What's new

Why Do Bangladeshis Support Pakistan?

Well, My father's generation loves Imran khan ..... And My friends used to worship the likes of Saeed Anwar, Inzamam, Saqlain, Wasim Aqram. Bangladesh's support for Pakistan peaked in 1999. I was the single Australia supporter in my Class in 99 wc FINAL. Now its ever decreasing...... Because of the rise of Bangladeshi cricket and Anti Pak campaigns ....

For the same reason I will support Sri Lanka, India, Afghanistan or Bangladesh when they play against another country. We belong to the same neighbourhood. Sure religion might play a role for some people but its like asking a Swede who he will support in a football match between Norway and Nigeria. Most will say Norway ofc.

in this video, u can find the racist view of Pakistanis towards Bangladeshis and Bangladesh cricket. I do not hate pakistanis. i'm a bangladeshi and a muslim too. bt if this is your thought about ur fellow muslim brothers that make me think twice about the humanity of the pakistanis. best of luck to pakistan in WC.fi amanillah

Astagfirullah! You think most of us in to shirk?
i'm a bangladeshi and muslim. i believe in my nationalism. i also believe the ummah.

I think question should be
Why Majority of Bangladeshis (Pre 71 & Post71) considered Pakistanis (West) as foreigners compares to less for Indians to that very level. For me, Majority Bangladeshis thinks & believes in Bengali nationalism more than Ummah...This is a plain fact.

Today's young Pakistanis needs to understands and accept this very fact once for all, there is no need of barbering/knocking at their doors continuously. :coffee:
unfortunately that is true. even if it is our common heritage and identity that binds Bangladesh people to Pakistan, many people, including some (BDi) Pakistan supporters, feel the need to downplay that factor, like we see how iajdani and bongbang both tried to only highlight the cricketing part.

Tameem bhai one thing to understand is that people feel pressured to do this. out of 10 people in a room watching cricket on tv, 9 people might be Pakistan supporters. but they might feel pressured to not show any non-cricket attachment in their support to that one pro-India person.

in 1971 it was only a handful of militant leftists (backed by India) vs. the entire East Pakistani populace. and it was not so difficult for the former to force "Bengali" nationalism on the rest. we should understand how powerful those handful of leftists are, and how much venom they pack

in this video, u can find the racist view of Pakistanis towards Bangladeshis and Bangladesh cricket. I do not hate pakistanis. i'm a bangladeshi and a muslim too. bt if this is your thought about ur fellow muslim brothers that make me think twice about the humanity of the pakistanis. best of luck to pakistan in WC.fi amanillah

i'm a bangladeshi and muslim. i believe in my nationalism. i also believe the ummah.
that is smart comedy. sorry its our lowly thinking, narrow mindedness and lack of knowledge how Bangladeshis are viewed outside its borders, that some of us dislike such a great program, as you do.

who asks these questions? those espnstarsports indian reporters created this topic as if it is really new to them. sorry it is not new and it is the most common thing you will see among Bangladeshis. so asking such question is stupid. the question should be why wouldn't Bangladeshis support Pakistan? or the question should be how come a few Bangladeshi rotten low-lives support India in cricket?

Bangladeshis are well wishers of Pakistan in all sectors. cricket is one of them. some Bangladeshis don't show non-cricket aspect of the support too openly because of the fascist psuedo-Hindu nationalist environment that grips BD society

Well, My father's generation loves Imran khan ..... And My friends used to worship the likes of Saeed Anwar, Inzamam, Saqlain, Wasim Aqram. Bangladesh's support for Pakistan peaked in 1999. I was the single Australia supporter in my Class in 99 wc FINAL. Now its ever decreasing...... Because of the rise of Bangladeshi cricket and Anti Pak campaigns ....
Bangladeshis support Pakistan outside the technicalities of cricket

even if Bangladesh team was at least at par with the top South Asian teams, Pakistan team would still be favourites for Bangladeshis because of my first point (note: Pakistanis support Bangladesh team, and Indian Muslims have weakness for BD team, but not for the performance in cricket)

anti-Pakistan campaigns are definitely a worry. as a result people feel less confident about supporting Pakistan or they try to minimize the non-cricket factor.

