What's new

'Why don't you go to Pakistan?' : PM Hasina to Khaleda Zia

What makes you think they would feel at home in Pakistan? It's a different country, may have the same name but it is a different country. They don't know Pakistan, there not from that land, they have no connection to that land either, it's just the name they are connected to...
Thats the whole concept behind partition right.. centuries old ties be damned, muslims of india are a nation and they got one country which is Pak. so it doesnt matter whether they are or not from that land, they are muslims. and its not just for mus. even hindus had to migrate, many from punjsb moved to delhi and sindhis moved to mainly bombay. these were not their lands too. they were hindus and had to come to hindustan.

But the question is what would make them feel particularly at home in today's Pakistan? Also they don't want to come to Pakistan anymore, problem solved. Bangladesh is working to integrate them and there is a growing number of them are Bangladeshi citizens. Pakistan isn't the only Muslim country in So. Asia, Bangladesh is one and they can integrate there.

What makes you think they would feel at home in Pakistan? It's a different country, may have the same name but it is a different country. They don't know Pakistan, there not from that land, they have no connection to that land either, it's just the name they are connected to...

Language? They speak Urdu.

And atleast future generations will have a country which they can call home.

But the question is what would make them feel particularly at home in today's Pakistan? Also they don't want to come to Pakistan anymore, problem solved. Bangladesh is working to integrate them and there is a growing number of them are Bangladeshi citizens. Pakistan isn't the only Muslim country in So. Asia, Bangladesh is one and they can integrate there.
they may not come.. they can go to BD.. But.. they have a right to call Pak their home and if Pak deny them space, they are denying their raison d'etre

Good question to a wrong person. I am pro-caliphate...

You know give me an Umar bin Khattab and I'd want a Caliphate too but do we have people of that calibre ? Don't you think that in our current condition religious and legal pluralism along with impartiality and not secularity per se (an argument stemming from the Quran may still be entertained provided it is acceptable to the masses) isn't such a bad thing either.

Good question to a wrong person. I am pro-caliphate...

Caliphate is a figment of imagination. Its like what hindu nationalists call Ram Rajya. The ideal nation/country. But remember we are all humans and hence have the falliabilities of the same. I think people just need to have a sense of love understanding and tolerance and accept their fellow human as a human and things will be better. caliphate or anyother fancy thing will just fail .. once again

Caliphate is a figment of imagination. Its like what hindu nationalists call Ram Rajya. The ideal nation/country. But remember we are all humans and hence have the falliabilities of the same. I think people just need to have a sense of love understanding and tolerance and accept their fellow human as a human and things will be better. caliphate or anyother fancy thing will just fail .. once again

You indians really get irked when you heard the word chaliphate. Caliphate was there in the past and we muslims are suppose
to follow the examples of the four great Rashidun Caliphate. We believe that there will be another Khalipha before the end of
time and so you can not compare it with hinduism. For muslims religion is the prime identity, everything else comes second
and so you won't find muslims supporting secularism.

You know give me an Umar bin Khattab and I'd want a Caliphate too but do we have people of that calibre ? Don't you think that in our current condition religious and legal pluralism along with impartiality and not secularity per se (an argument stemming from the Quran may still be entertained provided it is acceptable to the masses) isn't such a bad thing either.

Its true that there is no Umar bin Khattab in todays muslim world but Islam has to be part of the goverment system.Islamic
governance allows for "legal pluralism along with impartiality" that you argued. Non-muslims are suppose to be treated with
honor in muslim land and are suppose to be given all sorts of rights.

You indians really get irked when you heard the word chaliphate. Caliphate was there in the past and we muslims are suppose
to follow the examples of the four great Rashidun Caliphate. We believe that there will be another Khalipha before the end of
time and so you can not compare it with hinduism. For muslims religion is the prime identity, everything else comes second
and so you won't find muslims supporting secularism.

THe rashidun caliphate lasted for just 29 years. And in this time they split the muslim world into shia and sunni forever. too short a time to say if its good or bad. so dont go about hoping for something you dont know about. and most people in that caliphate were arab and central asian, with a bit of african . so not too much diversity either. So i stand by what i said its just wishful thinking and idealistic which every society conjures up

THe rashidun caliphate lasted for just 29 years. And in this time they split the muslim world into shia and sunni forever. too short a time to say if its good or bad. so dont go about hoping for something you dont know about. and most people in that caliphate were arab and central asian, with a bit of african . so not too much diversity either. So i stand by what i said its just wishful thinking and idealistic which every society conjures up

Those 29 years were enough for the spread of ISLAM like wildfire. And after that there were also many chaliphates although
they were weaker. The division of muslims were foretold by our prophet Muhammad(PBUH) and he also foretold that there
will be a chaliphate before the end of time. ISLAM urges muslims to constantly strive for unity and so we will hold
on to our belief. Its as simple as that , nothing to get irked about. BTW color and ethnicity doesn't have anything to do with
ISLAM.Bilal ibn Rabah al-Habashi(may Allah be pleased with him) was a black euthopian and he was chosen as the first muezzin (who leads the call to prayer).

Its true that there is no Umar bin Khattab in todays muslim world but Islam has to be part of the goverment system.Islamic
governance allows for "legal pluralism along with impartiality" that you argued. Non-muslims are suppose to be treated with
honor in muslim land and are suppose to be given all sorts of rights.

Don't you think that there needs to be a reconstruction of religious thought in Islam too ? A bit more ijtihad then taqlid ! The non-muslims of today can't be seen as Dhimis anymore due to the contemporary system of a Nation-State and the concept of citizenry...don't you think we should working on that too ?

Those 29 years were enough for the spread of ISLAM like wildfire. And after that there were also many chaliphates although
they were weaker. The division of muslims were foretold by our prophet Muhammad(PBUH) and he also foretold that there
will be a chaliphate before the end of time. ISLAM urges muslims to constantly strive for unity and so we will hold
on to our belief. Its as simple as that , nothing to get irked about. BTW color and ethnicity doesn't have anything to do with
ISLAM.Bilal ibn Rabah al-Habashi(may Allah be pleased with him) was a black euthopian and he was chosen as the first muezzin (who leads the call to prayer).

They conquered lands and spread Islam. I am not saying that this caliphate was all evil, I am jkust saying that for that time it was ok. there was a system. they tried to do something for their citizens. But you muslims should understand that times have changed. administration principles should also change with times. you cant impose outdated solutions to modern day issues. thats why the taliban and arabs and shariah law are reviled over the world including muslims. capiche?

They conquered lands and spread Islam. I am not saying that this caliphate was all evil, I am jkust saying that for that time it was ok. there was a system. they tried to do something for their citizens. But you muslims should understand that times have changed. administration principles should also change with times. you cant impose outdated solutions to modern day issues. thats why the taliban and arabs and shariah law are reviled over the world including muslims. capiche?
absolutely. my argument is you have to change according to times. if you want to have the support of non-muslims you cant say that 'we will govern you but you are a step lower than muslims' as seen in S arabia. if appropriate changes are made and quality leaders come a caliphate can be formed but it wont be exactly like what it ws during the medieval times

ISLAM is for all times and islamic laws are universal. You can not give eg of taliban since they
don't have the certificate to represent ISLAM, and we don't know much about taliban. It was all
one sided propaganda by the West. For eg woman must wear the Hijab, it a must for them and
it can not be changed by giving excuse of modernsim. I have cousins who live in the US and they
study in the best US institutions with full time Hijab, it doesn't effect their life in the US.Its
time that has to adapt with ISLAM not the other way round.:)

ISLAM is for all times and islamic laws are universal. You can not give eg of taliban since they
don't have the certificate to represent ISLAM, and we don't know much about taliban. It was all
one sided propaganda by the West. For eg woman must wear the Hijab, it a must for them and
it can not be changed by giving excuse of modernsim. I have cousins who live in the US and they
study in the best US institutions with full time Hijab, it doesn't effect their life in the US.Its

A citizen should have the right to choose for what she/he wants to wear. I have nothing against hijab!

Oh god lmao.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom