What's new

Why have we banished our own brethren? Indian Apartheid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that would suggest just under 50% cos that was 2001 census If we say 45% of lets say 1,2 billion. wow that would suggest in the region of 504 million. I am mortified I honestly did not know the extent of the abuse. Today I have changed my perception of India.

I do hope these poor souls fight for their right not to be abused

Yeah, really poor people... This report is extremely shocking for me, I never knew the extent of descrimunation.

Can you believe this is all happening with human beings?!

*25.7% are prevented from entering ration shops. WHAT???
* In 48.4% of villages, Dalits are still denied access to common water sources.
* 35.8% of villages, they are denied entry into village shops.They are supposed to wait at some distance from the shop, the shopkeepers keep the goods they bought on the ground, and accept their money similarly without direct contact
* In teashops, again in about one-third of the villages, Dalits are denied seating and are required to use separate cups.
* In as many as 73% of the villages, they are not permitted to enter non-Dalit homes, and in 70% of villages non-Dalits do not eat together with Dalits.
*In more than 47% villages, bans operate on wedding processions on public (arrogated to upper caste) roads.
* In 10 to 20% of villages, Dalits are not allowed even to wear clean, bright or fashionable clothes or sunglasses.
*They are not allowed to ride their bicycles, unfurl their umbrellas, wear sandals on public roads, smoke or even stand without the head bowed.
*Restrictions on temple entry average as high as 64%, ranging from 47% in Uttar Pradesh to 94% in Karnataka. In 48.9% of the surveyed villages, Dalits are barred from access to the cremation grounds
*In 25% of the villages, Dalits are paid lower wages than other workers. They are often subjected to much longer working hours, delayed wages, verbal and even physical abuse, not just in ‘feudal' States like Bihar but also notably in Punjab. In 37% of the villages, Dalit workers are paid wages from a distance, to avoid physical contact.
*27.6% of Dalits are still prevented from entering police stations.

shocking article. i knew there was discrimination against dalits in india, but i didn't know it was this bad! and muslims are treated worse than this in india... :hitwall:

Yeah, really poor people... This report is extremely shocking for me, I never knew the extent of descrimunation.

Can you believe this is all happening with human beings?!

*25.7% are prevented from entering ration shops. WHAT???
* In 48.4% of villages, Dalits are still denied access to common water sources.
* 35.8% of villages, they are denied entry into village shops.They are supposed to wait at some distance from the shop, the shopkeepers keep the goods they bought on the ground, and accept their money similarly without direct contact
* In teashops, again in about one-third of the villages, Dalits are denied seating and are required to use separate cups.
* In as many as 73% of the villages, they are not permitted to enter non-Dalit homes, and in 70% of villages non-Dalits do not eat together with Dalits.
*In more than 47% villages, bans operate on wedding processions on public (arrogated to upper caste) roads.
* In 10 to 20% of villages, Dalits are not allowed even to wear clean, bright or fashionable clothes or sunglasses.
*They are not allowed to ride their bicycles, unfurl their umbrellas, wear sandals on public roads, smoke or even stand without the head bowed.
*Restrictions on temple entry average as high as 64%, ranging from 47% in Uttar Pradesh to 94% in Karnataka. In 48.9% of the surveyed villages, Dalits are barred from access to the cremation grounds
*In 25% of the villages, Dalits are paid lower wages than other workers. They are often subjected to much longer working hours, delayed wages, verbal and even physical abuse, not just in ‘feudal' States like Bihar but also notably in Punjab. In 37% of the villages, Dalit workers are paid wages from a distance, to avoid physical contact.
*27.6% of Dalits are still prevented from entering police stations.

Brother it is inhumane and it puts those myths about shiny and incredible India into context

shocking article. i knew there was discrimination against dalits in india, but i didn't know it was this bad! and muslims are treated worse than this in india... :hitwall:

Yes, muslims are treated even worse, look up salman khan, sharukh khan, zaheer khan, mohd kaif, abdul kalam, javed akhtar etc... the plight is miserable

Yes, muslims are treated even worse, look up salman khan, sharukh khan, zaheer khan, mohd kaif, abdul kalam, javed akhtar etc... the plight is miserable

You are right... Shabana Azmi was given a house in Mumbai for free..

Yeti mate 70 odd families in Pakistan mate you are off topic and it does not compare to the hundreds of millions of dalits. But to be fair to you we must condemn this wherever it occurs

Well we are not kidnapping dalits and forcing them to convert in India to be fair.

Brother it is inhumane and it puts those myths about shiny and incredible India into context

have fun with this india bashing thread, you can sit in UK and talk crap about indian situation. The fact is yes we have problems with our social justice , and you can defame us as much as you want to. it might be cheap amusement for a fanatic anti-indian like you but for us it's positive criticism. We have to improve our situation and uplift the poor. We were overburdened with a huge population since begining and educating this huge population was a big burden, With education, society will automatically be reformed. Social injustice will not disappear overnight, especially from the land where 1/6th of the world resides, it will be a slow and tedious process, till then you can have you fun laughing at our sufferings and blaming yours on our country too, right.

Thread is about Dalits if you cant face the truth what can i do?

But Yeti what about out the hundreds of millions of dalits in India. It is clear from earlier posts that a lot of Indians wont even admit they have a problem

Yeti mate 70 odd families in Pakistan mate you are off topic and it does not compare to the hundreds of millions of dalits. But to be fair to you we must condemn this wherever it occurs

Would like to add more into it - Our society does not prevent them from going to Schools, shops, hospitals, police stations, they are allowed to arrange shadi processions etc etc...

You are right... Shabana Azmi was given a house in Mumbai for free..

sure. go try buting a house next to pervez musharraf's in the army colony ... We treat or mulsim ethrens better than you treat your own citizens... i dont want to go off topic by opening this pandora's box

have fun with this india bashing thread, you can sit in UK and talk crap about indian situation. The fact is yes we have problems with our social justice , and you can defame us as much as you want to. it might be cheap amusement for a fanatic anti-indian like you but for us it's positive criticism. We have to improve our situation and uplift the poor. We were overburdened with a huge population since begining and educating this huge population was a big burden, With education, society will automatically be reformed. Social injustice will not disappear overnight, especially from the land where 1/6th of the world resides, it will be a slow and tedious process, till then you can have you fun laughing at our sufferings and blaming yours on our country too, right.

What I bring it home to you that you are not incredible you are not shiny and you think this is India bashing? Its the truth. Their are hundreds of millions of the weakest in Indian society being abused and you think bringing this to peoples attention is fun and or bashing India. frankly I am disgusted and sick of what I am learning about Indians higher classes abuses I do not find human suffering something to laugh at

nice fallacy. the hilarious and classic bollywood argument...
but since the topic is Dalits not Muslims...i wonder how many Dalits there are in Bollywood industry :)

But Yeti what about out the hundreds of millions of dalits in India. It is clear from earlier posts that a lot of Indians wont even admit they have a problem

I guess its a bit like racism you can change the law but not peoples mindset the only solution is education in my view but this problem won't just go away overnight it needs to be worked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom