What's new

Why Imran Khan's removal can lay the foundation for the fragmentation of Pakistan.

Okay. Being a ethnic Pathan who is "qoam parast". I have two options.

1. A khan who can't even speak Pashto. Imran Khan.

2. A khan who is not only khan by name but lives in KP, is a true Pathan, speaks Pashto. And have all family here in KP Sindh centuries... Asfandyar wali Khan, aimal wale khan, Fazlu Rehman etc...

Help this qoam parast Pashtoon which option should he pick ??
I feel the situation of Niazis is similar to that of Hindko people? confused people? @jus_chillin
no one accepts them as their own - maybe only two niazis are considered proper imo - Muneer niazi cause he was a Punjabi poet and maybe Attaullah esakhelvi cause he was a legendary folk singer other than that no one accepts these poor guys :lol:

More people have died due to religious extremism than ethnonationalism.

Ethnonationalism is like a boogey man for most Pakistanis, its a feel good punching bag.
Ethnonationalism can damage the very fabric of the nation, religious extremism damages individuals

I guess it's self-perception which you see as worse in the long-term

Of course an (ultra) nationalist will see the former as worse

Most people see religious extremism as a dark spot that will eventually fade out and become a page in the history books, but the country survives.

Ethnonationalism has the potential to leave a permanent mark which damages the integrity of the nation itself, and is unlikely to ever be repaired.

Last edited:
OT but this reminded me of myth associated with a temple locals built which said till this temple stands and indus flowed we shall never perish
temple was destroyed by MBQ but Indus kept on flowing like it always did

Looks like friends, family and donors are afraid of accountability.

I feel the situation of Niazis is similar to that of Hindko people? confused people? @jus_chillin
no one accepts them as their own - maybe only two niazis are considered proper imo - Muneer niazi cause he was a Punjabi poet and maybe Attaullah esakhelvi cause he was a legendary folk singer other than that no one accepts these poor guys :lol:

The discussion about who is Pashtun and who is not Pashtun is followed by brain aneurysms and monkeys screeching. I will not get into that, but there are Niazis in Afghanistan tho.

Hindki areas are interesting, its like 2 places and cultures mixed and blended in.

This is not an exageration but an eventuality that could very well happen. I have come to the conclusion not only because IK is the only national leader we have at the moment and Maryum and Bilalwal are restricted in support within their provinces but there is a history to this in our country.

Lets go back to the election between Fatima Jinnah and Ayub Khan. Fatima Jinnah was perhaps the only politician from West Pakistan having any traction in East Pakistan. Her loss and the subsiquent rigging allegations paved the way for Awami League to exploit the sentiments of Bengali youth at the time and appeal to them that their os no one in West Pakistan capable of looking after their interests.

Fatima Jinnah's loss and the violence there-after also left a deep impact on Karachi politics and that memory was exploited by the likes of MQM 2 decades later.

Now coming back to the present, IKs primary support base is KPK. Pakistan especially KPK is experiencing a youth bulge. If IK is removed, do you see any other politician from Punjab who can connect with the youth there. Maryum has already shown her Punjabi Nationalist tendencies and Bilawal is a lost cause.

PTM might have fizzled out but it is clear that if IK is removed from the scene, those young bloods who are looking for a cause might find someone else who they connect with more on a personal level. Especially if the feeling is that IKs removal is the collusion of powerful interests who keep backing a Regional Punjab-based party despite repeated instigations.

Good thing. KPK and FATA have been a liability ever since. Terrorist hotspots with bomb making factories. I say we give KPK to Afghanistan and deport all pasthuns from rest of Pakistan as well.

There is a niazi MPA Ansar niazi from Sargodha MPA Faisal niazi from Khanewal MNA Abdul majeed niazi from Layyah Lahore main bhi hain
Hence more punjabi than Pukhtun.

Hindustani pathans have a bigger claim on their Pukhtun heritage than Niazis.

Agreed.. And mix achar is the solutions to all that.. strange logic show us some one better then him or atleast not the rotten corrupt garbage? Good Luck your way bigger better pakistan with Fizul ul rehman zardari and TT Sharif no wonder Pakistan will be really going to prosper...

biggest looser will be the boots fanboy... we will see when wolves comes after bajwa and he will have no one left to support him.. As he is the one who is shooting on his own foot.. I am convinced he can't be that stupid.. lets see things are still unfolding.
The people who brought Imran khan, also brought everyone before him. It is about time that PTIans stop taking a higher moral ground and accept the bitter reality. PTI had all the corrupt elements which were earlier part of other political parties and yet PTi claims to be a corruption free party. Amazing !

Again Pakistan, thankfully, is not dependent on one personality be it Gen. Bajwa, Imran khan, Benazir, Raheel Sharif or anyone for that matter. Pakistanis should stop this personality worship and accept that Pakistan or any other country for that matter, survives because of thousands of people and dozens of institutions as a whole.

Yes because its dependent on army for its survival even now half the country is going through a violent insurgency where dozens die every week
It is not just army. Anyone thinking that Imran Khan is necessary for Pakistan's survival is fooling himself only.

Yes because its dependent on army for its survival even now half the country is going through a violent insurgency where dozens die every week
It is not just army. Anyone thinking that Imran Khan is necessary for Pakistan's survival is fooling himself only.

IK’s not that important, people are inflating it way too much. Yes his supporters will be unhappy, but he won’t be kicked out of politics as a result of this, as happened with elected PMs in the past when they were kicked out by dictators and not by the assembly itself.
In past benazir killed her own brothers and launched a brutal operation in Karachi which still has scars for all to see

IK’s not that important, people are inflating it way too much. Yes his supporters will be unhappy, but he won’t be kicked out of politics as a result of this, as happened with elected PMs in the past when they were kicked out by dictators and not by the assembly itself.
Correct. I remember when BB was killed, PP walas were going bonkers that this is end of Pakistan blah blah blah. Same was being said when Nawaz was booted.

Country is held together by the army

60% of your country is going through insurgency

Hence more punjabi than Pukhtun.

Hindustani pathans have a bigger claim on their Pukhtun heritage than Niazis.
No one considers them proper "proper" though except for if you're Niazi dominated areas or did a big service to culture like poet or a singer

Only historically non native clans who are considered proper are probably Kashmiris- that's just my observation I can be wrong
Baloch, Pathan tribes are usually not considered proper unlike kashmiris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom