What's new

Why do Hindus leave Bangladesh for India?

Riyad

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Priya Saha, the current talk of the town raises a sensitive question all over Bangladesh. Why do Bangladeshi Hindus leave Bangladesh for India? Her claim of 3 crore Hindus are missing in Bangladesh may not be true but they left Bangladesh in large number for India due to persecution. It is 100% true.

সংবাদভাষ্য

হিন্দুরা কেন দেশত্যাগ করেন?
  • তারিখ 26.07.2019
  • লেখক গোলাম মোর্তোজা

গোলাম মোর্তোজা, সম্পাদক ও টেলিভিশন ব্যক্তিত্ব

হিন্দুদের দেশ ত্যাগ মানে বাংলাদেশ থেকে ভারতে চলে যাওয়ার প্রবণতা কখনো বন্ধ হয়নি৷ যাওয়ার হার কখনো কমেছে, কখনো বেড়েছে৷ কিছু গবেষণা ও বহু পরিসংখ্যান আছে৷

ফাইল ফটো

বাংলাদেশ সরকারের যে পরিসংখ্যান (বিবিএস) তাতেও হিন্দুদের দেশ ত্যাগের প্রমাণ রয়েছে৷ ২০০১ সালের ও ২০১১ সালের শুমারির ১৫টি জেলার তথ্য পর্যালোচনা করে দেখা গিয়েছিল, ১০ বছরে প্রায় ৯ লাখ হিন্দু কমে গেছে৷ জেলাগুলো ছিল বরিশাল, ভোলা, ঝালকাঠি, পিরোজপুর, পটুয়াখালী, বরগুনা, বাগেরহাট, খুলনা, সাতক্ষীরা, নড়াইল, কুষ্টিয়া, গোপালগঞ্জ, মাদারীপুর, কিশোরগঞ্জ, পাবনা৷ এসব জেলা থেকে হিন্দু জনসংখ্যা কমে যাওয়ার নানাবিধ ব্যাখ্যা অনেকে দেওয়ার চেষ্টা করেছেন৷ কেউ বলেছেন হিন্দুদের মৃত্যুহারের চেয়ে জন্মহার কম৷ কেউ বলেছেন এক জেলা থেকে হয়ত অন্য জেলায় চলে গেছেন৷ এসব কোনো বক্তব্যের পক্ষে গ্রহণযোগ্য বা বিশ্বাসযোগ্য তথ্য নেই৷ কমে যাওয়ার গ্রহণযোগ্য তথ্য আছে৷ বরিশাল বিভাগের ছয়টি জেলায় ১০ বছরে হিন্দু জনসংখ্যা কমেছে ৫৩ হাজার ৫৭২ জন৷ অনুসন্ধানে জানা যায়, এই সংখ্যার অধিকাংশই চলে গেছে ভারতে৷

• 45952792_302.jpg

পরিসংখ্যানে বাংলাদেশের সংখ্যালঘু জনগোষ্ঠী
    বর্তমান সংখ্যা
    বিবিএসের করা বাংলাদেশ স্যাম্পল ভাইটাল স্ট্যাটিসটিকসের ২০১৮ সালের প্রতিবেদনে বলা হয়, বাংলাদেশে মুসলিম জনগোষ্ঠী মোট জনসংখ্যার ৮৮ দশমিক ৪ ভাগ৷ হিন্দু এবং অন্য ধর্মাবলম্বী ১১ দশমিক ৬ ভাগ৷ ২০১১ সালের আদমশুমারির হিসাবে সংখ্যালঘুদের সংখ্যা ছিল ৯ দশমিক ৬ শতাংশ৷ সরকারি হিসাবে বাংলাদেশের জনসংখ্যা এখন ১৬ কোটি ৪৬ লাখের হিসাবে তাদের সংখ্যা ১ কোটি ৭৪ লাখ৷

বাংলাদেশ থেকে যে হিন্দুরা ভারতে চলে যায়, তা দৃশ্যমান বাস্তবতা৷ তবে সেই সংখ্যা কোনো অর্থেই ৩ কোটি ৭০ লাখ নয়৷ প্রিয়া সাহার এই তথ্য অসত্য এবং উদ্ভট৷ হিন্দুদের দেশত্যাগের কারণ বহুবিধ৷ প্রিয়া সাহার নালিশের মত সরল নয়৷ যে সব কারণে হিন্দুরা দেশত্যাগ করে ভারতে চলে যান, মোটাদাগে তার কয়েকটি কারণ:

বাংলাদেশের পাশে ভারতের মত একটি হিন্দু প্রধান বিশাল দেশ আছে৷১৯৪৭ সালে সীমান্ত নির্ধারিত হলেও, সব হিন্দু তৎকালীন পূর্ব পাকিস্তান ছেড়ে ভারতে চলে যাননি৷কোনো পরিবারের হয়ত এক ভাই গেছেন, দুই ভাই রয়ে গেছেন৷ অর্থাৎ ভারতে তাদের আত্মীয় পরিজন আছেন৷ বাংলাদেশের স্বাধীনতার পর ভারত থেকে ফিরে আসা হিন্দুদের অনেকে বাড়ি-জায়গার দখল হারিয়েছেন৷ বাধ্য হয়ে তাদের একটি অংশ আবার ভারতে চলে গেছেন৷

স্বাধীনতার পর বাংলাদেশের হিন্দুদের বাড়ি-জমি দখল করে নেওয়ার একটি প্রবণতা দেখা দেয়৷ সেই সময় হিন্দুরা বিশেষ করে যাদের জায়গা-জমি বেশি ছিল, তারা কম মূল্যে হলেও বিক্রি করে দিয়ে চলে যান৷

রাজনৈতিক পরিস্থিতি কখনো হিন্দুদের সুরক্ষা দেয়নি৷ হিন্দুরা বাংলাদেশে সব সময় নিরাপত্তাহীনতায় ভূগেছে৷ এখনো ভূগছে৷ স্বাধীনতার পর আওয়ামী লীগ,জাসদের রাজনীতির করুণ শিকার হতে হয়েছে হিন্দুদের৷

নিষিদ্ধ ঘোষিত সর্বহারা নাম নিয়ে যারা রাজনীতি করেছে,তাদের চাঁদাবাজির শিকার হতে হয়েছে হিন্দুদের৷

ভিডিও দেখুন 03:56
কপোতাক্ষের তীরে সম্প্রীতির বন্ধন

জিয়া-এরশাদ-খালেদা জিয়ার সময়কালেও নির্যাতিত হয়েছে হিন্দুরা৷বিশেষ করে ২০০১ সালের নির্বাচনের পর বিএনপি-জামায়াতের ভয়ানক নিপীড়নের শিকার হতে হয়েছে হিন্দুদের৷

আওয়ামী লীগের সময়ে হিন্দুরা ভালো থাকবেন,নিরাপদে থাকবেন,সাধারণভাবে এটা মনে করা হয়৷ বাস্তবতা হলো,১৯৯৬ ও ২০০৯ থেকে এখন পর্যন্ত সময়কাল পর্যালোচনা করলে প্রমাণ মেলে না যে হিন্দুরা নিরাপদে আছেন৷ একথা সত্যি যে,২০০৯ সালের পর থেকে হিন্দুরা অনেক গুরুত্বপূর্ণ পদে বহাল হয়েছেন৷সেই সংখ্যা তুলনামূলক বিচারে অনেক৷ এই চিত্র প্রমাণ করে হিন্দুরা ভালো আছেন৷কিন্তু সারা দেশের সামগ্রিক চিত্র সন্তোষজনক নয়৷ভালো আছেন অল্প কিছু সংখ্যক, খারাপ আছেন এমন সংখ্যা বেশি৷

গত ১০ বছরে হিন্দুদের ঘর-বাড়ি জ্বালিয়ে দেওয়ার অনেকগুলো ঘটনা ঘটেছে৷ কোনো ঘটনারই প্রকৃত তদন্ত-বিচার হয়নি৷ ফরিদপুর শহরের একটি হিন্দু পরিবার বাড়ি-জমি বিক্রি করে চলে যেতে বাধ্য হয়েছেন৷ গণমাধ্যমে সংবাদ প্রকাশিত হলেও, পরিবারটিকে চলে যেতে হয়েছে৷

বাংলাদেশ থেকে মূলত অবস্থাসম্পন্ন হিন্দুরা চলে গেছেন৷ সংখ্যালঘু সম্প্রদায় কমবেশি সব দেশেই নিরাপত্তাহীনতা ও নিপীড়নের শিকার হন৷ ভারতে মুসলমানরাও নিপীড়ন বা নির্যাতনের শিকার হন৷ তারপরও মুসলমানরা ভারতেই থাকেন, পাকিস্তান বা বাংলাদেশে চলে আসার চষ্টা করেন না৷ কেন করেন না? কারণ পাকিস্তান বা বাংলাদেশে যাওয়ার সুযোগ নেই৷ তারা ভারতেই থাকেন৷ নির্যাতিত হলে প্রতিরোধ করেন, ক্ষেত্র বিশেষে আক্রমণও করেন৷

উল্টো চিত্র বাংলাদেশের ক্ষেত্রে৷ এখানে নির্যাতন-নিপীড়নের শিকার হয়ে, নিরাপত্তাহীনতায় ভূগে হিন্দুরা ভারতে চলে যান৷ কারণ ভারতে তাদের স্বজন আছেন, যাওয়ার সুযোগও আছে৷ না গিয়ে শুরু থেকে যদি প্রতিরোধ গড়ে তোলা যেত, তবে হয়ত হিন্দুদের এভাবে দেশত্যাগ করতে হতো না৷

৯. পরিশেষে বলে রাখি, বাংলাদেশের মূলধারার রাজনীতি হিন্দুদের দেশত্যাগের কারণ৷ হিন্দুদের নিপীড়ন-নির্যাতন, দখল, জ্বালাও-পোড়াও ইসলামি মৌলবাদী বা জঙ্গিরা করেনি৷ করেছে স্থানীয় আওয়ামী লীগ, কোথাও কোথাও বিএনপি৷ ২০০১ সালের পর কিছু করেছে জামায়াত৷ প্রিয়া সাহা যে বাড়ি পোড়ানোর অভিযোগ ইসলামি মৌলবাদী জঙ্গিদের বিরুদ্ধে এনে বাংলাদেশকে মৌলবাদী রাষ্ট্রের পরিচিতি দিতে চেয়েছেন, তার কোনো ভিত্তি নেই৷ কোনো গবেষণা বা পরিসংখ্যানে এমন তথ্য নেই৷

নাসিরনগর থেকে সাথিয়া সবক'টি ঘটনায় সম্পৃক্ততা ছিল ক্ষমতাসীনদের৷ অর্থাৎ দায় মূলত মূলধারার রাজনীতির৷

প্রিয় পাঠক, আপনার কি কিছু বলার আছে? লিখুন নীচের মন্তব্যের ঘরে৷

https://www.dw.com/bn/হিন্দুরা-কেন-দেশত্যাগ-করেন/a-49752945

Why do Hindus leave the country?

Date: 26.07.2019

Hindus Leaving the country means that the trend of moving from Bangladesh to India has never stopped. The rate of departure has decreased sometimes , sometimes increased. There are some studies and many statistics.

Statistics of the Government of Bangladesh (BBS) also show evidence of Hindus leaving the country After reviewing the data of the six districts of the 27th and 20th census, it was found that in that year, about 9 lakh Hindus have been reduced. The districts were Barisal, Bhola, Jhalakathi, Pirojpur, Patuakhali, Barguna, Bagerhat, Khulna, Satkhira, Narail, Kushtia, Gopalganj, Madaripur, Kishoreganj, Pabna. Many have tried to explain the decline in the Hindu population from these districts Some say that the birth rate is lower than the death rate of Hindus Someone may have moved from one district to another There is no acceptable or credible information for any of these statements There are acceptable data to decline In six districts of Barisal division, the population of the Hindu population has decreased by 53,572 people in six years. In the search, most of these numbers have gone to India

According to the report of Bangladesh Sample Vital Statistics, conducted by BBS, the Muslim population in Bangladesh is 88.4 percent of the total population. Hindu and other sects 9.5 percent As of the census of 20, the number of minorities was 9.6 percent As a government, the population of Bangladesh is now 16 crore 46 lakhs and their number is 1 crore 74 lakh.

The Hindus who migrate from Bangladesh to India are a visible reality However, that number is not 3 crore 70 lakhs by any means. Priya Saha's information is false and bizarre. The reasons for the expulsion of Hindus are many. It is not as simple as her complaint. Some of the reasons why Hindus migrated to India are largely due to:

There is a major Hindu country like India beside Bangladesh. Although the border is set in the year, not all Hindus have left East Pakistan then to India. That is, they have relatives in India Many of the Hindus who returned from India after the independence of Bangladesh lost possession of their houses Forced a part of them to go back to India

After independence there was a tendency for the Hindus of Bangladesh to take possession of their land At that time, the Hindus, especially those who had more land, sold them at a lower price but left.

The political situation never protected the Hindus. Hindus have always been in insecurity in Bangladesh. Still suffering After independence, Hindus have to be victims of Jassad politics.

Hindus have been subjected to extortion by those who have done politics in the name of Prohibition Prohibition.

The bond of harmony on the edge of the forearm

Hindus have also been persecuted during the Zia-Ershad-Khaleda Zia period, especially after the election of the 2001 Hindus suffered horrible persecution .

In the time of the Awami League, it is generally thought that Hindus will be good, safe and secure. The fact is, reviewing the period from 9th to 25th does not prove that the Hindus are safe. It is true that the Hindus have held many important positions during Awami League Govt. This image proves that the Hindus are good. But the overall picture of the country is not satisfactory.

In the last 6 years, there have been many incidents of burning of houses of Hindus There was no real investigation into the incident A Hindu family in Faridpur town has been forced to sell houses and land Although the news was published in the media, the family had to leave

Hindus originally left from Bangladesh Minority communities suffer from insecurity and oppression in almost all countries. Muslims in India also suffer persecution or torture Yet Muslims remain in India, not trying to move to Pakistan or Bangladesh. Why not? Because there is no opportunity to go to Pakistan or Bangladesh They live in India When you are oppressed, you attack the field especially

In the case of reverse image Bangladesh 1 Here, after being persecuted, Hindus fled to India in insecurity. Because they have relatives in India, they have the opportunity to go Had the resistance not been established from the beginning, the Hindus probably would not have had to leave this way.

9. Finally, mainstream politics of Bangladesh is the cause of the departure of Hindus. The Islamic fundamentalists or militants did not oppress, torture, occupy, burn or burn Hindus.

The local Awami League, BNP 4 somewhere Jamaat has done something after 25 The allegation that Priya Saha has been accused of burning a house against Islamic fundamentalist militants, and wants to make Bangladesh known as a radical state, has no basis. There is no such data in any of the studies or statistics

The ruling party was involved in everything from Nasirnagar to Sathia That is, responsibility is primarily mainstream politics 3

https://www.dw.com/bn/হিন্দুরা-কেন-দেশত্যাগ-করেন/a-49752945

Last edited:
What kind of persecution is going on ? @UKBengali @Homo Sapiens your fellow is constantly making threads about hindu persecution in Bd and they are leaving for Gd. It seems it is much bigger issue than Rohingya or persecution of Bihari people.

What kind of persecution is going on ?

Let me ask you a question first . What kind of answer will make you happy since you guys already took @Riyad as the iconic Bangladeshi ? WHat kind of answer from bangladeshi posters will make you happy and can stop posting this sh.it @Riyad from posting here ? He is allowed to post garbage in a Pakistani forum whom we mistakenly thought as Bangladesh friendly forum .

Now day by day we have been proven wrong . What virtue you guys saw in him that he is allowed to post cr.aps in this forum based on some articles but some f.ucking sh.its Raw paid agents ? I suggest you to read mainstream news papers from Bangladesh before you judge us ( or troll us whatever you call it ) . This article writer is also one of those fifth columnist pigs

He even got banned and later come with an intention that he is totally safe in This forum . His ban is just his rest time . Thanks a lot to forum authority to let him spew countless garbage against Bangladesh .

