What's new

Who Was The Best Fighter Pilot Ever ?

Robin_Olds_during_vietnam_war.jpg

Col. Robin Olds was fairly worshipped by his men. He was a rare individual that combined superb airmanship with outstanding leadership. His men would have flown through hell with him. RIP sir.

To answer the question, the World's Greatest Fighter Pilot was.....

Me. :woot:

Every fighter guy thinks he was or is the best. It comes with the territory. You've got to be superbly confident. :tongue:

Col. Robin Olds was fairly worshipped by his men. He was a rare individual that combined superb airmanship with outstanding leadership. His men would have flown through hell with him. RIP sir.

To answer the question, the World's Greatest Fighter Pilot was.....

Me.
:woot:

Every fighter guy thinks he was or is the best. It comes with the territory. You've got to be superbly confident. :tongue:

With that gun, i am not surprised sir !!........just out of interest, what's your take on Pakistan's M M Alam. and a Saiful Azam. He achieved a lot more than the top gun slot.

sua_05.jpg

With that gun, i am not surprised sir !!........just out of interest, what's your take on Pakistan's M M Alam. and a Saiful Azam. He achieved a lot more than the top gun slot.

sua_05.jpg

'....In the year of our Lord, nineteen hundred and sixty-one...'

lolz. America has come a long way since then, i suppose. :woot:

'....In the year of our Lord, nineteen hundred and sixty-one...'

lolz. America has come a long way since then, i suppose. :woot:

Hardly. You only need to watch a few youtube videos of the evangelical pastors to realize that the US has gone back not forward.

I'm not familiar with pilot Azam. Not to take anything away from him, but the "top gun" certificate means he had the best strafing scores in class 61-G at Luke. There are 12 classes per year, and each class would have a strafe top gun guy. It is an award handed out to each graduating class.

Squadrons will typically rank their pilots in some form each month, so in a given month, Joe Bagadonuts would be top gun, then another guy would take it next month. It's simply a way to keep pilots fired up and competitive.

As I mentioned before, I don't think there is a way to quantify this. Pilot Azam might be the Red Baron reincarnated... hard to say! I'm sure he was an extremely talented guy.

Back
Top Bottom