What's new

'Why don't you go to Pakistan?' : PM Hasina to Khaleda Zia

tu mazak kar raha hai r8?? :blink:
i have given yout numebrs... So you tell me mazaak hai ke possible hai? This is just to say its feasible. not that its going to hapen, because no way indian muslis want to go there.

Bangladesh was created on secular principals. Islam has nothing to do with the creation of Bangladesh, we don't consider Jinnah or Gandhi as our heroes.

Explain! how is that?? So what is the difference between west Bengal and Bangladesh if there is nothing Islamic in it?? Oh i got it. You have no idea about Direct action day!

Explain! how is that?? So what is the difference between west Bengal and Bangladesh if their is nothing Islamic in it?? Oh i got it. You have no idea about Direct action day!
Thats beacuse BD decided to be secular as a separate country and Bengal is a part of secular india. just because UK and US are secular doesnt mean there is not difference. D.A.D has nothing to do with this. BD was part of Pakistan which came about as a reserved area for indian mus. BD broke away as they were tortured by Pak mus. and they decided to become secular

Thats beacuse BD decided to be secular as a separate country and Bengal is a part of secular india. just because UK and US are secular doesnt mean there is not difference. D.A.D has nothing to do with this. BD was part of Pakistan which came about as a reserved area for indian mus. BD broke away as they were tortured by Pak mus. and they decided to become secular

who decided it actually??

actually its sheikh mujib
amazing how adversity throws up great leaders , and good times bring about otten ones...

- lincoln, goerge washingtonm jefferson, kennedy...... nixon, reagan,, bush 1, bush2,
- gandhi, nehru, bose, modi.... all others...
- mujibur rahman, hasina... zia, ershad etc

Maulana Bhashani's principles were quite secular, he believed in the seperation of the church/mosque/temple and state.

During the decade of the 1950s, East Bengal, then a province of Pakistan, saw the emergence of a mass movement in support of the demand for national self–determination of the Bengali people. This movement was primarily led by the politician–preacher maulana Abdul Hamid Khan Bhashani, who had emerged as the leader of marginalised Bengali peasants in Assam before the Partition of the subcontinent. Though Bhashani initially positioned himself as a Muslim League leader, he actually openly opposed the orientation of other Muslim League politicians. This article discusses the significance of Bhashani’s politics against the background of his training as a theologian and against the background of his ideology of Rabubiyat. It argues that although Bhashani’s was an Islamic world outlook, he vigorously advocated the need for a separation between state rule and people’s religious faiths. Moreover, Bhashani did not just take a stance in favor of secularism, the evidence collected by historians brings out that he personally led the transition to secular politics in the decades that preceded the formation of Bangladesh in 1971.

Maulana Bhashani and the transition to secular politics in East Bengal

Another good read

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...jlbW8Ve9xXmWK3zzQ&sig2=92iKqw5En8YQRKIk0S6YkQ

I hear you man. I know a Bihari-Bangladeshi family here in Sydney. They were from a very well off family in Bihar, had to leave everything behind and migrated to East Pakistan. They started their life from scratch and established a very good business in 20 years. Unfortunately once again they had to leave everything behind and after living in UN camps for 5-6 years they migrated to Australia.

I feel awful for them when they say that they have no country to call home and no ancestral home that they go visit during holidays. These have suffered a lot and lost their home and everything else, twice, within 30 years. Its a shame that Pakistan refuses to give them refuge.

What makes you think they would feel at home in Pakistan? It's a different country, may have the same name but it is a different country. They don't know Pakistan, there not from that land, they have no connection to that land either, it's just the name they are connected to...

Your founding father saw the need to obey his master...

Bhashani also saw the need for secularism. Secularism doesn't mean an atheist state, there are 2 forms of secularism, one derives from the french revolution and the other from libertarianism, which the americans follow where they have "in god we trust" in their constitution and people having their right to religious freedom unlike the french one, which was adopted by Bolshevism. We do currently follow the american one. Stop speaking with such emotions and face the fact that we are already a secular state.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom