What's new

BNP-Jamaat unleash targeted violence on Hindus and Christians in Bangladesh

You mean for this top positions the qualification was to be a member of a specific community, not based on equality?

Yeah. Now do one thing. Kill the Hindus. During BNP-Jamaat regime they make sure no Hindu is placed in good position. Its very well known that Hindus are always in favorable condition in public sector once AL in power. There is nothing hide and seek about it.

Protest against attack on minority

2014_01_09_1_4_b.jpg

Created on January 9, 2014 at 00:59
Without help, Hindus on a slow path to recovery
Our Correspondent, Lalmonirhat

http://www.dhakatribune.com/author/our-correspondent-lalmonirhat

The three Hindu-majority villages that came under attack in various phases are Satpatki Majhipara, Shafinagar and Ghoshpara

Attacked Hindu families in three villages of Lalmonirhat have started to regroup and rebuild their homes and shops damaged in a series of attacks by the opposition activists since late October.

However, lack of adequate funds and government help and minimum security arrangements are making their journey to recovery an excruciatingly slow one. Many, too poor to make a self-help recovery, are going through hard times.

The three Hindu-majority villages that came under attack in various phases are Satpatki Majhipara, Shafinagar and Ghoshpara.

Birendra Nath Sen, 48, whose shop was vandalised and goods worth Tk150,000 looted on October 27, said he had tried resuming his business but stopped halfway through because of fund crunch.

“Two of my computers and a photocopier were totally damaged. I had started my business with bank loan, which I haven’t repaid yet, and now came this new problem.

“I feel helpless. I don’t know how to recoup these losses and start my business all over again,” he said.

In the attack on that day, at least 18 shops owned by Hindus were either burnt, vandalised or looted – or all three at once in some cases. Dipend Chandra Sen, whose shop was one of those burnt, said he had taken up rickshaw-pulling in order to survive.

“I have no option but to take help if I want to start my business again. I lost everything in that attack.”

In another attack on the eve of the Election Day, some six individuals including a community leader were stabbed and subsequently admitted to Rangpur Medical College Hospital. They are yet to recover fully.

On November 4, Satpatki Majhipara came under a major attack in which at least 40 houses were searched and four of them vandalised and looted. The assailants who carried out the attack also assaulted 15 individuals including several women.

Niro Bala, 60, a Hindu widow, alleged that the assailants had looted cash money from her house after damaging it. “I still don’t know how I am going to rebuild my house.”

In another attack on 28 November, some seven trade centres and two houses of the Hindus at the Ghoshpara village were attacked, vandalised and looted by the Jamaat-Shibir cadres. The gang allegedly also assaulted several Hindu women and children during this time.

Ranjit Chandra Ghosh, 48, a shop owner who lost goods worth about Tk200,000 in the attack, said he had no way to recoup the loss. “I have been trying to manage a job, but luck hasn’t been in my favour since the attack.”

The attacked Hindus in the villages urged the government and the affluent section of society to extend their help in order for them to recover and rebuild their lives.

Without help, Hindus on a slow path to recovery | Dhaka Tribune

Last edited:
Hindus send females away
Males stay back at houses damaged by BNP-Jamaat in 4 districts

female-away.jpg

Premo Bala of Pretampara in Kornaigram of Dinajpur Sadar trying to tell The Daily Star correspondent yesterday how Jamaat-Shibir and BNP men attacked her home on election day. Photo: Focus Bangla

Most of the Hindu families who had been attacked since election day, have sent their young female members to relatives' homes elsewhere fearing more Jamaat-BNP attacks on them.
Meanwhile, reportedly Jamaat-BNP men carried out fresh attacks on the minorities on Tuesday and yesterday, injuring five, burning seven homes and two temples, and vandalising idols in five districts.
Panicked Suzen Chandra Das, 60, died supposedly of a heart attack in Joypurhat when the criminals set his home on fire on Tuesday night.
Jiten Chandra Das, younger brother of the deceased, said his brother suffered a cardiac arrest seeing the house on fire, our correspondent reported.
Alleged Jamaat-Shibir men had attacked and set fire to three Hindu homes, including Suzen's, at Sonakul of Panchbibi in Joypurhat around 10:30pm on Tuesday. Locals said family members noticed their heaps of hay on fire as well but could not identify who had set the fires.
In another incident, unidentified criminals set fire to the paddy reserves of Kiran Chandra Roy and Sukumar Kumar in Shyampur village of Panchbibi in Joypurhat.

A group of people led by Chanu Khan, Jalil Khan and Dudu Khan, who are locally known as BNP adherents, attacked a Garo family in Jamalpur and stabbed five natives for voting in the elections.
Madhabi Khakshi, 43, who turned up at the National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases in the capital yesterday, said they came under attack while she along with four others was harvesting potatoes on Tuesday morning.
"The perpetrators were saying that they were teaching us a lesson for voting for the Awami League," she said.
Four other Garos who were with Madhabi and two Bangalees who rushed there to their rescue were also injured.
Unidentified criminals vandalised three idols of Kali, a Hindu goddess, and set fire to the temple at Bottola of Kalmakanda upazila in Netrakona early yesterday.
Police and members of the Hindu community said the temple was in the village where 150 Hindu families resided.
Another group of unidentified criminals, allegedly comprising Jamaat-BNP men, set fire to a temple inside one Mohindranath's home in Jhargaon of Thakurgaon around 3:00am yesterday.
Locals doused the fire and police went to the spot and calmed the panicked Hindu families.
Straw heaps belonging to four Hindus were set on fire at Deeghalgram in Singra upazila of Natore around 11:30pm Tuesday.
Gourpado Pramanik, one of the Hindus, said most of the Hindu voters in the village had voted in the 10th parliamentary elections. Angry Jamaat-BNP men might have set fire to their hay heaps, he added.
WOMEN-FREE VILLAGES
Most Hindu families in Abhaynagar of Jessore, Dinajpur, and Thakurgaon have sent their young female members away to stay with relatives fearing further attacks. They had even received threats that their women would be raped.
With the chilly weather of early January, many of the families were seen trying to stay warm lighting fires in their front yards. They had lost their warm clothes in the arson attacks immediately after the polls.
Our Jessore correspondent revisited Malopara at Abhaynagar yesterday and found only male members of the Hindu families guarding their homes.
Despite assurances of security from law enforcers, who have set up a temporary camp in the locality, the Hindus clearly did not have faith in their presence.
According to villagers, up to 300 female members of the fishermen's village are now staying away from Abhaynagar, where alleged Jamaat-BNP men carried out an attack on election day.
Dulal Biswas, 65, who lost everything as the perpetrators looted and burnt his house down, sent two of his daughters aged between 14 and 20 to a relative's house.
“One of my daughters is doing her undergraduate studies and three others are also studying. We can't take the risk of keeping them here for the near future,” Biswas said.
Pollad Barman of the same village said all women of their home had been sent to their relatives' houses. “We are living in extreme fear and anxiety … and there is more to fear after sunset,” said Pollad.
Nirmal Barman said, “The perpetrators are still threatening us with more attacks when the law enforcers leave.”
Our Dinajpur correspondent revisited the villages attacked after Sunday's elections and found the villagers in extreme hardship. Many of the villagers are labourers who are now fearful of getting beyond their villages to find work.
“We are not going outside our village and our relatives are also not visiting us,” said Dharani Kumar Roy of Pretampara, a locality of Kornai in Dinajpur.
Shops and other businesses owned by the small community of the minority Hindus have remained closed since the attack.
Subasi Bala, who ran a tea stall at Kornai Bazar, was found sitting near her burnt down tin-roofed shop. “Police are here, they gave me a blanket and I am getting daily meals, but I am still in panic,” Subasi Bala said.

Nearly 250 Hindu families of Beradanga in Gaibandha have been passing their days fearing further attacks from BNP-Jamaat men.
When The Daily Star correspondent visited the area, locals spoke of the dilemma they were in. “We are really undone here as we face pressure from both groups. One group issued threats that we should not vote while another group asked for votes,” said Madhab Chandra, a shopkeeper of Beradanga Bazar.

Hindus send females away | Males stay back at houses damaged by BNP-Jamaat in 4 districts

Jamaat men detained for attack on Hindus

Bangladesh police have detained two Jamaat-e-Islami activists for their suspected involvement in attacking Hindus and filed cases in this connection in Jessore and Dinajpur districts.

