What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

No, nothing in common that's why Tamilandu was the first state to fight for succession from India, but the Indo-Sino war in 1962 has put in on hold

thanx, I learn something new today.

No, nothing in common that's why Tamilandu was the first state to fight for succession from India, but the Indo-Sino war in 1962 has put in on hold

No DMK pussy has the heart to even take a lathi blow,forget about war.

All the warring people/castes never demanded secession.

You choose not to answer the question and call me prejudiced. You are incapable.

Let me answer it this way. If a Tamil guy comes to Delhi and he doesn't know English or Hindi while I know Tamil, it will be my duty to help out that guy by conversing with him in Tamil.

In a similar situation a Tamil who understands and speaks Hindi should converse with the Northie in Hindi if the Northie doesn't know Tamil or English. The problems is some Tamils who know Hindi will still not talk to the North Indian in hindi even when the see that the North Indian is struggling to communicate. This is what I have heard from some people. Never been to TN myself.

And yes there are Tamils who know Hindi. Tamils who have worked in Hindi speaking cities for long periods of time do speak some Hindi. Tamils even who have lived in Tamil Nadu all their life do sometimes speak Hindi if they watched Hindi movies or TV serials.

My boss in Delhi is a very senior advocate and is a Tamil. I meet his clients from TN some of who do speak and/or understand some Hindi.

Indians are much more connected to each other today than you would like to believe.

Lot of north indians assume this and am sure there are a few who do this purpose too,i have never done anything like this,whether it be a bhayya in chennai or a tam in delhi,i never shy away from helping people.

Azizam , I want to know one thing about Lankans. Are they very similar to South Indians?

On Topic:

Tamil and Hindi are completely different languages. Absolutely no similarities. Its very hard for a Tamilian to speak a 'foreign' language and same goes to Hindi speakers. I am a Bangla speaker. I can speak better Hindi than many Indian Hindi speakers. Its because Bangla and Hindi are very similar languages. Our alphabets are also same.

No they are not,please.

Bangla is heavily sanskritic and even Malayalam is.

That's all timepass,these guys were on a high when they formed the rule just go read what happened later and how sarkaria commision found out Karunanidhi's corruption.

if u r interested study in depth and learn,half baked knowledge helps none.

things hve changed for good in the last 15 years in tamilnadu in reference to hindi.

Says the person whose country has illegally occupied another country (Tibet), is at war with another part of its own (Taiwan) and is facing rampant militancy from a third (Uyighur society).

Talk about ceding and problems in our country when you are all good to go.

Why we are even discussing this////
Because the People's (not!) Republic of China is highly insecure about its own battles being fought inside against three countries that it is fighting within its own sphere.

LOL Happy living in England, China, Japan and Korea then, which language you believe a Tamilian chap will converse in other parts of his country English , Chinese, Japanese or Korean :o:

I said international not domestic reach (and Tamil has international reach compared to Hindi)

Can't answer to your hypothetical question, so far they seem to be doing OK .. but from what I know its the North Indians who are bulk migrating to the Southern Metros like B'lore, HYD, and Madras not vice versa.
Correct me if I am wrong

why this discussion??
ppl r taking this north vs south too seriously.....
btw,,,,south rocks:p:

I stayed 3 years in Chennai, during a conference call you would find Tamilians talking in Tamil.. I mean wth ? When they know that there are people who do not understand Tamil and then those tamlians are on that call cause they are expected to know English, why speak in Tamil?
Can anyone a answer?

The same thing applies for bunch of northies in a conference with a lone tamilian. Will they speak in English just because Tamilian don't know Hindi?
Hypocrisy

Nowhere did I state the bold part. You are deliberately twisting my words and intentions. Anyway, I am done. Nobody is forcing you to learn Hindi. Don't learn it
I have completed equivalent to BA-Literature in Hindi so I know what I'm talking about.
You didn't still answer my question..how did you figure out that particular Tamilian know Hindi but he opted not to speak? You can read his mind?

Suddenly, they forget that India has hundreds of languages and that we dont have so many coins - at that time they will be comfortable in letting the tribal languages go and stick with major Indian languages for coins/notes/etc - tamil being one of them(coincidentally ofcourse)..!
India has some 2o official language recognized by GOI. So its feasible to give equality for these languages in all the way to have more united India. This is for the sake of united India I'm talking.

When there is disrespect and inequality then its possible for a foreign power to easily divide us. So its better you people will understand.

Back
Top Bottom