh or South Korea, we are a multi-ethnic country. National leadership is required otherwise ethnic/tribal royalty will eventually supersede loyalty to the country.
In current environment, i am clear about one thing - we cannot have a pathan leading the country. Imran Khan literally was ready to give nationality to Afghanis until someone from (establishment probably) bitch slapped him. Khan's leaning towards pathans and the AT is toxic. He again did another treachery with his peace doves to TTP late last year which blew back on our collective faces. How thick you can be to make peace with people who have murdered your kids?

This is a damning figure.

It would be I think quite interesting amd give us some pointers to see which groups turn up tomrrow at IK's parade ground jhalsa.
Educated middle upper middle class educated young people who understand the world more and know why patrol is mehanga as opposed to useless langors of Fazlu who dont even know why they are in Islamabad

LOL.

It would be I think quite interesting amd give us some pointers to see which groups turn up tomrrow at IK's parade ground jhalsa.
Destroyed by words.

The answer is simple - our leadership is supremely incompetent be it whatever guy on the top. They all are bunch of losers. Our country is hopeless.

This is a damning figure.
People who think economy means subsidized consumption dont see what is wrong here and with oil projected to touch 200 they dont understand how much in danger we are
Despite living examples like Sri Lanka and Lebanon they want to jump towards that ship

In current environment, i am clear about one thing - we cannot have a pathan leading the country. Imran Khan literally was ready to give nationality to Afghanis until someone from (establishment probably) bitch slapped him. Khan's leaning towards pathans and the AT is toxic. He again did another treachery with his peace doves to TTP late last year which blew back on our collective faces. How thick you can be to make peace with people who have murdered your kids?

Thank You for proving me right about PML-N and its supporters. :-)

Who are you to not "let" any elected Pathan to lead Pakistan ?

Back
Top Bottom