What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

a doubt, that's all. since, the stance of Hindu nationalists also suits the same.
It's all right. You might have confused with right rationalists... :ashamed:
I hate the dravidian language these south Indians speak
You can pierce your eardrums. Won't hear a thing.
58% literacy:cheesy: gawar word tumhari zabaan ko suit nahi karta my dear Bhaiyaed Pakistani. :haha:
He is a pure blue eyed blonde haired ex real Hindu Aryan :tup:

so, u want to become hindu.....:lol:

I want to read about Indigenous Indian aryans who spread Indo-Europeans languages :lol:

He is a pure blue eyed blonde haired ex real Hindu Aryan :tup:

And you Kashmiri brahmin who think they are indigenous to Kashmir :lol: When whole world knows most Kashmiri brahmins were Bihari and UP bhaiyas and still look like them :enjoy:

I want to read about Indigenous Indian aryans who spread Indo-Europeans languages :lol:
lol...
u are talking to many Indian aryans here....why don't u ask ur question to them.....
an online tutorial and explanation would be better for u....:lol:

And you Kashmiri brahmin who think they are indigenous to Kashmir :lol: When whole world knows most Kashmiri brahmins were Bihari and UP bhaiyas and still look like them :enjoy:
Chooo chweet. :smitten: You know shoo mucchh about me :sarcastic:

True...and UP Brahmins came from Uzbekistan...I get it. :coffee:

aamam kannu...kerala,karnatka ellam sarkar(government) schools-ula Hindi compulsary thaan. pala nootrandai kazhichu paathom-na kannadigaru,malayalakkaranunga ella hindi-ilu thaan peshuvaanga..enna kodumai saravanan ithu?

Apadina we will be the last man standing in talking native language :P

Let me put in simple words for u..

Malayalam is a relatively young language 1000 years old..

In chart u see as tamil - malayalam...

That doesnt means tamil and malayalam is same 1000 years ago...

All our sangam literatures are called Tamil works and not malayalam works simply because, the present day tamil is same as that sangam tamil and malayalam is not sangam tamil...

This is a concept called speciation (genetically) we can extrapolate to language too..

When a same poplation (genetically similar) gets geographically separated for long perod of time its language,culture will evolve independently.. this happened to other dravidian languages...

same way for tulu and other languages, they differentiated from tamil due to time as the region had different rulers and kingdoms for long time in recent centuries..

As I have said many times before. the linguists seem to disagree.The separation between Kannada & Tamil (& Tulu) or between proto Tamil-Kannada & Telugu is too far back as compared to a more recent split between Malayalam & Tamil. To imagine that Tamil would have been same as you suggest & other languages change that drastically is beyond common logic. Where are the Tamil inscriptions deep in the homeland of the Telugu & Kannada speakers if their language changed later. Other than the odd specimen of the script in areas close to Tamil lands, there aren't that many. There is no evidence, archaeological or linguistic to suggest remotely that people in the places where they now speak Kannada & Telugu were wholesale speakers of "Tamil". A couple of interesting links.

EPIGRAPHY - Inscriptions in Tamil Script

Kannada inscriptions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
More than 57% of the epigraphical inscriptions, about 57,000, found by the Archaeological Survey of India in India are in Tamil, mostly from the Jaina caves and temples.[3] Also according to the Sahitya Akademi, around 30,000 inscriptions in the Kannada language and script have been recovered so far.[4]
Since 1886 there have been systematic attempts to collect and catalogue these inscriptions, along with the translation and publication of documents.[8] Inscriptions may be in Brāhmī script or Tamil-Brahmi script developed by Sramanic system or Kannada script or even the still undeciphered Indus script. Royal inscriptions were also engraved on copper-plates as were the Copper-plate grant. Ashokan edicts contain Brahmi script and its regional variant Tamil-Brahmi was an early script used in the inscriptions in cave walls of Tamil Nadu and later evolved into the Tamil Vatteluttu script.[9] The Bhattiprolu script (also a variant of Brahmi, Kadamba script) of the early centuries BCE gave rise to Old-Kannada script also called Kannada-Telugu script and later developed into Kannada and Telugu scripts.

