What's new

Who was responsible for 1971?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why, because it says bengali's weren't traitors?

I doubt if any poster baring @Kandari-Hushiyaar has seen the clip.

I think this is a good clip, I appreciate the loyalty & emotion displayed by this man as any loyal citizen of a nation should at 11.27 or thereabouts when he learnt that Dhaka had fallen

The reminiscences of this Inspector who was with Mujib all along gives good insight into Mujib & the character of the Inspector himself.

Anyone But Sheikh Mujib. Watch It. Specially the part after the Fall of Dhaka.

Thanks. The conversation/interview in the video is part of history. People should not blame Sk. Mujib for the separation of two wings. It was Yahya Khan and Z.A. Bhutto who tried to reverse the result of election by cancelling the convention of a National Assembly session in Dhaka on March 25, 1971 that would have elected the majority party leader as the new PM of Pakistan.

Sk. Mujib wanted fair treatment of east Pakistan and did not want to break the country into two. I wonder why being a military man, Yahya had no strategy. This Qizilbush President only took opportunity in the troubled water of 1969 to push out Ayub Khan. And Bhutto was such a brute that he would break Pakistan into ten, but, he must become the PM of one of these. Note what his action was on 14th December, 1971 at the UN session. He tore down the compromise formula accepted even by India and talked nonsense. Was he an agent of India?

I personally regard these two butchers as the Joint Fathers of Bangladesh Nation.

The video was made by Pakistanis though and as I said there are few interesting infos. First listen then Talk

Have you watched it?
Even Mujib was Pakistani before 1971 , so it doesn't matter even if pakistani is saying...Mujib was/is/will remain traitor for Pakistanis..He got Bangladesh, purpose well achieved by him..Now you have a country..His legacy is ruling Bangladesh and still serving well to make sure Bangladesh works as a vessel state of India..Good luck with that.We have nothing to do with Bangladesh now

Thanks. The conversation/interview in the video is part of history. People should not blame Sk. Mujib for the separation of two wings. It was Yahya Khan and Z.A. Bhutto who tried to reverse the result of election by cancelling the convention of a National Assembly session in Dhaka on March 25, 1971 that would have elected the majority party leader as the new PM of Pakistan.

Sk. Mujib wanted fair treatment of east Pakistan and did not want to break the country into two. I wonder why being a military man, Yahya had no strategy. This Qizilbush President only took opportunity in the troubled water of 1969 to push out Ayub Khan. And Bhutto was such a brute that he would break Pakistan into ten, but, he must become the PM of one of these. Note what his action was on 14th December, 1971 at the UN session. He tore down the compromise formula accepted even by India and talked nonsense. Was he an agent of India?

I personally regard these two butchers as the Joint Fathers of Bangladesh Nation.

Anyone But Sheikh Mujib. Watch It. Specially the part after the Fall of Dhaka

I don't care who responsible for what,1971 independence is the best thing happened to us.If Pakistan don't accept their crime and responsibility,then nothing can be done.We should maintain normal diplomatic and trade relation,but no close co-operation or brother thingy.We should concentrate to build a secular,democratic,prosperous Bangladesh with the spirit of liberation war. 1971 should be a guidance principle for our future,not the source of endless mud sliding with Pakistanis or Indians.Let them have their own version of the story.

Last edited:
i am happy we got separated, it was an illogical union from day one, a tiny piece of land thousand miles away from west surrounded by Bharat from all sides.

Geography was not in favor of so called east Pakistan.

i am happy we got separated, it was an illogical union from day one, a tiny piece of land thousand miles away from west surrounded by Bharat from all sides.

Geography was not in favor of so called east Pakistan.

It would have had to have been a case of 'one country two systems.' Nothing else would have worked.

Reactions: Max
well system of Pakistan was not that bad which Bengali like to present.. many member here have proven that share of Bengal was growing each year when they were part of Pakistan.

I know a lot of Pakistanis say they are glad that East Pakistan seceded but I am not one of them. It was a tragedy of immense proportions. I am of the older generation (not that old though!), East Pakistan was still Pakistan. To me that will always remain true. But I wish them luck.

The irony is that ZAB was Sindhi.

Yahya Khan was a Persian speaking qazalbash.
He meant the ruling political and military class of Pakistan. Stalin was georgian and even Lenin was I think german, but Russian were the ruling political class of Soviet Union.

The irony is that ZAB was Sindhi.

Yahya Khan was a Persian speaking qazalbash.
But, the military Jawans and generals were mostly Punjabi and Pathan. The generals dictated the terms since Pakistan was created in 1947. They did not allow the formation of a Constitution and democracy to establish root. The result was the division. If division is what we all wanted, it should have come through fruitful negotiations among the leaders of the two wings. But, the division materialized through a process of wanton killing and Indian interference.

well system of Pakistan was not that bad which Bengali like to present.. many member here have proven that share of Bengal was growing each year when they were part of Pakistan.

Not true, Here is the GDP per capita graph . There were ups and downs during Ayub era. But The majority of Export of Pakistan came from Jute. They built Karachi first and Then Islamabad, Dhaka got nothing in comparison.

pakistan-gdp-per-capita.png

bangladesh-gdp-per-capita.png

I know a lot of Pakistanis say they are glad that East Pakistan seceded but I am not one of them. It was a tragedy of immense proportions. I am of the older generation (not that old though!), East Pakistan was still Pakistan. To me that will always remain true. But I wish them luck.

Sorry sir, i am a 90's kid thats why i dont have much feeling towards them.. they were not part of my 90's Pakistan.

2nd our founding fathers never wanted Bengal to be part of Pakistan, nor Allama Iqbal, neither Chaudhary Rahmat Ali who purposed the name of Pakistan mentioned Bengal..

The indian PM has already claimed it openly that they were responsible.

Not true, Here is the GDP per capita graph . There were ups and downs during Ayub era. But The majority of Export of Pakistan came from Jute. They built Karachi first and Then Islamabad, Dhaka got nothing in comparison.

pakistan-gdp-per-capita.png

bangladesh-gdp-per-capita.png

Almost same in your charat as well, very little difference, where that jute went after you left Pakistan..? it was all conspirecy therories of inferiority sicken bengali leaders.
Pak-Bangladesh-GDP+1970-2011.jpg

http://southasiainvestor.blogspot.com/2011/12/economic-comparison-between-bangladesh.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom