What's new

Why China paid $1trillion to US but doesn't pay a dime to the Pak govt?

Exactly!

You corroborate my point.

Africa is an investment, hence China will give it trade and aid etc.

Pakistan is an expenditure to be incurred in order to counter India and gain access to Central Asia and that's it. In fact, Pakistan is an expenditure which can be incurred by even empty rhetoric. Why spend cash?

Pakistan's value for China is limited to that.

Africa's value for China is far great than that of Pakistan.

Africa is resource rich and could be a future colony for China.

Agree with you, investment in Pakistan will fetch less return, Just Lip service will make pakistani brothers happy. I agree with your Quote

"Why spend money when you can win over the Pakistanis by mere words?"

You seriously overestimate your own importance. :lol:

Each one of these factors alone is more important to us than India:

1) Gwadar port, access to the Arabian sea, a method to bypass Malacca straits.
2) Land link to the Middle East for pipelines.
3) Control over the Xinjiang border, extradition treaty for ETIM.
4) They act as a gateway and an ambassador for us into the resource-rich Muslim world.

mark my words...u developed gwadar....
but it wont be of any use...how n when?lets see next few years..

so keep thanking pakistanis,making list :rofl:

The reason why China invested a trillion dollars into the US is the same reason why India invested $41 billion into the US and why the rest of the world invested money into the US. US treasuries were one of the most secure investments a country could make with guaranteed returns until the recent scare. It's purely an investment.
If you talk of the same kind of investment, even Pakistan would not invest in Pakistan. There are barely any options apart from Euro bonds, Pound Sterling etc etc in comparison.

You seriously overestimate your own importance. :lol:

Flamebaiting much? When did I ever talk about India's importance to China?

We are discussing Pakistan's limited importance to China. You'd do better to take English comprehension lessons. ;)

Each one of these factors alone is more important to us than India:

1) Gwadar port, access to the Arabian sea, a method to bypass Malacca straits.

The port is built. It is an infrastructure already in place.

It will stay in place even if the Pakistani economy collapsed. In fact, a collapsed Pakistani economy will make Pakista evermore desperate to seek Chinese involvement in Gwadar.

Hence, a collapsed Pakistani economy works in interest of China.

2) Land link to the Middle East for pipelines.

I've already mentioned that. But here again, Pakistan is merely a means to the end, not the end itself.

These pipelines etc. are not dependent on Pakistani economy. Pipelines will stay whether Pakistani economy stays or collapses.

Pipeline once laid, will always be there.

Hence Pakistani economy is irrelevant here too.

3) Control over the Xinjiang border, extradition treaty for ETIM.

That is again a military issue and not an economic reliance like China has on Africa.

China merely needs Pakistan to do the police-work properly.

You can pay a few Generals for that. Why spend hard cash on worthless (for China) development projects and trade etc.

4) They act as a gateway and an ambassador for us into the resource-rich Muslim world.

Repeat of point 2. Don't try so hard, CD :lol:

You're grasping at straws Patrician.

Try finding one single Chinese or Pakistani member who agrees with your conspiracy theory. :lol:

And try to convince my government to stop pouring in billions of dollars every year.

You're grasping at straws Patrician.

Try finding one single Chinese or Pakistani member who agrees with your conspiracy theory. :lol:

Why do I need to find internet warriors to prove my point, CD? :lol:

I do not post here for 'thanks' unlike some other few.

My point is the writing on the wall evident by Chinese govt.'s actions.

You are the one trying hard here. :P

I'm merely making some realpolitik observations.

My point is simple, why spend hard cash when words can do the job?

Any businessman can understand the simple logic.

...and the Chinese are shrewd businessmen.

And try to convince my government to stop pouring in billions of dollars every year.

See!

That's what I was talking about.

Look, maa! The dollars are pouring...

...and the Pakistanis sing and dance in gay mirth.

Here come our Chinese 'brothers', our saviours, our messiahs...

ya ya ya yippie ya yay, yippie ya yo yippie ya yay...

...while all that pours are words.

and Hu jintao tells his subordinates..."See! I told ya!".

:lol::lol::lol:

Do not be silly, the Indian members, we will have massive investment in Pakistan, no matter what you're thinking?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

U.S. debt is another matter, it is not an investment, but from the trade surplus, which is two different things.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

We do not have much invested in the United States, for various reasons.

hm let me see this way imagine pakistan makes all cheap stuff and develop their service industry.. that is direct threat to chinese and indian economy :coffee:

Do not be silly, the Indian members, we will have massive investment in Pakistan, no matter what you're thinking?

...and I believe we should take your word for it?

Where is Pakistan as compared to Chinese aid/trade concessions etc. given to a future resource such as Africa?

and do not tell me about Gwadar. We're not talking of Chinese projects in Pakistan which benefit the Chinese.

We are talking of Chinese projects in Pakistan which benefit the Pakistani...PRIMARILY.

like many of your projects in Africa, for example.

U.S. debt is another matter, it is not an investment, but from the trade surplus, which is two different things.

It is an investment in order to keep the American consumer buy Chinese goods.

i agree with patrician.

considering the recent floods that happened in pakistan, even india gave PAK more aid than china did

India Gives 25m$ to pak
http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...ln-dollars-in-new-flood-aid-to-pakistan-zj-01

China Pledges 250m$ to pak
China pledges $250m flood aid to Pakistan

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

i agree with patrician.

considering the recent floods that happened in pakistan, even india gave PAK more aid than china did

India Gives 25m$ to pak
http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...ln-dollars-in-new-flood-aid-to-pakistan-zj-01

i agree with patrician.

India Gives 25m$ to pak

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

i agree with patrician.

India Gives 25m$ to pak

..higher than mountains, deeper than oceans.

:lol::lol::lol:

...and I believe we should take your word for it?

Where is Pakistan as compared to Chinese aid/trade concessions etc. given to a future resource such as Africa?

and do not tell me about Gwadar. We're not talking of Chinese projects in Pakistan which benefit the Chinese.

We are talking of Chinese projects in Pakistan which benefit the Pakistani...PRIMARILY.

like many of your projects in Africa, for example.

It is an investment in order to keep the American consumer buy Chinese goods.

This is investment for the long-term relationship, which is a reward for Pakistan's long-term friendship.
Whatever, China has a large-scale investment in Pakistan, it is true.

Absolutely not, it is just the trade surplus, we do not want to, but because of the bilateral trade imbalance, so there is so much waste paper, oh, I mean dollars.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

you kidding right? both countries are mutually invested in each other!!

Compared to debt, China's investment in the United States only a small thing, it is not because China, but the U.S. did not open a lot of investment

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

i agree with patrician.

India Gives 25m$ to pak
Search Results india offers mln dollars in new flood aid to pakistan zj | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia | DAWN.COM

i agree with patrician.

India Gives 25m$ to pak
Search Results india offers mln dollars in new flood aid to pakistan zj | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia | DAWN.COM

Update your information, I do not even know how many times need to be repeated. China provided assistance to 250 million dollars, however, that nothing, to help Pakistan earthquake in 2008.

In any case, the Indian members at least need the basic math skills, 250m$> 25m$.

Back
Top Bottom