Last edited:
What kind of persecution is going on ? @UKBengali @Homo Sapiens your fellow is constantly making threads about hindu persecution in Bd and they are leaving for Gd. It seems it is much bigger issue than Rohingya or persecution of Bihari people.

These one dimentional threads are opened by a false flagging hindutva scum..... nuff said...ignore and move on..

গত ১০ বছরে হিন্দুদের ঘর-বাড়ি জ্বালিয়ে দেওয়ার অনেকগুলো ঘটনা ঘটেছে৷ কোনো ঘটনারই প্রকৃত তদন্ত-বিচার হয়নি৷ ফরিদপুর শহরের একটি হিন্দু পরিবার বাড়ি-জমি বিক্রি করে চলে যেতে বাধ্য হয়েছেন৷ গণমাধ্যমে সংবাদ প্রকাশিত হলেও, পরিবারটিকে চলে যেতে হয়েছে৷
I am from Faridpur Town. In my Mahalla the percentage of Hindus has risen to over 50%, but the newspaper forgot to mention it. Idiot!!!

Let me ask you a question first . What kind of answer will make you happy since you guys already took @Riyad as the iconic Bangladeshi ? WHat kind of answer from bangladeshi posters will make you happy and will can stop posting this sh.it @Riyad from posting here ? He is allowed to post garbage in a Pakistani forum whom we mistakenly thought as Bangladesh friendly forum .

Now day by day we have been proven wrong . What virtue you guys saw in him that he is allowed to post cr.aps in this forum based on some articles but some f.ucking sh.its Raw paid agents ? I suggest you to read mainstream news papers from Bangladesh before you judge us ( or troll us whatever you call it ) . This article writer is also one of those fifth columnist pigs

He even got banned and later come with an intention that he is totally safe in This forum . His ban is just his rest time . Thanks a lot to forum authority to let him spew countless garbage against Bangladesh .
First of all I don't like him a single bit but I can't say whether he is a false flagger or not. It is the job of Bd PDF members to point out and let the admins know and frankly admins listen to you guys more than us.
BTW, I see him posting crap like this but no Bd member confronts him so then how can we suspect that he is a false flagger. Gangadeshis have a habit of making false flag accounts in dozens though recently the trend has gone down due to strict screening process by the webmaster. But still whenever a few break in as false flaggers, we do point them out and let the admin know and we confront them openly.

These one dimentional threads are opened by a false flagging hindutva scum..... nuff said...ignore and move on..
A false flagger is not something to ignore. The forum admins take very strict action against false flag and multi-id rats.

I can't say whether he is a false flagger or not.
Most of us suspect him as false flagger , but I believe he is Bangladeshi and uncle tom .
It is the job of Bd PDF members to point out and let the admins know and frankly admins listen to you guys more than us.
Again , if authority really listen to us or even care about us a bit , it demands a prove . However I am not asking for anything , and respect is something that you should not demand by whining . It will make you show very less and cry baby . So
BTW, I see him posting crap like this but no Bd member confronts him so then how can we suspect that he is a false flagger.
Bd members just gave up . They are upset , they realized something long ago that I have realized few days ago . However that's fine .
Besides only authority knows that if he is a false flagger or not , and since he is old member so I suppose authority has his previous IP trace ( before this site blocked by Bangladesh govt) , so probably if they knew that he is false flagger , probably they would ban him forever right ? So since he is not ban forever so I suppose that he is Bangladeshi .

Now there are few uncle toms are roaming in not only every corner of Bangladesh ,but in every corner in this world . And that's the reason after colonial age bigger Muslim nations broken into piece by piece .

They are successfully dividing us and ruling us , and we are busy with our ego.

Last edited:
Most of us suspect him as false flagger , but I believe he is Bangladeshi and uncle tom .

Again , if authority really listen to us or even carfe about us a bit , it demands a prove . However I am not asking for anything , and respect is something that you should not demand by whining . It will make you show very less and cry baby . So

Bd members just gave up . They are upset , they realized something long ago that I have realized few days ago . However that's fine .
Besides only authority knows that if he is a false flagger or not , and since he is old member so I suppose authority has his previous IP trace ( before this site blocked by Bangladesh govt) , so probably if they knew that he is false flagger , probably they would ban him forever right ? So since he is not ban forever so I suppose that he is Bangladeshi .