Tamil copper-plate inscriptions are mostly records of grants of villages or plots of cultivable lands to private individuals or public institutions by the members of the various South Indian royal dynasties. The grants range in date from the 10th century CE to the mid-19th century CE. A large number of them belong to the Chalukyas, the Cholas and the Vijayanagar kings. These plates are valuable epigraphically as they give us an insight into the social conditions of medieval South India and help fill chronological gaps to connect the history of the ruling dynasties.

Unlike the neighbouring states where early inscriptions were written in Sanskrit and Prakrit, the early inscriptions in Tamil Nadu used Tamil [13] along with some Prakrit. Tamil has the extant literature amongst the Dravidian languages, but dating the language and the literature precisely is difficult. Literary works in India were preserved either in palm leaf manuscripts (implying repeated copying and recopying) or through oral transmission, making direct dating impossible.[14] External chronological records and internal linguistic evidence, however, indicate that extant works were probably compiled sometime between the 4th century BCE and the 3th[clarification needed] century CE.[15][16][17] Epigraphic attestation of Tamil begins with rock inscriptions from the 3rd century BCE, written in Tamil-Brahmi, an adapted form of the Brahmi script.[18][19] The earliest extant literary text is the Tolkāppiyam, a work on poetics and grammar which describes the language of the classical period, dated variously between the 5th century BCE and the 2nd century CE.

As can be seen, there is no evidence of a massive gap between the earliest inscriptrions ( a few hundred years are not enough to both create a language & also form a script), the split must have occurred much earlier. There is no other explanation that makes sense.

Unlike the neighbouring states where early inscriptions were written in Sanskrit and Prakrit, the early inscriptions in Tamil Nadu used Tamil [13] along with some Prakrit.

This particular line is extremely interesting. If, as you suggest, the neighboring languages originated in Tamil, why did they chose to use Sanskrit & Prakrit & not Tamil. When another language script is used, it is the language of the region & not a supposed "origin language". The evidence seems pretty clear except to those who prefer to not see it.

Ya.

Avaa ellam hindila thaan pesindrikka ippo.

Why dont any of u go to bangalore or cochin to find out.

I have went both of the places you mentioned. Malayalam I was easily able to comprehend.
Bangalore, I coped up in local buses and autos in broken tamil and English. However I heard People talk Hindi in Bangalore , though only white collered jobs people and not the local ones, not much.

As I have said many times before. the linguists seem to disagree.The separation between Kannada & Tamil (& Tulu) or between proto Tamil-Kannada & Telugu is too far back as compared to a more recent split between Malayalam & Tamil. To imagine that Tamil would have been same as you suggest & other languages change that drastically is beyond common logic. Where are the Tamil inscriptions deep in the homeland of the Telugu & Kannada speakers if their language changed later. Other than the odd specimen of the script in areas close to Tamil lands, there aren't that many. There is no evidence, archaeological or linguistic to suggest remotely that people in the places where they now speak Kannada & Telugu were wholesale speakers of "Tamil". A couple of interesting links.

EPIGRAPHY - Inscriptions in Tamil Script

Kannada inscriptions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As can be seen, there is no evidence of a massive gap between the earliest inscriptrions ( a few hundred years are not enough to both create a language & also form a script), the split must have occurred much earlier. There is no other explanation that makes sense.

This particular line is extremely interesting. If, as you suggest, the neighboring languages originated in Tamil, why did they chose to use Sanskrit & Prakrit & not Tamil. When another language script is used, it is the language of the region & not a supposed "origin language". The evidence seems pretty clear except to those who prefer to not see it.

U keep running in cirlcle...

As i stated before...
the tamil works that are more than 2000 years old(tholkappiyam(its the fucking language grammar which we still use as it was written in 4 th century BC)),tirukural)are fully intelligible and same as the tamil used by us presently so the bolded part makes zero sense what so ever... and you telling me "ibeyond logic" is only beyond logic:coffee:

I cant make it more clear.. ask ur kannada friends to translate if it is still incomprehensible to you...

Grammar maybe same but there r major differences.

Periyar bit dust by shitting around like this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom