What's new

Who will Sikhs Support?

Seems to me Pakistanis live in hope of creating turmoil in india by igniting sikh rebellion.

I think the sikhs are to smart for that move by pakistan.

India ike the west is a multi faith nation

Sikhs will be always be loyal to the country they live in, that is without a doubt. Infact, in all conflicts, Sikh regiment has been at the forefront; from the Pakistani front, to Chinese front to even down south in Sri Lanka. It was the Sikh regiment who fought some of the most tight fougth battles.

That aside, yes there are genuine Sikh grievances against the Indian government. One of them is that the Indian constitution even refuses to recognize the Sikh religion. Article 25 of the constitution fails to provide Sikhs, Buddhists and Jains with their rightful religious identity. Sikhs are forced to get married under the "Hindu marriage Act", despite Sikhs demanding that discriminatory law be changed for the past 60 years. Even Pakistan has passed the Anand Karj Act which gives Sikhs their very important distinct identity. And than there are other grievances; such as branding of holy cities. Sikh parties have demanded that Amritsar be labelled a holy city and all alcohol and tobacco be banned from that city. Rather than doing this, there are government run thekas (alcohol selling places) right outside the Golden Temple!! If this is not provocation I don't know what is! And than there is the case of Hindu parties like RSS and BJP trying to re-write Sikh history. In the whole Indian media and Bollywood there is a propaganda war against Sardars, in order to ashame Sikhs of their identity and get them away from their religion.

This is one of the funniest thread i have ever visited in this forum :D

Obviously the majority of Sikhs will support India. I understand there are some seperatist movements but they are not in majority.

Thanks for entertaining me with this thread

Will Sikhs support and fight against India in case of all out war between India and Pakistan?

This is such a stupid thread. With the exception of a few, Sikhs are pro-Indian, although some do claim about the discrimination. Why would they support Pakistan? Just like some Afghans, some Sikhs still dream of getting their Punjab back ... :rofl::rofl:

and have you seen all the anti-Pakistani films by Sunny Deol ? I haven't seen any of them as I am a big fan of old classic Bollywood films only... but I have read the plot of Gaddar - Ek Prem Katha and seen some parts of the film on youtube...

Gaddar was based on the famous and true love story of a Punjabi Muslim Girl named Sakina and some Sikh guy. Sakina was saved by Boota Singh during partition. Boota Singh later marries Sakina and have a daughter with her. When both Indian/Pakistani governments start returning abducted women from both sides of the border, Sakina is sent back to Pakistan too to her brothers and father. Boota Singh who is truely in love with her... comes to Pakistan in search for her. Boota even converts to Islam and asks the Judge to let Sakina express her views. Sakina is forced by her brothers and father to disown her husband and her daughter too.

Broken hearted, Boota takes himself and her daughter and tries to attempt suicide by placing himself and daughter under the coming train. Boota dies, but the daughter is saved and people bury Boota Singh. Next day Sakina relatives try to open his grave and somehow the public learns about it, and then there is a big hoola hoopla. People of Lahore bury him full honor as he died a Muslim and decorate his grave with flowers.. and Boota Singh becomes a Legend as far as true love stories are concerned (This True Story is mentioned in the Book - Freedom At Midnight)

Now what Sunny Deol did.. he butchered this innocent love story to suit his Anti-Pakistani Agenda and in the later half completely diverts from the true story.

One really funny thing I find about the film is that the setting is Lahore city... but Amisha Patel and her Mom are wearing gararas, Men are wearing Indian Muslim type Pajamas, Sherwanis and Jinnah cap... :D... and big big havelis ... all the stereotypes associated with Indian Muslims.. Sunny Deol as a Punjabi Jatt should know that Punjabi women rarely wear Gararas... and men hardly wear Sherwanis and Pajamas in day to day lives... The setting of the film looks more like what we associate with U.P especially Lucknow, as compared to Lahore... :rofl::rofl:

This is such a stupid thread. With the exception of a few, Sikhs are pro-Indian, although some do claim about the discrimination. Why would they support Pakistan? Just like some Afghans, some Sikhs still dream of getting their Punjab back ... :rofl::rofl:

and have you seen all the anti-Pakistani films by Sunny Deol ? I haven't seen any of them as I am a big fan of old classic Bollywood films only... but I have read the plot of Gaddar - Ek Prem Katha and seen some parts of the film on youtube...

Gaddar was based on the famous and true love story of a Punjabi Muslim Girl named Sakina and some Sikh guy. Sakina was saved by Boota Singh during partition. Boota Singh later marries Sakina and have a daughter with her. When both Indian/Pakistani governments start returning abducted women from both sides of the border, Sakina is sent back to Pakistan too to her brothers and father. Boota Singh who is truely in love with her... comes to Pakistan in search for her. Boota even converts to Islam and asks the Judge to let Sakina express her views. Sakina is forced by her brothers and father to disown her husband and her daughter too.

Broken hearted, Boota takes himself and her daughter and tries to attempt suicide by placing himself and daughter under the coming train. Boota dies, but the daughter is saved and people bury Boota Singh. Next day Sakina relatives try to open his grave and somehow the public learns about it, and then there is a big hoola hoopla. People of Lahore bury him full honor as he died a Muslim and decorate his grave with flowers.. and Boota Singh becomes a Legend as far as true love stories are concerned (This True Story is mentioned in the Book - Freedom At Midnight)

Now what Sunny Deol did.. he butchered this innocent love story to suit his Anti-Pakistani Agenda and in the later half completely diverts from the true story.

One really funny thing I find about the film is that the setting is Lahore city... but Amisha Patel and her Mom are wearing gararas, Men are wearing Indian Muslim type Pajamas, Sherwanis and Jinnah cap... :D... and big big havelis ... all the stereotypes associated with Indian Muslims.. Sunny Deol as a Punjabi Jatt should know that Punjabi women rarely wear Gararas... and men hardly wear Sherwanis and Pajamas in day to day lives... The setting of the film looks more like what we associate with U.P especially Lucknow, as compared to Lahore... :rofl::rofl:

Exactly, Bollywood caters to the Indian audience, not Pakistanis.

For someone that hasn't watched the entire movie, you sure know a lot about it. :azn:

Exactly, Bollywood caters to the Indian audience, not Pakistanis.

For someone that hasn't watched the entire movie, you sure know a lot about it. :azn:

As I said, I am a big Bollywood fan.. but I like classic Black and White movies... I haven't seen Gaddar completely, but there were some random parts available on Youtube. I really don't have much time to watch such jingoistic one dimensional movies, who only portray one side as the perfect one and the other completely evil...

but Pakistanis did a very good job with their answer to "Gaddar" - "Teray Pyar Mein" in which Sikh girl runs to Pakistan with her Pakistani Muslim hubby.

Now thinking about it... why Indian movies (even the ones with good intentions like Veer Zara) always show Muslim girl falling in love with Sikh and Hindu guy... and Pakistani movies show Hindu/Sikh girl falling in love with Muslim guy? Guyz are in denial or shame to admit that the REVERSE don't happen... or something to do with the Patriarchial nature of our societies.. ;):D

The setting of the film looks more like what we associate with U.P especially Lucknow, as compared to Lahore...

If you have seen the film and visited Lahore, you would have known how different Lahore is from Lucknow... girlz don't wear ghararas at home, speak flowery urdu, guyz don't wear chori daar pajamas.. But then you guyz are in the habit of believing in Bollywood propaganda.. without doing some research of your own and thinking outside the box.. :devil: :D

Pakistani movies show Hindu/Sikh girl falling in love with Muslim guy? Guyz are in denial or shame to admit that the REVERSE don't happen... or something to do with the Patriarchial nature of our societies.. ;):D

The Hindu/Sikh girl always stares and smiles at me while the short guy next to me always gets jealous. :lol:

Now thinking about it... why Indian movies (even the ones with good intentions like Veer Zara) always show Muslim girl falling in love with Sikh and Hindu guy... and Pakistani movies show Hindu/Sikh girl falling in love with Muslim guy?Guyz are in denial or shame to admit that the REVERSE don't happen... or something to do with the Patriarchial nature of our societies.. ;):D

Movies are Movies,In reality, our Muslim film stars in most cases always
( Sharuk, Aamir, Salman, Saif) marry or have/had Hindu girls as their love interest. That is why the bollywood movies want to show the other side. I can't comment on lollywood movies since I haven't seen any yet.

Sunny Deol just starred in the movie. He didn't make it. I am sure you can tell the difference between an actor and a producer/director/writer!

look this is a stupid thread, if you guys are hoping to capitalise on the khalistan idea its time is long gone...It was a reality 25 years ago and maybe the thing might have evovlved into something back in the day now the situation has drastically changed. People who will vouch for Khalistan still are either those who have never been to Indian Punjab or have been living outside India for a LONG time. Khalistan is no longer a movement, its a memory and it might be a cherished memory at best thats all there is to it.

To question if sikhs will rebel against India or not, well you gotta ask why would they rebel against India ? because they have beef with hindus you might say ? well they had beef with muslims too that doesnt change anything. Sikh's in india have mellowed into India's mainstream society and are no longer a separate entity, rather they are part of the mainstream India. India is their Khalistan now

Sunny Deol just starred in the movie. He didn't make it. I am sure you can tell the difference between an actor and a producer/director/writer!

Yes I know.. but.. he is the who used to appear in most anti-pakistani films. In Pakistan, people think of Sunny Deol when they think of Anti-Pakistani films.

look this is a stupid thread, if you guys are hoping to capitalise on the khalistan idea its time is long gone...It was a reality 25 years ago and maybe the thing might have evovlved into something back in the day now the situation has drastically changed. People who will vouch for Khalistan still are either those who have never been to Indian Punjab or have been living outside India for a LONG time. Khalistan is no longer a movement, its a memory and it might be a cherished memory at best thats all there is to it.

To question if sikhs will rebel against India or not, well you gotta ask why would they rebel against India ? because they have beef with hindus you might say ? well they had beef with muslims too that doesnt change anything. Sikh's in india have mellowed into India's mainstream society and are no longer a separate entity, rather they are part of the mainstream India. India is their Khalistan now

Thanks man. Hope people on the forum listen to you. I have been saying the same things on over 3 different threads for the past month, still these stupid posts keep popping up.

Anyways, like your avatar. Max Payne's my fav PC game! :cheers:

Thanks man. Hope people on the forum listen to you. I have been saying the same things on over 3 different threads for the past month, still these stupid posts keep popping up.

Anyways, like your avatar. Max Payne's my fav PC game! :cheers:

lol chavlan marday saray, khalistan is a fanboy fantasy in Pakistan just like balouchistan is in India

Back
Top Bottom