What's new

Who is an Islamophobe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the belief that a person's behavior and character can be described completely by knowing their religion, and there is no significant individuality.

So it's both of your definitions depending on context.

This is a good chance of getting some things clear.

As a religion I am neither apprehensive of Islam, neither have any negativity towards it.

But I have reservations towards the followers of this religion, which from the outside looks as if the proponents of this religion are twisting and deforming it to harm not only themselves but others too.

Am I right or am I wrong. Does that mean I am an Islamophobe or not.

You can say the same for other religions as well, but there is a higher degree of hatred that Islam generates compared to other religions and this topic clearly talks of Islam, so we can concentrate on it.

Are we seriously going to convince an Indian atheist about what Islamophobia is? The very people who dont even recognise religions in first place? :cheesy: what a waste of bandwith................ I rather teach my vicious pitbull to embrace all stray cats than to reason with Indians.

What has recognition of religion got to do with the understanding of phobia? Do you have a phobia of atheists or Indians?

I guess what you say is correct.

I would still not even "test" a Rott with my kid man.

I've seen what a half irritated snap of one's jaw can do to a full grown man's shin bone.
If there was a dog rights group they would sue you, there are plenty of Muslim rights group so your preconceptions about dogs cannot be applied to humans.

YOU have to own the risk and put up best practices to minimize the risk ethically. There may be 9 to 1 Muslims who are a danger but if that one Muslim is treated unfairly then that's on you.

See its up to you, either you own the risk of hiring the right guy being an equal opportunity employer and you can test them equally, OR you can own the risk of getting a lawsuit on your hand.

Yes you got it. Asim did too, but would like to stretch the debate.

Sir I'm in the business of debating :).

What has recognition of religion got to do with the understanding of phobia? Do you have a phobia of atheists or Indians?

just wondering how would you define it- :coffee:-
ask doc to open a thread on it aswell-

If there was a dog rights group they would sue you, there are plenty of Muslim rights group so your preconceptions about dogs cannot be applied to humans.

YOU have to own the risk and put up best practices to minimize the risk ethically. There may be 9 to 1 Muslims who are a danger but if that one Muslim is treated unfairly then that's on you.

See its up to you, either you own the risk of hiring the right guy being an equal opportunity employer and you can test them equally, OR you can own the risk of getting a lawsuit on your hand.

Its luckily still much simpler in India.

You have a quota. You fill a quota.

Baaki aap jo kijiye.

A man's full service can be erased within the hour.

What's a few CVs?

I am still wondering which Godless Indian Peregrine was referring to.

Hope it wasn't me.

Its luckily still much simpler in India.

You have a quota. You fill a quota.

Baaki aap jo kijiye.

A man's full service can be erased within the hour.

What's a few CVs?

I am still wondering which Godless Indian Peregrine was referring to.

Hope it wasn't me.

We have a little India here in the UAE and the Indian way does not work. Its very hard for me to find work whenever its an Indian recruiter on the other side. Indian managers always specify "Indians may only apply", so ridiculous. As an IT professional, I need to know my stuff. Test me on that.

Also lets not forget where you have these sort of practices, you also find that "Ek banda Cochin se aya, peeche peeche poora Kerala usne bulwalia". Its harmful to the company at the end of the day, since that manager is hiring not based on qualification but based on personal prejudices. You have to be true to your profession and always get the best.

You see this a lot less in western countries thats why they are where they are and we are where we are.

We have a little India here in the UAE and the Indian way does not work. Its very hard for me to find work whenever its an Indian recruiter on the other side. Indian managers always specify "Indians may only apply", so ridiculous. As an IT professional, I need to know my stuff. Test me on that.

Also lets not forget where you have these sort of practices, you also find that "Ek banda Cochin se aya, peeche peeche poora Kerala usne bulwalia". Its harmful to the company at the end of the day, since that manager is hiring not based on qualification but based on personal prejudices. You have to be true to your profession and always get the best.

You see this a lot less in western countries thats why they are where they are and we are where we are.

I agree with you here. We have regional clicks controlling new hires within India itself.

Aapka number to uske baad hi aayega.

So do not fret. Its not because you are Muslim or Pakistani.

Just that there are so many of us, and the slots are few.

I am senior management and thankfully non-aligned one way or the other.

But it happens all over. And middle management is where the real fight is.

You speak of Cochin, and I can tell you, Mallus are one of the strongest clicks.

Where they get into the management, it becomes very difficult for an outsider to make a dent.

No offense to any Mallus here, but its a pretty well known phenomenon - especially in the BPO/KPO sector.

So the Department of Homeland Security probably has the correct policies, wouldn't you agree?

If those policies are based on behavioral profiles, not religion, then yes. In other words, going to a mosque is not a red flag. However, visiting certain websites or going to a particular preacher can be flagged.

The US is no more keen to have another OKC than it is to have a 9/11.

This is a good chance of getting some things clear.

As a religion I am neither apprehensive of Islam, neither have any negativity towards it.

But I have reservations towards the followers of this religion, which from the outside looks as if the proponents of this religion are twisting and deforming it to harm not only themselves but others too.

Am I right or am I wrong. Does that mean I am an Islamophobe or not.

You can say the same for other religions as well, but there is a higher degree of hatred that Islam generates compared to other religions and this topic clearly talks of Islam, so we can concentrate on it.

Ideally you would form an opinion about a specific individual based on their actions rather than presupposing anything. Again, we are drifting into the causes and justifications for apprehensions about Muslims rather than defining what Islamophobia is. I think we have defined it well enough already.

Vsdoc - would appreciate a reply from you on the 'Issue of Blasphemy' thread to my question as well.

TIA !!

What was your signature???

And I am an Islamic-terrorismophobe....... Not an Islamophobe per se......

"No Islam, Muslims, Pakistan, Pakistanis, IVC, Coconut Girls or member's Sasurals to be discussed please."

(background: these are all triggers which have gotten me banned multiple times in the recent past, so it was like a New Year's resolution signature)

If those policies are based on behavioral profiles, not religion, then yes. In other words, going to a mosque is not a red flag. However, visiting certain websites or going to a particular preacher can be flagged.

The US is no more keen to have another OKC than it is to have a 9/11.

Ideally you would form an opinion about a specific individual based on their actions rather than presupposing anything. Again, we are drifting into the causes and justifications for apprehensions about Muslims rather than defining what Islamophobia is. I think we have defined it well enough already.

Hmmm.
I guess I am not one then, I would hate anybody equally for doing what I think is wrong. I guess the cure for Islamophobia lie within the Muslim community.

We cannot change you - we can only react to you, that reaction could be a positive one or a negative one depending on what one is reacting to.

Vsdoc - would appreciate a reply from you on the 'Issue of Blasphemy' thread to my question as well.

TIA !!

Contrarian, a link would be great bro.

I must have missed it otherwise would have surely responded.

The problem with defining Islamaphobia is that once too often, racial attacks gets misinterpreted as Islamaphobia. Too often we read about a person from South Asia getting attacked in a different part of the world and if that person is Muslim, then it gets attributed to Islamaphobia. Later the perpetrators when apprehended indicate that they didn't have the faintest idea what religion the victim was despite his long beard and white outfit. All that offended them was that this brownie/sammy/****/coolie was in their space and that they wanted to teach him a lesson. For a few weeks prior to the arrest of the perpetrators though, the media and the Islamic community will insist that this was an Islamaphobic attack

Take the attack on the Sikh temple as an example of Indians on this very forum trying to peddle it off as an attack meant for Muslims. The man was a white supremacist does anyone really think it mattered that the temple belonged to Sikhs?? Yet all the Sikhs were saying we are not Muslim do not attack us as if that would have saved them. So it is not us who tries to attribute everything to Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom