What's new

Who Was The Best Fighter Pilot Ever ?

Rehan Niaz Falcon..Srfraz rafiqu i have no words other than simply the best.

Rules of Engagement were not followed. Under no circumstances would you cease the rules of engagement as a professional pilot but will follow and apply the tactics taught during exercises/operations/peace time missions and so on..But tactics apply when you are Engaged.

READ THE PAKISTAN AIR FORCE HISTORY AND TRY TO GET AERIAL PHOTO REALS FROM THE LIABRARY OF CONGRESS, THEY HAVE A TRUNK FULL OF CINE AS WELL AS THE ONES SHOT BY MEDIA, I KNOW BECAUSE I FLEW THE TRUNK FULL OF FILMS TO AQYAB, BURMA IN A AGRO AVIATION AIRCRAFT AFTER THE WAR IN 1971.
SHAMS

Hon sir,

You fought for my motherland. In my book you have full right to claim being the best. Whether you were indeed the best is immaterial.

You are a brave son of the soil with an SJ; you will be always be among the heros that I respect and admire to my dying day.

I salute you.

Originally Posted by SHAMS SJ
READ THE PAKISTAN AIR FORCE HISTORY AND TRY TO GET AERIAL PHOTO REALS FROM THE LIABRARY OF CONGRESS, THEY HAVE A TRUNK FULL OF CINE AS WELL AS THE ONES SHOT BY MEDIA, I KNOW BECAUSE I FLEW THE TRUNK FULL OF FILMS TO AQYAB, BURMA IN A AGRO AVIATION AIRCRAFT AFTER THE WAR IN 1971.
SHAMS

Sir, why isnt this cine film available with the PAF or the GoP - wasnt this the property of GoP?

It is very heart breaking, when I see you the PAF jocks discuss the Ace Pilots of the world and forget about your own. Our PAF history is so distorted that some of you dont even know the names of Pilots, whoes deeds made PAF famous all over the world. I for one shot 4 (four) enemy aircraft in one combat sortie over Dacca with hundreds of ground witnesses, yet I see some of you looking for the right Shamsul Haq. That is me, now known as SHAMS CHOHAAN. Add the SJ. I now live in USA schohaan@yahoo.com. For once correct the History. And be proud of some of us that fought the forgotten war. On the other hand any pilot could have done what the now famous M.M.Alam did ( no big deal, peace of cake).

if you are the real shams..........then we would like to hear from you the details of air operations done during Operation Searchlight in March-April-May 1971.............

Tell us HOW much of the runway was destroyed on 7th December because C-130s of RAF landed on Dacca after the destruction of runway...........C-130s had come to evacuate US and British citizens.......

Why PAF did not try any Dacca highway for take-off and landing purposes?

Why were the F-86 Sabres not blown up with bombs etc instead of leaving them as victory souvenirs to the Indian Forces?

Sir,

Rafiqui was shot down by and average indian pilot---.

The indian pilot made the move to get behind Rafiqui and shot him----if Rafiqui was that great---it would not have happened.

It is stated that Rafiqui's guns got jammed---so instead of saving his plane and a million dollar pilot----he chose to hang around faking tail chases---.

He broke the cardinal rule----stayed in the battlefield when his aircraft was not battle worthy---.

You can't build a battleship in the middle of a short war---you cannot produce a superstar pilot in two weeks.

I want to know what did he get out of it by hanging around----after his guns jammed---he was pretty much neutralized within 30 seconds maybe 45. So---what did he do?

dear u need to listen story of C .Chaudhry once. He remained there in order to protect other two ... cos flt.younis.s aircrafts drop tanks were jammed too ... and he remained there for long time and during that that time two one indian air craft was shot down and chaudher survived ... he was brave and tactical.. in that encounter paf shot 3 at the cost of 2. and check the no of aircrafts that challended them.......

SHAMS SJ is as real as it gets.I have spoken to him with via email several times. SHAMS SJ = Flight Lieutenant Shams Chauhan Have 3 confirmed kills over Dhaka and one unconfirmed kill!

☪☪☪☪;1172074 said:
SHAMS SJ is as real as it gets.I have spoken to him with via email several times. SHAMS SJ = Flight Lieutenant Shams Chauhan Have 3 confirmed kills over Dhaka and one unconfirmed kill!

3 Confirmed? That is great. How did the confirmations occur?

Last edited:
MR SAIFUL AZAM GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE MAKING COMMENTS. I SHOT MORE THAN 3 IN 1971 IN DACCA, MOST OF THE YOUNG PILOTS ARE CONFUSED AND KEEP CHATTING ABOUT ME IN DIFFERENT FORUMS, MAYBE THE WHOLE LOT OF THE AIR FORCE CADRE SHOULD EITHER VISIT THE PAF MUSEUM IN KARACHI. AND OR READ THE ACTUAL FACTS ABOUT THE 1971 WAR.
REGARDS
SHAMS A..CHOHAAN
MOHAMMAD SHAMSUL HAQ SJ

WHO EVER ASKED FOR CONFORMATION, CALL ME OR ASK SOME RETIRED OFFICERS WHO MAY OPEN YOUR EYES OR BETTER YET GO VISIT THEMUSEUM IN KARACHI AND LEARN THE HISTORY.
MOHAMMAD SHAMSUL HAQ SJ
SHAMS CHOHAAN ( MY CURRENT NAME) AND YES I SHOT 4 A/C.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

[images had disappeared over the 2 years since i posted them and there was no edit option]

off topic but this one is nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Hans Joachim Marseille

Hans Joachim Marseille

Aggressive and flamboyant.. This is the characteristic of a true great fighter pilot.

-
Marseille's self-training program
Vision - Marseille decided to adapt his eyes to the powerful desert sun and the dry desert atmosphere and to adapt his body to the desert's conditions. He stopped wearing sun glasses, deliberately exposed his eyes to the desert sun, and shifted from alcohol to milk. He also noticed that in the intensely lit dry desert atmosphere, aircraft can be detected from greater distances than over Europe and deduced that hiding and surprise are less practical over the desert than in the cloudy sky over Europe.

-G-Force - Marseille worked endlessly to strengthen his abdominal and leg muscles in order to enhance his ability to sustain higher G-Force and for longer durations during dogfights better than the average fighter pilot. G-Force is the enormous centrifugal force experienced when a fighter aircraft makes sharp turns during dogfight. The modern G-suit that helps pilots sustain it was not yet invented in World War 2.

-Aerobatics - Marseille used every opportunity to perform breathtaking aerobatics. In addition to free entertainment to his friends on the ground, this also gave him an outstanding control and confidence in extremely maneuvering his Messerschmitt 109 aircraft.

-Marksmanship - Marseille spent his unused ammunition practicing firing at ground objects and trained a lot not just in plain strafing but also in high deflection shooting while in a sharp turn, which is much harder.

-Intelligence - he began to read every possible intelligence information he could find in order to maximize his knowledge and understanding of the enemy.

-Tactics - That's where Marseille marked himself as a great innovator of air warfare, and he kept improving. He claimed that in the perfect visual conditions over the desert, large formations are in a visual disadvantage against highly maneuvering single aircraft. He preferred to fight alone, with a single wingman providing warnings from a safe distance. He claimed that when fighting alone in a short range dogfight, he could quickly fire at anything he saw, while the attacked formation's pilots were confused, hesitated, and switched to a defensive position that further increased the lone attacker's chances. He also claimed that fighting alone eliminates the high risk of firing at or colliding with a wingman in such extreme maneuvering. Marseille said that in such conditions, there's a lower chance and too little time for the usual chase attack method, and preferred to use high angle deflection firing from short range while making a sharp turn. In doing so, he never used his gun sight and instead fired a very short burst at the passing target in the split second when its leading edge, its propeller, disappeared from his eyes behind his aircraft's nose. He calculated that when firing a short burst at this position, his gun rounds will hit the target's engine and cockpit, and he trained in this unorthodox aiming method on his friends (without firing) many times and perfected his ability to use it. He deduced that over the desert, a fighter pilot can become "invisible" only by extreme maneuvers at close range, and that the intensity of the maneuvering was more important than the speed of flying.

Sir: Kindly stop using capital letters - it is considered shouting. That is, unless you were shouting, in which case why?. When you claim that you shot down 4 or 3 Indian Air Force fighters in combat over Dacca in December 1971, I think that asking how they happened and what was the confirmation process is a pertinent question.

So please either answer the question or stop shouting. Just because someone CLAIMS a kill does not make it so. That you saw combat is of no doubt, that you shot down 3 or 4 is of considerable speculation because the record does NOT support it (PAF Official records notwithstanding), unfortunately, hence the question of confirmation.

Air Commodore (r) Kaiser Tufail has done remarkable work on analyzing the combat record and has done marvelous research and reporting both in Pakistan and in India. For example, he visited India and met up with Indian Air Force combat veterans, including the one who shot down Rafiqui and wrote a wonderful account of that meeting - do a web search on him and you will see what I mean.

Air Commodore (r) Sajad Haider has a written a marvelous best seller (it was in its 3rd publication last I recall) and his account of the Dacca pilots is quite different from yours. He has devoted several pages of his book to YOU and YOUR fellow pilots who were sent to Sargodha after repatriation from Burma. Do you remember that?

All of the above are available for you to discuss your record.

Back
Top Bottom