Now there are few uncle toms are roaming in not only every corner of Bangladesh ,but in every corner in this world . And that's the reason after colonial age bigger Muslim nations broken piece by piece .

They are successfully dividing us and ruling us , and we are busy with our ego.
Well, I'm here helping you guys and that's why I tagged bd members to know their POV. Well previously people could use VPNs to hide their locations but now I think it is different. Anyways, I have requested the mods to look into the matter.

I am from Faridpur Town. In my Mahalla the percentage of Hindus has risen to over 50%, but the newspaper forgot to mention it. Idiot!!!

LOL, sure.

stats.jpg

http://203.112.218.65:8008/WebTestApplication/userfiles/Image/District Statistics/Faridpur.pdf

So since he is not ban forever so I suppose that he is Bangladeshi .

You presume correctly. He checks out from what I have heard. People should stop using "false flagging" excuse with him......he is following the rules after all and if people don't like the messenger/message...they are free to ignore. Forum administration has gotten tired of people continually going after people in deep accusatory way (to try get them banned) simply because they don't like someone's messaging/agenda etc.

You presume correctly. He checks out from what I have heard. People should stop using "false flagging" excuse with him.....
Agree , and besides , no false flagger can be worse enemy than an uncle tom. Actually false flaggers are not enemy , but they are just trolls of extreme degree. On the contrary uncle toms are actually cold blooded snakes who will not troll . I have seen many trolling here , nothing matches to this enemy @Riyad . He does not troll , but intentionally try to establish bad reputation of Bangladesh , he is different thing . He is paid enemy , but no argument on this pls as here ( his case) our ways and thoughts are totally different , Thank you.

but intentionally try to establish bad reputation of Bangladesh

Well members exist and have existed for region/continent (IND, PAK, CHN, IRI, gulf, TRK etc) more broadly in this forum perceived as such by whomever else (say the larger membership from same country).

Why BD should be exclusively free of it? This is a forum after all...either these articles he posts exist in the media or they don't right? But he posts link each time....so they are not coming out of thin air or his fabrication.

The main reason why Hindus left Bangladesh and go to India, because they can easily do that. India is a big, welcoming place for them. Just go there legally or illegally, claim persecution, then you will be given citizenship. India afford to become generous to minority Hindus around the world, not only for Bangladeshi Hindus. Because it is a vast country, world's 94 percent Hindus already lives in India, another 3 percent in Nepal as a majority. So, only 3 percent global Hindus live in the world as minority. Among those 3 percent, half in Bangladesh. Unlike Pakistan or Bangladesh who do not accept Indian Muslims just for being Muslim(it is impossible to act as a sanctuary for 200 million Muslims. If Indian Muslims were 20-30 million like minority Hindus, then Pakistan and Bangladesh could also have acted as a generous like India, but the reality is not like that).

This article says it clearly, Indian Muslims also face persecution, more than Hindus in Bangladesh, but they are not leaving for Pakistan or Bangladesh, because there is no scope for that. They have to live in India, no matter what. Many Bangladeshi Hindus perceive India to be a better country to live than Bangladesh(who can blame them? living as a majority community is infinitely better then as a minority, plus, we have to admit, India's economic opportunity as a whole is still somewhat better than Bangladesh). So many Hindus silently leave Bangladesh for India. It is very easy for them, they have already relatives in India, same language and cultural similarity in West Bengal etc which insures rapid integration.

This article also says, some persecution and land grabbing of Hindus happened, but contrary to the impression, Muslim extremist groups are not behind those, it is the work of some unscrupulous local Awami League and BNP leaders to grab their properties. If Hindus, from the beginning resisted rather than fleeing, then they could not have done that. A large percentage of Hindus in Bangladesh brainwashed into thinking that, India is actually their real home. Both by their community and the welcoming nature of India. That's why they leave Bangladesh at the slightest provocation or no provocation at all. Sadly some criminal elements within Bangladesh are taking the advantage of this Hindu mentality with the intention of grabbing their properties. But most of the Hindus migrate to India for cultural, economic factors without any persecution or intimidation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom