What's new

Who will Sikhs Support?

None of you commented on the Brahmin domination in India. Care to explain why?

And Yes they do join the Indian Army to escape sheer poverty, as most recruits are from rural India anyways.

Thanks for proving my point mate.

Excellent twisting .......of whatever to suit your mindset....

"Brahmin Domination".....Hmm.......An old concept but still big in Pakistani Minds........

do a few army generals, some politicians and some bollywood actors constitute a reflection for the plight of the average sikh?

back to fuzzy indian logic again!

Alrite...

The Sikhs have been tormented for ages in India.
The Sikhs are most economically backward people in India and have been neglected for decades.
The Sikhs hate India and want separate country.

So... Enjoying your wet dreams?

Now back to some FACTS -

Apart from the early 1980s events, the Sikhs have a cherished history within the Republic of India.

Punjab, the land of Sikhs, has the 4th highest per capita income in India and a GDP growth rate of 12.5% for 2006-07.

If Sikhs really want a separate country, then why hasn't there been a single major Khalistan related activity within India since 1985? Why do Sikhs represent a major component of the Indian Armed Forces even though less than 4% of Indian population is actually Sikh? Why do Sikhs routinely vote for Indian national parties like INC and BJP and its allies like Akali Dal?

Now, scream, yell, put forward all weird theories. It is not going to make any difference. So, continue with your wet dreams. Looking at the current reality in Pakistan, most Pakistanis are used to living in their dreamworld so as to escape their real hardships. And this entire thread is a good example of the weird dreams people are having nowadays.

To Indian members - seriously, stop arguing here. There is no point trying to wake someone up who is used to day-dreaming.

None of you commented on the Brahmin domination in India. Care to explain why?

And Yes they do join the Indian Army to escape sheer poverty, as most recruits are from rural India anyways.

Thanks for proving my point mate.

Btw brahmin are DOMINATING IN INDIA ?

INFECT - brahmins are facing biggest opression in india. with all this quota system.

where allminorities get reservation in - colleges , schools , jobs , even house scheme runby goverment . now even private firm have to give quota to - minorities.

just tell me howmany - brhamins are on top posts in india ?????

be it politics , bollywood , cricket or bureaucratic jobs. :coffee:

Last edited:
to be cannon fodder for their hindu overlords
you think they are bunch of idiots,ha...sikhs are one of the most industrious smart peopel around and punjab is the one of the most properous state inside india.

Never make such stupid statements in front of a sikh...it might create a health hazard for u.

Alrite...

The Sikhs are most economically backward people in India and have been neglected for decades.

if you were calm and not so angry you would realise i am more on your side than what some pakistani's are saying, however you are merely on the other side of the extreme

sikhs say it themsleves, not to me but in front of hindu's, they realise that they are the tip of the indian spear against pakistan, that they are an important component of the indian forces and always have been thus they know their importance and some now and again remind their hindu friends of this (note i said friends)

i.e. we are the guys who shed our blood for india more than you guys (proportionally), if it were not for us india could be in trouble!

Alrite...

Now back to some FACTS -

Apart from the early 1980s events, the Sikhs have a cherished history within the Republic of India.

Punjab, the land of Sikhs, has the 4th highest per capita income in India and a GDP growth rate of 12.5% for 2006-07.

If Sikhs really want a separate country, then why hasn't there been a single major Khalistan related activity within India since 1985? Why do Sikhs represent a major component of the Indian Armed Forces even though less than 4% of Indian population is actually Sikh? Why do Sikhs routinely vote for Indian national parties like INC and BJP and its allies like Akali Dal?

Now, scream, yell, put forward all weird theories. It is not going to make any difference. So, continue with your wet dreams. Looking at the current reality in Pakistan, most Pakistanis are used to living in their dreamworld so as to escape their real hardships. And this entire thread is a good example of the weird dreams people are having nowadays.

To Indian members - seriously, stop arguing here. There is no point trying to wake someone up who is used to day-dreaming.

These kids dont realize is that their PAPA Gen zia had same theory of 1000 cuts but accidentally inflicted 900 wounds on himself.:rofl:

Thats why bhutto asked him to wear burqua :woot:

I would love pakistan sticking to this freedom fighter and splitting India crap. Mind you, 200 terrorist attacks in 3 years and look at their wet dreams.

I love pakistan and pakistanis :pakistan:

Excellent twisting .......of whatever to suit your mindset....

"Brahmin Domination".....Hmm.......An old concept but still big in Pakistani Minds........

It's not only on the minds but also in our hearts which you can't remove because our ancestors gave up their lives and belonging to the Brahmin imperialists for our better tomorrow.

I have no hate for India but the Brahmin imperialist elite that has usurped the rights of the minorities Sikhs and muslims alike.

I'm glad that at least you accepted the Brahmin domination of India for once.

As a matter of fact the Khalistan movement is still very much alive in the hearts and minds of Sikhs. Check out their website

Khalistan.net - Khalistan the New Global Reality

sikhs say it themsleves, not to me but in front of hindu's, they realise that they are the tip of the indian spear against pakistan, that they are an important component of the indian forces and always have been thus they know their importance and some now and again remind their hindu friends of this (note i said friends)

i.e. we are the guys who shed our blood for india more than you guys (proportionally), if it were not for us india could be in trouble!

India is a such big, humungous nation that comprise of population more than ten times of pakistan and its security isnt dependent on any specific section or group of people...okay.

U must come to india for once ...live in any of its many big cities...I'm sure...u and others of ur ilk'll be so overwhelmed with its sheer pace and dynamics one sees on its streets that ur most mis conception about india's strength woud be lost in its human sea.

India is a such big, humungous nation that comprise of population more than ten times of pakistan and its security isnt dependent on any specific section or group of people...okay.

U must come to india for once ...live in any of its many big cities...I'm sure...u and others of ur ilk'll be so overwhelmed with its sheer pace and dynamics one sees on its streets that ur most mis conception about india's strength woud be lost in its human sea.

look i am not denying this, the point is that sikhs seem to mainly regard themselves as the tip of the indian spear, currently and historically.

You're my friend living in a lala land full of bollywood mythical Indian nationalism

Sikhs in pretty much around the globe but not in India cuz they're banned, celebrate "Khalsa Day" even in Canada to mark their struggle for a separate homeland

Khalsa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have fun reading mate :pakistan:

I live in India,work with sikhs all day. All these fanciful thoughts are wishful thinking in the minds of those trying to ' find' or invent some way to get even.

Wiki is not a good idea to quote here.

Also , for academic interests sake,a separate "homeland" for Sikhs would include W Punjab also with Lahore as its capital... are you ready ?:pop:

3)In case of a war with India they generally will be the first to participate(they are near the frontline)

exactly, they also have a disproportional representation in the armed forces and have been regarded as protectors of india, that is all i was saying, hindu's highly regard the contributions sikhs have made for indian defence in sacrificing their blood, and some sikhs are well aware of this, nothing controversial here.

Btw brahmin are DOMINATING IN INDIA ?

INFECT - brahmins are facing biggest opression in india. with all this quota system.

where allminorities get reservation in - colleges , schools , jobs , even house scheme runby goverment . now even private firm have to give quota to - minorities.

just tell me howmany - brhamins are on top posts in india ?????

be it politics , bollywood , cricket or bureaucratic jobs. :coffee:
Brahmins facing oppression in India? haha, that's like the joke of the century

They've usurped the land and resources of the minorities the past 100 yrs or so serving the British, and now the quota system has suddenly put them in a recession and halted their progress. Perfect. Thats about as far as you could go in finding justification for their atrocities against the Indian masses eh?

I live in India,work with sikhs all day. All these fanciful thoughts are wishful thinking in the minds of those trying to ' find' or invent some way to get even.

Wiki is not a good idea to quote here.

Also , for academic interests sake,a separate "homeland" for Sikhs would include W Punjab also with Lahore as its capital... are you ready ?:pop:
You havn't answered any of my concerns so I presume that you're not capable of discussing your very own affairs.

Sikhs in Punjab never revolted against Pakistan because they've been treated quite fairly as equal citizens before the law. even our religious political parties recognize them as equal citizens and speak of upholding their rights. even though they're a very small minority, unlike the Indian Punjab, it is a non-issue.

This thread is hilarious. It also proves to what extent some Pakistani members will go to prove their nonexistent point.

The reality is that much of the Sikh community lives in rural India to this day and they have a deep-rooted hatred for Hindu Brahmins elite that literally dominate India in all spheres of life whether its political governance or corporate hubs in India and exploit the poor masses.

Wait...hold the phone!! The Brahmin elite dominates India? Are you saying that Brahmins have subjugated the rest of us? Well thank you my good sir opening my eyes to this hindu brahmin imperialism. Obviously, as a Pakistani, you would have more knowledge about India then Indians themselves.

Now don't stuff Manmohan Singh's example into this argument because he's more of a figurehead work horse hired by Hindu Imperialists to do a supposed "good job".

So what you're saying is that the thousands of Sikhs in the Indian army are actually doing the bidding of Hindu Brahmin imperialists. Again, i thank thee for opening my eyes.

This is not to imply that they all love Pakistan, however, this is to highlight that the Sikh community is no doubt very much against the Brahmin imperalism that dominates the country

Yes sir, Brahmin imperialists and those damn joos are evil. It is in their psyche to dominate the world. Thank god we have members like you to inform us of the truth. Keep on the good fight against the Hindu-zionist imperialists.

Well, Sikhs today can be divided into two groups, one who live/work abroad (mainly USA, UK, Canada, Aus-NZ) and those who live and seek out a living in India. While I am an Indian citizen my visits abroad have made me aware of the differences in opinions of these two groups when it comes to Khalistan.

The NRI Sikhs have mostly been drawn from rural Punjab whose ancestors came quite a while ago and were significantly impacted by the religous-political conflicts in India. I find them very antogonistic towards India as a whole and supportive of Khalistan. In fact they consider themselves Sikhs/Punjabis first rather than Indians. The Khalistan themed rallies in Surrey, a Sikh dominated suburb of Vancouver and in Toronto are proof enough of their support for Khalistan.

The Sikhs in India are although psychologically hurt by what happened in 1984 still support India in all respects. I for one will never be able to forget what happened in 1984, whosoever's fault it may be. I have worked with NGOs helping women/youth rebuild their lives after 1984 and the tales of massacre and rampage that they told were heart wrenching! Still, in my view hardly 1% of Indian Sikhs would support Khalistan. The reasons for tha many, for starters khalistan that was to comprise of most of Punjab doesnt belong only to the Sikhs alone. But I guess this is best saved for another thread.

What happened then was wrong and is a black spot on Indian democracy. But I certainly dont find 1984 as a reason enough to betray my country. Hate begets hate and violence begets violence. I'd much rather be strong myself and help fight my country against a common enemy, be it Pakistan or China then watch on the sidelines.

And a word for my Pakistani posters here, we do speak the same language as you do in West Punjab but that's not reason enough to join you. For all you know, us facing each other will certainly liven up a battle with the choicest Punjabi abuses for each other!

Back
Top Bottom