What's new

Who is engineering the Anti-Dam Campaign on Social Media?

Bhai
Sindh is not getting water already. And you are building a dam. Even fresh world bank said don't build dam on Indus anymore.
Can we talk about fair distribution of water before blaming exploited poople from South ? Punjab is green and rest of the Pakistan is yellow. Please reflect a little
Dams arr for storage of water. So that it can be stored in summer and use in winter.

How dams r going to reduce water of sindh ?

Furthermore, why sindh is not making any barrages to store its own water wasted during summer season?

Last punjab was always that green. It always had 6 rivers in comparision to just one rivee in sindh ...

First , do.you any idea about water crisis down south ? Most.of.us guys are from Punjab on here. Correct ?
I'm from Sindh and yes there is severe water crises, especially in Karachi where you have to pay tankers for water but the problem is that currently there is no water that's the reason why the crises. Did you read reports that shows that Pakistan is wasting tens of billions of dollar worth water every year into the sea. Do you know just the 2010 flood made Pakistan lose 43 billion $? Why?, because there are no Dams to manage water.

Good input.
What is tail ?

And it's possible that those zameendar are taking all water and not letting it down south.
after murad ali shah statement last year that " pani ha nahe dam haya sa brho gai" i check dam data... tarbela over flow around 7th august and we were throwing water 100,000 to 150,000 cusec daily into sea upto 15 september.. so there is water my friend to fill a dam..
Sindh is getting water my friend but not for "tail". my farms are near digri mirpurkhas district. the canal coming from sukkur and unfortunately all influential people of sindh " pagaras" "zardaris" "talpurs" farms are fed through this canal and they use all illegal means to extract as much as they can and we dont even have drinking water. this winter i was travelling from lahore to hyderabad . all canals in punjab was bone dry and when i enter sindh every canal was full of water but again not for us the people living on tail. and what we get answer from waderas punjab pii gaya pani.. o bhai ur drinking more than ur fair share..

And this kind of water dispute will let people go.to BLA and work for them.
So this has to be made a priority.

Good input.
What is tail ?

And it's possible that those zameendar are taking all water and not letting it down south.

And this kind of water dispute will let people go.to BLA and work for them.
So this has to be made a priority.

Politicians in Sindh are curse to Sindh. While they have a palace of Shaheed bhutto in Larkana, rest people barely have a jhuggi that could save them from rain.

Karachi situation is worst where people have to spend money to get a water tanker because there is no water for Karachi.

Bro, only education can change the fate of Sindh. Ppp voters believe what their leadership tells them. After Zardari family, someone else will take over.

By the way, it's not only ppp, when it comes to dams, all the parties join hands. At one point even Altaf Hussain was against any kind of dam construction.

Good that now karachi has been freed from the clutches of MQM that's why we are witnessing some kind of sanity. Otherwise pre 2016 Karachi would've taken the same stance, at least in the assemblies.

An eye opener.

Where do you live and which party people of your area support?

Some sindhi federal bureaucrats do corruption in sindh on the pretext of taking revenge from Punjab - - - -

besides that hue and cry which mainly comes from ppp fuedals against presedential system is due to the fact that in this deformed parliamentary system they can have their old colonial way over the masses of their respected areas of influence, more like the remnants of his majesty's rule have sort out a proportionate loot formula of national resources and the common man has ever since been deprived of his constitutional right of self governance in the shape of city govts.

These thugs want to retain all power and money for their selves, hence their rigid insistence on ruling the people through bureaucrats/viceroys by keeping their elected mayors at an arm's length. All paaaliyamentee hell breaks loose even on the mention of some other form of democracy.

While its true what you said ,
Do we have ha e better distribution water ? Is there a way to find this if Sindh govt is lying or not
British directed water tomlunjab because it was easier and easier and quicker to get crops. I feel it's still the same. That's why I would like to know more

Giving the deserved share is like precaution that will avoid letting south go to surgeon ( army ) due to problem ( Eg BLA)

U can build however many dams but if system is not right , it will help nothjng

Some sindhi federal bureaucrats do corruption in sindh on the pretext of taking revenge from Punjab - - - -

besides that hue and cry which mainly comes from ppp fuedals against presedential system is due to the fact that in this deformed parliamentary system they can have their old colonial way over the masses of their respected areas of influence, more like the remnants of his majesty's rule have sort out a proportionate loot formula of national resources and the common man has ever since been deprived of his constitutional right of self governance in the shape of city govts.

These thugs want to retain all power and money for their selves, hence their rigid insistence on ruling the people through bureaucrats/viceroys by keeping their elected mayors at an arm's length. All paaaliyamentee hell breaks loose even on the mention of some other form of democracy.

While its true what you said ,
Do we have ha e better distribution water ? Is there a way to find this if Sindh govt is lying or not
British directed water tomlunjab because it was easier and easier and quicker to get crops. I feel it's still the same. That's why I would like to know more

Giving the deserved share is like precaution that will avoid letting south go to surgeon ( army ) due to problem ( Eg BLA)

U can build however many dams but if system is not right , it will help nothjng

Sayin jug ho ga to paani bharay ga, jug he nahi to pani Kia mun m store krna hai?Likewise formulas can be drawn and agreed upon when there's an infrastructure in place without that nothing gonna happen. Damn bn jy ga to paani bharay ga nae bny ga to sylaab m beh jy GA

You don't know how the minds of innocent Sindhis are manipulated. There's a reason the standard of education has been kept the lowest among all the other provinces.

Sir, Same holds true for Baluchistan, and not only a personal level, but national level, very disturbing.

Education is what transforms, misery into opportunity, alleviates poverty, opens a closed mind and makes a tolerant society. It is surely one of the root causes of our issues. Nothing less than treason.

Sayin jug ho ga to paani bharay ga, jug he nahi to pani Kia mun m store krna hai?Likewise formulas can be drawn and agreed upon when there's an infrastructure in place without that nothing gonna happen. Damn bn jy ga to paani bharay ga nae bny ga to sylaab m beh jy GA

Floods, or any other catastrophe, is just another opportunity for bureaucrats and politicians to score points / make black money.

Last edited:
Sindh is not getting water already. And you are building a dam. Even fresh world bank said don't build dam on Indus anymore.
Since years all the water is going down the drain in Arabian sea, without any value addition due to our negligence and resisting construction of Dams.
On the other hand India is building dam to choke Pakistan and very little of us arguing it but always stand tall to resist a construction of dam in Pakistan.
We ourselves choked our hydroelectricity and our 'Muqaddas Parliament' gone to create the menace of IPPs - so the 'Vaderas/Sayeens/Chaudhrys/Nawabs' all type of mafia could make unlimited financial gains in the form of subsidise/kickbacks/commission in oil deals. Even oil rich Arabs are exploring other ways for electricity generation like renewable and nuclear.
WB is a blatant tool of USA, they will always downplay the project beneficial to the countries.
Just see how the kicked cotton out of Pakistan and replaced it with sugarcane which is water hungary crop while the world is making sugar with beetroot. Look what this sugar mafia is doing to Pakistan and the farmers of Pakistan.
Just go to concerned authority and ask them you want to install a sugar mill in Pakistan - then come up here with your experience and share.

Can we talk about fair distribution of water before blaming exploited poople from South ? Punjab is green and rest of the Pakistan is yellow. Please reflect a littl
Don't come up with racist arguments of same Sindhi/Punjabi/Baloch/Pathan issue. If Punjab have canal irrigation system, who asked you to not implement such projects in Sindh.
If a farmer in Punjab could do a hardwork so could be the farmer of Sindh and they are doing their job well. They are successfully farming cattles at large scales.
Agricultural is a gifted profession from ALLAH SWT and one could find the mention of farms and cattles in Quran.
We on the other hand prefer jobs and take refuge in other countries for the purpose and I myself is one of such category. Here I interviewed most of the Pakistanis, they only doing the job here, in Pakistan they were only enjoying life.
So be realistic go to your land and make it green ... while being outside don't blindly blame to others for your own weaknesses.

when did you last study about water flow in indus to punjan and below?
Since years all the water is going down the drain in Arabian sea, without any value addition due to our negligence and resisting construction of Dams.
On the other hand India is building dam to choke Pakistan and very little of us arguing it but always stand tall to resist a construction of dam in Pakistan.
We ourselves choked our hydroelectricity and our 'Muqaddas Parliament' gone to create the menace of IPPs - so the 'Vaderas/Sayeens/Chaudhrys/Nawabs' all type of mafia could make unlimited financial gains in the form of subsidise/kickbacks/commission in oil deals. Even oil rich Arabs are exploring other ways for electricity generation like renewable and nuclear.
WB is a blatant tool of USA, they will always downplay the project beneficial to the countries.
Just see how the kicked cotton out of Pakistan and replaced it with sugarcane which is water hungary crop while the world is making sugar with beetroot. Look what this sugar mafia is doing to Pakistan and the farmers of Pakistan.
Just go to concerned authority and ask them you want to install a sugar mill in Pakistan - then come up here with your experience and share.

Don't come up with racist arguments of same Sindhi/Punjabi/Baloch/Pathan issue. If Punjab have canal irrigation system, who asked you to not implement such projects in Sindh.
If a farmer in Punjab could do a hardwork so could be the farmer of Sindh and they are doing their job well. They are successfully farming cattles at large scales.
Agricultural is a gifted profession from ALLAH SWT and one could find the mention of farms and cattles in Quran.
We on the other hand prefer jobs and take refuge in other countries for the purpose and I myself is one of such category. Here I interviewed most of the Pakistanis, they only doing the job here, in Pakistan they were only enjoying life.
So be realistic go to your land and make it green ... while being outside don't blindly blame to others for your own weaknesses.

bhai dam is being buillt in north ..
sindh and south is staying poor and dry.. we got to take care of the whole country.. warna phir keep fighting BLA etc..

and my line was ignored where even world bank said no to buiulding dams.. they are happy o provide loans for the dams otherwise.

sindh and south is staying poor and dry.. we got to take care of the whole country.. warna phir keep fighting BLA etc..
Why you don't ask such questions to Waderas/Sayeens whose lands are greener than even compared to whole country. Do you have a agricultural land in Pakistan? If yes what is your issue about it? Or just you are propagating the non-issue actually raised by India?

and my line was ignored where even world bank said no to buiulding dams.. they are happy o provide loans for the dams otherwise.
Not ignored, you are miserably failed to comprehend. Could you share the link, about WB no to build the dam?

Very Well Done

It shows We need much more such professional efforts to debunk ...

This is a sectarian thread.

The dam of Bilqis Peerni can only be built if The 7 Bibis agree to it as understood by the Sindhi folklore

when did you last study about water flow in indus to punjan and below?

I agree with you, but only a bit.
Blame also lies on ppp, it was in power from 08-13, why did it not revisit the distribution, if it was unfair, like it did with NFC?
Also, why did the sindh govt not do anything to store flood water? They could have easily built up artificial lakes, being fed from barrages. Would have generated electricity as well as saving a lot of water that was wasted.
Other cheap methods to save water include lining the canals and planting trees over them to prevent evaporation, also educating the masses in villages on modern irrigation techniques like drip irrigation etc. would have helped a lot.
Not a single one of those steps by taken by sindh govt to protect and ensure water supply security.
As usual, we, Pakistanis are blaming others for our own laziness.

Back
Top Bottom