Emdad Hossain, officer in-charge of Abhoynagar police station, said at least 250 people were involved in attacking the houses of the minority Hindu community in Maloparha and Chapatola villages in Jessore district on Sunday, reported bdnews24.com.

Rioters vandalised and looted more than 50 Hindu houses in Maloparha.

A temporary police camp has been set up in the area, said Reshma Sharmin, assistant
superintendent of police.

Police blamed the Jamaat and its students wing Islami Chhatra Shibir for the attacks.

Awami League leader Ranjit Roy, who was elected from Jessore-4 constituency, alleged that Jamaat activists had carried out the attacks.

Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) leaders alleged that police were blaming the 18-party opposition alliance in order to harass them.

Police also detained five people for attacking houses and shops of Hindus at Kornai village in Dinajpur district.

Police filed a case against 215 people in connection with the incident, said Altaf Hossain, officer in-charge of Kotwali police station.

More than 100 houses and shops belonging to Hindu were vandalised and set on fire at
Kornai village.

Meanwhile, the BNP-led 18-party opposition had extended its strike till 6pm yesterday demanding cancellation of the 10th parliamentary polls results and calling for fresh elections under a non-party caretaker government.

Earlier, the opposition had called for a 48-hour strike starting from Monday morning.

Jamaat men detained for attack on Hindus

Protest against Jamaat-Shibir's recent terror attack on Hindus

3-20140108_Syed-Zakir-Hossain0200.jpg

Various political, social and civil bodies from around the country have condemned the communal attacks on religious minorities particularly in Jessore, Dinajpur, Gaibandha, Rangpur and Chittagong in the aftermath of the 10th national elections.

According to media reports since January 5, Jamaat-Shibir activists, equipped with firearms, crude bombs, machetes, iron rods and sticks, attacked the Hindus in these districts mainly because they cast votes. A good number of educational institutions, including primary schools, were also reportedly burnt down by Jamaat-Shibir men.

Our Jessore correspondents reported that law enforcers had arrested 23 people on charges of being involved with such attacks at Malopara in Jessore. District administration assured that Malopara under Abhaynagar upazila would be given the due protection.

Speakers at various rallies and human chains, formed around the country to condemn the attacks, said the government could not overlook its liabilities in these attacks because no measure had been taken to prevent the post-polls violence.

“It does not matter whether BNP, Jamaat or any other force are involved with the attacks; the government has to take stern steps against the evil-forces,” said 14-party spokesman Mohammad Nasim at a meeting of the Dhaka city unit Awami League.

Nasim, also a presidium member of AL, urged the leaders and activists to resist the attacks and assist the victims.

Journalists based in Dhaka and Sushashoner Jonnyo Nagarik formed separate human chains at Shahbagh and National Press Club yesterday.

At the Shahbagh human chain, Dhaka University teacher Fahmidul Haque said: “The government has a tendency of shifting the liability [of the attacks] on to Jamaat-Shibir and BNP. It is true that they are the ones staging such attacks, but the government is also liable for not bringing them to book.”

Rights activists Khushi Kabir said: “I want to know what the intelligence agencies were doing. Why did they not have any prior information of such attacks?”

The Communist Party of Bangladesh in a press statement yesterday said the government failed to provide security to the Hindus albeit keeping the army and law enforcement agencies on duty during the pre and post-polls time. The party called for forming communal resistance committee in villages and at every locality.

Bangladesh Rukhe Darao, a platform of progressive and pro-liberation forces, also condemned the attack through a press release.

The release, signed by eminent citizens like Professor Emeritus Dr Anisuzzaman, writer Syed Shamsul Haque and former bureaucrat Dr Akbar Ali Khan, demanded immediate ban on Jamaat under the Anti-Terrorism Act.

Bangladesh National Women Lawyers Association also condemned the attack on minorities.

In Gopalganj, the Tungipara Puja Udjapon Parishad, staged a protest rally and submitted memorandum to the Upazila Nirbahi Officer calling upon the prime minister to protect the minorities, our correspondent reported.

Our correspondent from Manikganj reported that a number of human chains were formed in the district by journalists, the local unit of Bangladesh Mohila Parishad, the Jubo Union, the Chhatra Union and Udichi Shilpi Goshthi at different places of the town.

In Chittagong, various bodies, including the local Chhatra Union and the Ghatak Dalal Nirmul Committee formed human chains of their own at different places in the port city protesting the attacks.

Last updated on January 9, 2014 at 01:05

More censure for the attacks on Hindus | Dhaka Tribune

Yeah. Now do one thing. Kill the Hindus. During BNP-Jamaat regime they make sure no Hindu is placed in good position. Its very well known that Hindus are always in favorable condition in public sector once AL in power. There is nothing hide and seek about it.

Protest against attack on minority

2014_01_09_1_4_b.jpg

Created on January 9, 2014 at 00:59
Without help, Hindus on a slow path to recovery
Our Correspondent, Lalmonirhat

The three Hindu-majority villages that came under attack in various phases are Satpatki Majhipara, Shafinagar and Ghoshpara

Attacked Hindu families in three villages of Lalmonirhat have started to regroup and rebuild their homes and shops damaged in a series of attacks by the opposition activists since late October.

However, lack of adequate funds and government help and minimum security arrangements are making their journey to recovery an excruciatingly slow one. Many, too poor to make a self-help recovery, are going through hard times.

The three Hindu-majority villages that came under attack in various phases are Satpatki Majhipara, Shafinagar and Ghoshpara.

Birendra Nath Sen, 48, whose shop was vandalised and goods worth Tk150,000 looted on October 27, said he had tried resuming his business but stopped halfway through because of fund crunch.

“Two of my computers and a photocopier were totally damaged. I had started my business with bank loan, which I haven’t repaid yet, and now came this new problem.

“I feel helpless. I don’t know how to recoup these losses and start my business all over again,” he said.

In the attack on that day, at least 18 shops owned by Hindus were either burnt, vandalised or looted – or all three at once in some cases. Dipend Chandra Sen, whose shop was one of those burnt, said he had taken up rickshaw-pulling in order to survive.

“I have no option but to take help if I want to start my business again. I lost everything in that attack.”

In another attack on the eve of the Election Day, some six individuals including a community leader were stabbed and subsequently admitted to Rangpur Medical College Hospital. They are yet to recover fully.

On November 4, Satpatki Majhipara came under a major attack in which at least 40 houses were searched and four of them vandalised and looted. The assailants who carried out the attack also assaulted 15 individuals including several women.

Niro Bala, 60, a Hindu widow, alleged that the assailants had looted cash money from her house after damaging it. “I still don’t know how I am going to rebuild my house.”

In another attack on 28 November, some seven trade centres and two houses of the Hindus at the Ghoshpara village were attacked, vandalised and looted by the Jamaat-Shibir cadres. The gang allegedly also assaulted several Hindu women and children during this time.

Ranjit Chandra Ghosh, 48, a shop owner who lost goods worth about Tk200,000 in the attack, said he had no way to recoup the loss. “I have been trying to manage a job, but luck hasn’t been in my favour since the attack.”

The attacked Hindus in the villages urged the government and the affluent section of society to extend their help in order for them to recover and rebuild their lives.

Without help, Hindus on a slow path to recovery | Dhaka Tribune

Not the Hindu, it's guys like you without eyes need to be killed...wish for a day more and more brutal than 15th August. I want to see any position to be competed by qualification not by any identity of religion, color, party....is it Jamati line of thought?

Not the Hindu, it's guys like you without eyes need to be killed...wish for a day more and more brutal than 15th August. I want to see any position to be competed by qualification not by any identity of religion, color, party....is it Jamati line of thought?

Okay, kill me then. When will you do this holy act? You guys (Read Jamaatis) can only do killing and terror attacks and then cowardly hide after committing such a great act. :yahoo:

BJP concerned over violence against Hindus in Bangladesh

The BJP on Wednesday expressed concern over the reports of violence against Hindus in the neighbouring Bangladesh.

Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley in a statement issued in New Delhi said, “The post-election violence has started attacking the minority Hindu community. Houses have been burnt and individuals are being attacked. The already insecure Hindu minority is being threatened further. Media reports suggest that most of these attacks have taken place at the behest of the Jamat-e-Islami and even the BNP.”

Referring to the shrinking Hindu population in the adjoining nation and the similarity in the situation being faced by the community in Pakistan, Mr. Jaitley said: “It is noteworthy that the Hindu population, which was around 30 per cent at the time of Independence is currently between 10 to 12 per cent as per the recent estimates.”

He said a disturbed neighbourhood adversely affects India and in some cases the consequences spill into Indian boundaries. “One had hoped that elections in Bangladesh would enhance the democratic process there. As the nation which had supported Bangladesh at the time of their liberation struggle, India, which has thousands of kilometres of borders with Bangladesh, would like to see a peaceful poll accompanied by continuation or transfer of power. It has not happened. We hope that the political process in Bangladesh stabilises and important political parties are in a position to settle their domestic political issues,” Mr. Jaitley said.

The position of the Hindu minorities in Pakistan “is a little worse” he said, adding in recent times thousands have had to migrate to India. “On my visits to places like Indore, Ajmer and other towns of Punjab, many of these groups have met me. Even in Delhi the Hindu migrants from Pakistan have been meeting political leaders and explaining to them the plight of the minorities in Pakistan,” he said urging the Centre to take note.

BJP concerned over violence against Hindus in Bangladesh - The Hindu

Last edited:
i don't think Bangladeshi can really mange ,

100% agree with you ,qualification and trust play important role ,race ,religion should not be criteria
i don't know about public sector, but can tell you, sure about private sector ,
still most of businessman in private company they love to hire either Indian or barua Buddhist on top position ,some of the industrial group i know personally like KDS,KYCR,PHP,S.ALAM,APPOLO,ABUL KHER ETC,(I work and live in Chittagong more than 4 year)
it is not because of qualification only ,but trust also play major role,

you are not aware about ,don't be in hurry in reply ,do some survey than come back ,will discuss in detail

Isn't BJP a rightist Hindu party? How can they have better relation with BNP-Jamaat? Esp. with Jamaat. AL is generally regarded as liberal to religious minorities. Don't you think BJP will be in favorable relation with AL? In whatever way Bangladesh is a very important factor for India. If any politically unpleasant thing happens in BD it also impacts India in some way.

Fortunately we don have any party thats exactly right wing.... BJP doesnt ask for exclusive rights for hindus nor does it want to change the secular status of India'so it doesn't fit that definition ..
BJP shouldnt have any prob with BNP - Jamaat.. since cong is a 'close ' to AL , BJP might actually find it easier with BNP

We need another Shahbag movement to ban Jamaat-Shibir.
shabag.jpg

This image unmistakably resembles India... must surely be RAW's work

Jamaat has less members than VHP....how can they be of that much significance??
Im not sure if Jamaat has less members, but they definately has lots of street power and pan BD presence... VHP and other right wing groups are virtually nonexistant in South India and zero public support

Hindu's are real Troublemakers in BD and they are responsible for all the violence in BD...They must have done something to provoke these People,as said by some BD member that every third Hindu in BD is related to militant organization...

However I am against such violent acts and it should be condemned...

First they will Kill Hindus
Then Christians
Then Ahmedis
Then Shias
Then People going to Sufi Mazars
And they call themselves followers of Religion of Peace

Being a Muslim or non-Muslim has very little to do with persecution of people. When even the majority people are being denied justice (not only during the Awami tenure) how can one even think of saving their minorities? Instead of blaming our (BD people) religious/cultural differences we should have instead focused on establishing justice which is the prime responsibility of any government.

Which people? the ones you mingle with?
Unlike you i got a life outside politics. I am not that much bothered about people's political preference. I mingle with people who are hardcore supporter of BNP, AL & Jamat regularly. We discuss politics, have our difference in political view but we don't let it affect our relationship. It is called maturity.

nahhh, amra sobai [we all are ] Bangladeshi, Bengali is a word that invokes discrimination, but Bangladeshi, nationalism, integrity and unity. Bangladesh is a non-communal and tolerant country, but unfortunately, BAL is making issue for dirty politics. BAL is a communal and racist party from the beginning, that is why it broke PK consist of other ethinics.

but this picture reminds me the song of a Bangla Cenema: Itshar, Allah, Bidhata jane sudhu tomake koto khani chai darling....

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom