What's new

Who said India/Indian Poor?

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
242213d5ad65388f4e4608366a88740e.jpg

Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati being garlanded with currency notes during a rally organised on the occasion of BSP's silver jubliee and Kanshi Ram's birth anniversary in Lucknow on Monday. Photo: Subir Roy

The multi-crore garland was just a small part of the extravagant Rs 200 crore celebrations that marked the BSP's 25th anniversary, and its founder Kanshi Ram's birthday, with a massive rally in Lucknow.

But Mayawati could be in trouble over the multi-crore garland with the Opposition asking questions where did it come from.

Was the garland just an expression of BSP supporters' love or was it the tax payers' money?

The Congress and the Samajwadi Party are demanding a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation into the expenses incurred during the rally.

FTN: Mayawati still not a national leader

Pics: Maya adorned with multicrore garland

"Mayawati loves money. Therefore she only wants people to give her money," said Congress leaders Akhilesh Pratap Singh.

Now there is an all out war within the BSP to claim credit for presenting the weighty garland.

Initially some leaders said that it was the Karnataka unit of the party which was behind the multi-crore present.

But now Mayawati's right hand man and PWD Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui is claiming that it was the Lucknow unit which gave the money.

"It was not the Karnataka unit. This was just a spontaneous expression of love from the people," said Karnataka BSP President YN Sharma.

But the BSP supremo has created another controversy after a swarm of bees were seen hovering around her at the rally. She has ordered an inquiry into what she considers to be a conspiracy to disrupt the proceedings.

Till last year Mayawati used to celebrate her birthday as an occasion to collect funds for her party. She stopped the practice this year but the dazzling affair in Lucknow costing more than Rs 200 crore as alleged by the Opposition has made it clear that money and Maywati are still a closely knit family.

But the question that remains unanswered is how can the UP Chief Minister justify such a huge expenditure after UP government came out with an official statement that they didn't have money to pay victims of Pratapgarh stampede.

I think we should pass a bill for missusing our curreny for other purposes like garland and shet.

It was a totally pathetic move by BSP for spending crores for a stupid garland.:tdown:

stupid f***s wasting our resources on personal exuberance instead of spending it to help the poor.

if i were to design a 'garland' for Mayawati it would look some thing like this:

for wasting resources building statues of herself and making garland notes :angry: :sniper:

Being from UP, it is a matter of sheer embarassment and shame for me that our state is proving a burden on country.
Nothing more to say. It's all our fault who select these leaders. :tsk:

Last edited:
She sees herself as modern day Ambedkar but acts like just another 2-bit politician. If only she could have put all this money to better use. I understand she is trying to raise the psychological esteem of the Dalit but she conveniently forgets that education is the best leveler. She could have opened a 100 schools for Dalits and the underprivileged with this kind of money. Alas, our politicians....

she is being grilled now...
her PR managers lack basic fundamental skills...but that is a lot of unaccounted currency...UP can not have SP or BSP taking the helm once more...
congressiyas will cash in...the day that happens...she will have a lot of cases against her....

Poverty in India is widespread with the nation estimated to have a third of the world's poor. According to a 2005 World Bank estimate, 42% of Indians falls below the international poverty line of $1.25 a day (PPP, in nominal terms Rs. 21.6 a day in urban areas and Rs 14.3 in rural areas); having reduced from 60% in 1980.

Yeah thanks for the information Mr. Obvious.:rolleyes: we Know India have a long way to go, but hey, we are moving ahead.

PS: welcome to Defence.pk

I got a feeling that this is going to make a big mess like the India shining campaign. Btw, howcome people dont protest instead of cheering with their leader, thatz what I was thinking.

she is being grilled now...
her PR managers lack basic fundamental skills...but that is a lot of unaccounted currency...UP can not have SP or BSP taking the helm once more...
congressiyas will cash in...the day that happens...she will have a lot of cases against her....

You are right IMO.
SP is nearly doomed considering Amar Singh issue.
BSP, as we are seeing there are a lot of bad raport.
BJP, this party used to have stronghold here once. However now they do not becauise of their bad policies.
Congress is doing good and slowly ergaining ground. Much to the effort of Rahul Gandhi.

I got a feeling that this is going to make a big mess like the India shining campaign. Btw, howcome people dont protest instead of cheering with their leader, thatz what I was thinking.

Though India shining was indeed not that much successful still I believe there are some reason to call it India shining.

And she says they dont have fund to compensate stampede victims..UP is the state which is dragging India backwards..most of the poor are in that state..Some thing must do to improve the social conditions there..Even Bihar is in a path of progress..

And she says they dont have fund to compensate stampede victims..UP is the state which is dragging India backwards..most of the poor are in that state..Some thing must do to improve the social conditions there..Even Bihar is in a path of progress..

Nitish Kumar is doing wonders for Bihar!
he has given a lot of power to the judiciary and there were a couple of good solid anti-corruption acts incorporated...
BSP and SP otoh try to create more and more vote banks for the next time they can grasp power...
UP should be divided further into smaller states...it is too big to be governed effectively...

Back
Top Bottom