What's new

Who Was The Best Fighter Pilot Ever ?

List of the pilots whom I am known, heard or read, given below.

1. MM Alam
2. Allaudin Ahmed Butch
3. Jamal A Khan
4. Hakim ullah
5. F S Hussain
6. Masroor Hussain
7. Sarfraz A Rafiqui
8. Middle Coat
1. MHK Dotani (above 6000 hrs flying served in PAF & abu dhabi AF)
2. Sattar Alvi (2 kills in 1973 yom kippur war)
3. Hasnat Ahmed
4. Shams ul Haq (As F/O he shot 3 IAF aircrafts on 03.12.1971)
5. Abdur Razzaq
6. Khalid Mehmood (3 kills in soviet afghan war)
7. Athar Bukhari
8. Kaiser Tufail

At least we can discuss them...some have experince of both wars, one war, we can discuss their records, performance in exercises, dogfights etc.

1 MM Alam Retired living a happy life.
2 Butch KIA
2 Jamal made COAS
3 Hakim made COAS
4 Masroor Dead
5 Sarfraz A Rafiqui KIA
6 Middle C KIA
7 Sattar Alvi retired at home ( He has 1 kill dreamer )
8 Hasnat Dead Fighter crashed.
9 Razzaq Deied with Musaf
10 khalid M heart problem retired now consultant with PAC JF-17.
11Ather is seving AVM will become the DCAS OPS one day and might become the COAS one day
12 Kaiser retied Heart problem consultant PAF.

Last edited:
My favorite PAF pilot is MHK Dotani..the coolest PAF Fighter Pilot
maybe other PAF pilots are cool too but I think Pervez Shamim and MHK Dotani both are very cool guys!!:smitten::smitten:.MM ALAM is also very good fighter pilot and Sarfarz Rafiqiue a very patriotic pakistani who gave life for his country :pakistan::pakistan: MHK is the only PAF Pilot to fly F-16 supersonic with artificial leg!He kicked some serious *** when he flew F-16 and the people who used to say you cant fly anymore came to him and asked him to train them.

Last edited:
My favorite PAF pilot is MHK Dotani..the coolest PAF Fighter Pilot
maybe other PAF pilots are cool too but I think PShamim and MHK Dotani both are very cool guys!!:smitten::smitten:.MM ALAM is also very good fighter pilot and Sarfarz Rafiqiue a very patriotic pakistani who gave life for his country :pakistan::pakistan: MHK is the only PAF Pilot to fly F-16 supersonic with artificial leg!He kicked some serious *** when he flew F-16 and the people who used to say you cant fly anymore came to him and asked him to train them.

Problem with Dotani was he rose to the ranks very fast because of his flying skills When people went to Pakistani staff college he went to USA when people went to Islamabad he went to UK in total he did 21 foreign courses he was a natural, In PAF you get the best if you are best in Air , Holds 2 kills in Indo pak war claimed by his Officer Commanding ( never contested ) He holds the highest numbers of kills in TOP GUN on Mirages and F-6, Only pilot to win Sher AFG 4 times in a row, Only pilot to fly F-16 or supersonics in the world with a Artificial leg ( world Record ). The first time he took of with his Artificial leg shot all CCS Instructors. Got his A1 CAT for flying flew F-6, F-7, Mirages. That was his down fall all the senior officers in AHQ didn't like that there problem was how can someone with 1 leg beat us. And the biggest problem he had he was to bloody disciplined , If you guys remember the 4 Turkish F-16 landed on 7th september in Chaklala he received them he was ASCA OPS now when the Vice chief Arshad came he turns around and tells him when you know we are meeting these pilot atleast wear proper uniform and pressed:lol::lol: the whole PAF found out about it because Arshad Sb made such a big fuss about it. WTF :hitwall:you don't say that to the VCOAS:lol: learned his lesson alright.

Problem with Dotani was he rose to the ranks very fast because of his flying skills When people went to Pakistani staff college he went to USA when people went to Islamabad he went to UK in total he did 21 foreign courses he was a natural, In PAF you get the best if you are best in Air , Holds 2 kills in Indo pak war claimed by his Officer Commanding ( never contested ) He holds the highest numbers of kills in TOP GUN on Mirages and F-6, Only pilot to win Sher AFG 4 times in a row, Only pilot to fly F-16 or supersonics in the world with a Artificial leg ( world Record ). The first time he took of with his Artificial leg shot all CCS Instructors. Got his A1 CAT for flying flew F-6, F-7, Mirages. That was his down fall all the senior officers in AHQ didn't like that there problem was how can someone with 1 leg beat us. And the biggest problem he had he was to bloody disciplined , If you guys remember the 4 Turkish F-16 landed on 7th september in Chaklala he received them he was ASCA OPS now when the Vice chief Arshad came he turns around and tells him when you know we are meeting these pilot atleast wear proper uniform and pressed:lol::lol: the whole PAF found out about it because Arshad Sb made such a big fuss about it. WTF :hitwall:you don't say that to the VCOAS:lol: learned his lesson alright.
Sir will u plz tell me what is MKH Dotni current status ? what he is up to now a days

:smitten::pakistan::smitten: M.M ALAM FOREVER 8 shots(claimed by paf) 5 shots(according to IAF) :smitten::pakistan::smitten:

so if you don't agree with me :bunny: its alright :chilli:

Can some one send me Alam Sir's mailing address/email.
PM me if you will.
Many thanks

off the top of my head....

Pilots:

S. Sajad Haider
M.M. Alam
Saiful Azam
F.S. Hussain
Sarfaraz Raffiqi
Hussain Shabir Syed
Sattar Alvi
Arshad Sami

many others too, and it's sad that we have only limited space.

Air Marshals:

Asghar Khan
Nur Khan
Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed

I would also like to give credit to Squadrons 19 and 24 for their particularly OUTSTANDING roles in the wars of 1965 and 71

Furthermore, Squadron 10 (of former East Pakistan) performed incredibly as well --having secured many succesful bombing sorties and ground attack missions in 1965; despite the fact that they were only allotted 10 F-86 Sabres for the Air Defence of entire East Pakistan.

On a side note, here is a picture of former Leader of the Number 19 Squadron of Pakistan Air Force (and national icon) S. Sajjad "Nosy" Haider

He is the hero of 1965 and 71 wars. In 1965 he executed a text book strike which earned him much fame - against Pathankot airfield destroying all enemy indian hunters & MiG-21 aircrafts on the tarmac.

He is also known for having downed several other indian aircrafts during his years in service with PAF.

My uncle and him go way way back. In the picture he is signing the book he recently had published. Truly one of the most inspirational days of my life.

Book is called Flight of the Falcon. A very gripping, well-written, and interesting book about his life in Pakistan Air Force. He's a true nationalist, Mashallah. :pakistan::pakistan:

8759c0560cd59b4eb5ef36d79237f37c._.jpg

172ca12a5af050184bd1dab0ee90884f._.jpg

off the top of my head....

Pilots:

S. Sajad Haider
M.M. Alam
Saiful Azam
F.S. Hussain
Sarfaraz Raffiqi
Hussain Shabir Syed
Sattar Alvi
Arshad Sami

many others too, and it's sad that we have only limited space.

Air Marshals:

Asghar Khan
Nur Khan
Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed

I have flown with all of them MM Alam , Safaraz, Shabir SB, Nur khan were the best of the best and Tanvir's name he was an average pilot. Shahid Latif, Khalid Chaudhry could do circles around him with there eyes shut.

Last edited by a moderator:
M M Alam is retired but not happily retired.

We get to hear he is dogged by intelligence agencies and in general his activities are restricted.

If he was so hugely right in Sept 1965 - what makes Pakistan think that he is wrong in his thinking, now?

Last edited:

We get to hear he is dogged by intelligence agencies and in general his activities are restricted.

If he was so hugely right in Sept 1965 - what makes Pakistan think that he is wrong in his thinking, now?

And where did you get this headline from :disagree:.
Last year in JAN I met him in London from there we went to Dubai
This year we met in Germany than came to London from there we both came to Houston.
By the way he retired a long time ago his info is of no use to any one.

Your info is wrong..It was during Attock Consipiracy case that he along with several paf pilots such as Sajjad Haider (Picture above) were interrogated because a coup attempt from some low level pilots were unmasked...it was after 71 but once the case ended..most of the pilots got their duty back without any problem and he also appeared on a tv program on GEO..his son was a cricketer in Pakistan Team.In other words, he is a free Pakistani citizen with no restrictions.

And where did you get this headline from :disagree:.
Last year in JAN I met him in London from there we went to Dubai
This year we met in Germany than came to London from there we both came to Houston.
By the way he retired a long time ago his info is of no use to any one.
"He was an Air Cdre when he confronted his Air Chief, some say over an injustice done to his friend Sekandar Mahmud, some say over some corruption in the Air Force.
In 1982 he was slammed with a forced retirement and my hero uttered "Allahu Akbar" in response. He had lived his useful time in the Air Force and God wished him to move on"

This is a excerpt from an article titled, 'From Dogfight to Divinity"written by one of our intellectuals Mr Badrul Ahsan, who met him in Karachi a couple of years back. The article also alleges that Alam was under surveillance by the ISI for being critical of the leaders of Pakistan - which is OK with me.

And here is something from the Wikipedia:

Alam was the first commanding officer of the first squadron of Dassault Mirage III fighters procured by the PAF in 1967. However he was not very popular with the top management of the PAF and was shortly removed from command, on the excuse that he was not "literate enough"

You know now Muradk, why we Bengalis had it up to here with you Pakistanis.

M. M. Alam may have been forcibly retired a long time ago and his info may not of value or importance to you or to Pakistan. But he does matter to us and even though you are current with him and can, if you so wish send me his address to communicate - But you won't.
Al hamdullilah

M. M. Alam is not Bengali..He is bihari hence he stayed with Pakistan after 71 and Muradk knows a lot more about MM ALAM Then you so please stop with your conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom