What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

"astronomical evidences" are not concrete evidences...
we have been trying to find rama's birth year using the same and nobody is able to conclusively accept any date...

They are the most concrete and precise evidence that one is ever going to get.

In many cases, they match with independent records where available.

E.g. Mahabharata's astronomical evidences match with the difference from Nanda period (as independently recorded by the Greeks) and the number of generations between Mahabharata and Nanda period in the Puranas.

This is also confirmed by the archaeological dating of the Dwarka city.

Im not putting down other languages...

Im not the one telling "learn hindi

Nor am I.

why should i consult those bunch of mororns !! u belive their word .. good for you!! Ram's pet name is : shyam sundar !!!

you are going off topic , we are discussing the Aryan history from early Aryan Rig Veda sources , not post Aryan Invasion Hinduism. Hope you know the difference.

you are going off topic , we are discussing the Aryan history from early Aryan Rig Veda sources , not post Aryan Invasion Hinduism. Hope you know the difference.
Someone is uncomfortable. :D
But wait - we have another gem -
We have two Hinduisms : Pre invasion and post Invasion. Now which one do I follow oh enlightened one? :azn:

There were some major colonial agenda regarding Aryan invasion theory. If you see the ancient history of North Europe there is no history of North Europe, you can even see such depiction in Hollywood movies based Roman era until they became Christians under Greeco-Roman influence of South Europe, the Renaissance and Age of discovery gave them world dominance. So, the Aryan invasion theory gave them point to a fake theory that White race gave superior Vedic civilization and everyone in Europe started to pretend as Aryan a symbol of white superiority, by this they filled historical voidness while this cultural theft gave nightmares to Indians. And the Aryan-Dravidian divide gave bonus to British to create a rift between North and south Indians trying to declare North Indians as invading race and South Indians as native race, but in the last strong belief in Hinduism acted as a greatest deterrent against Aryan-Dravidian bullcrap. Dravida wasn't a race but a geographical expression mainly extended to regions of Chola, Chera and Pandya.

Yes, I still find many tom, dick and Harry from Europe telling me how they have more claim on our Aryan heritage than brown skin Indians. :wacko:

Yes. Only the shared Dharma was strong enough to withstand this massive assault.

And the evidence from the Puranas actually prove that the migration was from India. There needs to be massive work done by Indian and international scholars to dig deeper into that evidence.

Shrikant Talageri has done great work in cross referencing the Puranas and Vedas (especially Rig veda) and I found his arguments on this quite convincing. They need to be taken further.

and Aryan gods : rama and krishna were black skinned too

Aryan gods?
I just swa some people arguing there were no Aryan-Dravdian division now they become Aryan gods.

And you must be from the planet Mars

Aryan gods are true but dravdians are false?
If aryan-Dravdian division is false and there is no race called dravdians..so who are those aryans?

We have two Hinduisms : Pre invasion and post Invasion. Now which one do I follow oh enlightened one? :azn:

I am not sure what the affiliations and nationality of this person is but he keeps on repeating the same rote learned stuff.

I don't think he needs to be taken seriously.

Aryan gods?
I just swa some people arguing there were no Aryan-Dravdian division now they become Aryan gods.

Aryan gods are true but dravdians are false?
If aryan-Dravdian division is false and there is no race called dravdians..so who are those aryans?

Aryan gods refer to the every gods of Hindus, Arya is not a race, it means 'noble' and the term is extended to cultural practises of Hinduism instead being a race.

If there Aryan-Dravdians divison is false then there must be no Aryans. Because first settlers were on south so they ought to be grew from so called dravdians.
Look bro - you believe whatever you want to believe. I don't want to be in a juvenile contest of racism. The scientists have done a good job, and this aryan crap is in the bin. I am not as knowledgeable as them, so I will take their word. The matters ends for me right there. :coffee: I am here just for the fun.

The Dasyu name sounds identical the Iranian tribe of Dahae but do you have any proof that black Skin referred to Dravidians, the same people they intermarried with. :lol::lol::lol: BTW I need to study the original Sanskrit verse since I know Sanskrit.

Was going to say the same.

The terms Asura/Daitya/Dasyu were used by the Iranian people for themselves.

There was no negative connotations to these terms during the early Rigvedic times. The word Asura meant celestial beings even before the word Deva in Rigveda itself.

Later on Asura became demon in Vedic literature and Deva became demon in Persian. Ahura Mazda was Vedic Varuna who was the king of Gods before Indra took it over in the Vedas. In Persian literature, Indra is a villain.

The term Dasyu was used by the Persians for themselves and had nothing to do with skin color or denigration of any kind originally.

The tom dick and Harry outside India have more claim on this pre-invasion Aryan Hinduism much more than their real descendants in India. :omghaha::omghaha:

I can't find what's this Ghnantah means. BTW here is the English translation, what this driving being referred to.

"Driving the black skin far away."

Rigvedic Sanskrit isn't what was taught to us in Schools. Any difficulty is hence understandable. Griffith's translations are essentially from the 1890s. But his work is cited almost everywhere for an English translation. If you find another author who has translated the RgVeda into English, do inform me.

Rigvedic Sanskrit isn't what was taught to us in Schools. Any difficulty is hence understandable. Griffith's translations are essentially from the 1890s. But his work is cited almost everywhere for an English translation. If you find another author who has translated the RgVeda into English, do inform me.

I was looking for the Hindi one, couldn't find any.

Was going to say the same.

The Aryan Dravidian crap had more to do with white supremacist crap, insulting Hinduism and 'divide and rule' for North vs South Indians. The cultural theft of the word 'Aryan' was badly misused by Europeans after they faked themselves as Aryans. While the Aryan has non-racial cultural meaning in both Hinduism and Zoroastrianism.

Dude, what I said was give it as an optional subject. When the demand increases the school can hire a teacher. Is it that difficult?

Also, many schools in towns follow the state board and hence have a good chance to not even ask if the student wants to learn Hindi. Cause hindi is altogether not present in the board.

But those who really want to learn will be glad they have an option.

Hindi is not available in govt schools . You should understand the politics behind it. I am pretty sure neither Kerala nor AP govt schools have Hindi. As for private schools, I can assure there is Hindi atleast till 8th medium.

Back
Top Bottom