Allah did mercy on us by dividing from west Pakistan. Subhan Allah. All we want is to die peacefully. We pray for them also. All we have to do now is just care for ourselves. I wouldn't mind the program. Watching the full program you will understand he actually bashed Pakistan and BD is doing well in every sectors separating from pakistan that is what he means through comedy and metaphor. Skin color is from Multan heat. Also in another program shown bengali problem in pakistan now. I believe nationalism and religion are two separate things. Falling in trap of united pakistan was madness.

Last edited:
Allah did mercy on us by dividing from west Pakistan. Subhan Allah. All we want is to die peacefully. We pray for them also. All we have to do now is just care for ourselves. I wouldn't mind the program. Watching the full program you will understand he actually bashed Pakistan and BD is doing well in every sectors that is what he means through comedy and metaphor. Skin color is from Multan heat. Also in another program shown bengali problem in pakistan now. I believe nationalism and religion are two separate things. Falling in trap of united pakistan was madness.
Yes he did mercy that's why Mujib was crushed under tank chains,Bhutto was hanged,Indira was killed and Yahya died a miserable death alone,BD is doing well in every sector except BSF killing your civilians daily and your forces not even fire a single bullet back,and 3 million begalis live in Pakistan....enjoy Delhi organized puppet show in Dhaka...

unfortunately that is true. even if it is our common heritage and identity that binds Bangladesh people to Pakistan, many people, including some (BDi) Pakistan supporters, feel the need to downplay that factor, like we see how iajdani and bongbang both tried to only highlight the cricketing part.

Why? Afraid to be called Razakar by general Bangladeshi?

Tameem bhai one thing to understand is that people feel pressured to do this. out of 10 people in a room watching cricket on tv, 9 people might be Pakistan supporters. but they might feel pressured to not show any non-cricket attachment in their support to that one pro-India person.

Agreed no one want to be called a Gaddar, Gaddar to 300+Million Bengali nation in both India & Bangladesh. But wait a minute; @bongbang & others alike declares that Bangladeshi/Bengali Nationalism is same what Pakistani Nationalism is; Then why an East Punjabi Muslim doesn't feel the same kind of emotions to West Punjabi in India? Why a Pakhtoon, Sindhi or for that matter an Urdu speaker in Karachi and Pakistan at large didn't feel the same kind of bondness with their counterparts in Afghanistan or India??...is their terribly wrong with West Pakistanis or Pakistani Nationalism and Bangladeshi/Bengali Nationalism are two separate thing altogether?? @bongbang??

in 1971 it was only a handful of militant leftists (backed by India) vs. the entire East Pakistani populace. and it was not so difficult for the former to force "Bengali" nationalism on the rest. we should understand how powerful those handful of leftists are, and how much venom they pack

Majority of Bengali Muslims; first and far-most are Bengalis then anything else:coffee:

Agreed no one want to be called a Gaddar, Gaddar to 300+Million Bengali nation in both India & Bangladesh. But wait a minute; @bongbang & others alike declares that Bangladeshi/Bengali Nationalism is same what Pakistani Nationalism is; Then why an East Punjabi Muslim doesn't feel the same kind of emotions to West Punjabi in India? Why a Pakhtoon, Sindhi or for that matter an Urdu speaker in Karachi and Pakistan at large didn't feel the same kind of bondness with their counterparts in Afghanistan or India??...is their terribly wrong with West Pakistanis or Pakistani Nationalism and Bangladeshi/Bengali Nationalism are two separate thing altogether?? @bongbang??

Bengali/Bangladeshi nationalism is same. Upgraded form of Bengali nationalism is Bangladeshism. When Bengalis were deceived by west Pakistanis to join with them united in the name of religion. Sooner Bengalis became alien to west pakistanis. With time they understood their separate identity bengali which west pakistanis taught them. So the bengali separate movement started. When Bengal became independent. Then problems arose some people arent comfortable with Bengali identity so the Bangladeshi identity is introduced. People can have different religion different beliefs and ethnicity but they are united in Bangladeshi nationalism. Now you are trying to show difference between Bengali and Bangladeshi nationalism. Bengali nationalism is the protector of Bangladesh. Someone may try to rejoin in the name of religion with pakistan,India or Myanmar but Bengali nationalism deprive anyone from that. You ar trying to show similarity with Bengali nationalism with Indian Bengali. But its wrong there isnt any Bengali nationalism in India. If there was they had join with Bangladesh by now. There is only Indian nationalism or the separate identity movements but BD and Pakistanis dont share same with them. That is why WB and West Punjabis dont feel same emotion. Bengali nationalism is unique in BD.

Yes he did mercy that's why Mujib was crushed under tank chains,Bhutto was hanged,Indira was killed and Yahya died a miserable death alone,BD is doing well in every sector except BSF killing your civilians daily and your forces not even fire a single bullet back,and 3 million begalis live in Pakistan....enjoy Delhi organized puppet show in Dhaka...

BSF killing. Ok. Are they killing inside BD. They have their own policies in their country better no one violates that. If BSF enters into BD territory we have the reply for that. We need peace. What is going in your country we cant follow the same. Indians are killing Bengalis for infiltrating, politicians should go for the right solution for this. At least BD territory inside is peaceful. Imagine BD is a part pakistan Hindu, Buddhist, Christians and Muslims are dying everyday by its own people. I cant imagine that. Allah did a great work in 71 in exchange of some lives for better future.

Last edited:
When Bengalis were deceived by west Pakistanis to join with them united in the name of religion.
be honest with yourself. is this line true? or was it Bengali Muslims who "deceived" the northwestern Muslims to join with them united in the name of religion (and common heritage)

At least BD territory inside is peaceful. Imagine BD is a part pakistan Hindu, Buddhist, Christians and Muslims are dying everyday by its own people. I cant imagine that. Allah did a great work in 71 in exchange of some lives for better future.
is BD really peaceful? or you want a pissing contest?

does BD being East Pakistan suddenly transform itself into having the same geopolitical factors that today's Pakistan is having? why not rather say that if today's Pakistan joins today's BD and becomes United Pakistan again, today's Pakistan will suddenly be transformed into a psuedo-Hindu nationalist state where Muslims and their culture are second-class?

of course Indian invasion couldn't have happened without their "inside men" in East Pakistan. and after the successful colonization, of course they would thank their Allah for it.

possibly only in Bangladesh.. would some people be thankful for getting invaded and colonized.

Bengali/Bangladeshi nationalism is same. Upgraded form of Bengali nationalism is Bangladeshism. When Bengalis were deceived by west Pakistanis to join with them united in the name of religion. Sooner Bengalis became alien to west pakistanis. With time they understood their separate identity bengali which west pakistanis taught them. So the bengali separate movement started. When Bengal became independent. Then problems arose some people arent comfortable with Bengali identity so the Bangladeshi identity is introduced. People can have different religion different beliefs and ethnicity but they are united in Bangladeshi nationalism. Now you are trying to show difference between Bengali and Bangladeshi nationalism. Bengali nationalism is the protector of Bangladesh. Someone may try to rejoin in the name of religion with pakistan,India or Myanmar but Bengali nationalism deprive anyone from that. You ar trying to show similarity with Bengali nationalism with Indian Bengali. But its wrong there isnt any Bengali nationalism in India. If there was they had join with Bangladesh by now. There is only Indian nationalism or the separate identity movements but BD and Pakistanis dont share same with them. That is why WB and West Punjabis dont feel same emotion. Bengali nationalism is unique in BD.

BSF killing. Ok. Are they killing inside BD. They have their own policies in their country better no one violates that. If BSF enters into BD territory we have the reply for that. We need peace. What is going in your country we cant follow the same. Indians are killing Bengalis for infiltrating, politicians should go for the right solution for this. At least BD territory inside is peaceful. Imagine BD is a part pakistan Hindu, Buddhist, Christians and Muslims are dying everyday by its own people. I cant imagine that. Allah did a great work in 71 in exchange of some lives for better future.
Well said. I fully agree with u on this,what u have written is excellent.Yes,Bengali nationalism is the protector of Bangladesh,in India there is no Bengali Nationalism. WB and West Punjabis dont feel same emotion.Are u aware of the Baloch insurgency in Pakistan.
About the BSF killing,they could have been avoided,if there is some communication or hotline across the border. Tomorrow if any intruder tries to cross the Border inadvertently,illegally,BSF should inform their counter parts through hot line.

Back
Top Bottom