What's new

Who are Jatts?

Are Punjabi Jutts and Haryanvi Jats the same people? Jutts I know, say Jat and Jutt are not the same.

I live close to Multan and visit all the time due to family. I'm not saying we are white people, but it surprised me that even though Jats are North Indian, they are very dark as south Indians.

Even jats from Karachi/Sindh are not as dark as Indian jats.

I haven't seen Jatts of Pakistan so can't make conclusion but people of the West Punjab looks more tanned.

Who are Jatt people and what is their origin? there are many theories but now one knows for sure

In the modern era three sub-divisions can be made, the Sikh Jats, the Hindu Jats, and the Muslim Jats all sharing almost the same culture, level of economic prosperity, and to a large extent the regions in Indian Mainland. Some people point to their Indo-Scythian or Saka origins. Both Sir Alexander Cunningham and Colonel James Tod agreed in considering the Jats to be of Indo-Scythian stock. Cunningham identified them with the Zanthi of Strabo and the Jatti of Pliny the Elder and Ptolemy, and held that they probably entered the Punjab from their home on the Oxus. The Jats seem to have occupied the Indus valley as far down as Sindh.

By the 10th century, the Jats started ruling in Punjab where they firmly established themselves in the beginning of the eleventh century. By the time of Babar, the Jats of the salt range had been in constant conflict with the Gakkhars, Awans and Janjuas. Tod classed the Jats as one of the great Rajput tribes, with Cunningham claiming the Rajput to belong to the original Aryan stock, and the Jats to a late wave of immigrants from the northwest, probably of Scythian race.

Both Sir Alexander Cunningham and Col Tod agreed in considering the Jats to be of Indo-Scythian stock. The former identified them with the Zanthi of Strabo and the Jatti of Pliny and Ptolemy ; and held that they probably entered the Punjab from their home on the Oxus very shortly after the Meds or Mands , who also were Indo-Scythians, and who moved into the Punjab about a century before Christ. The Jats seem to have first occupied the Indus valley as far down as Sindh, whither the Meds followed them about the beginning of the present era.

But before the earliest Muslim invasion the Jats had spread into Punjab proper, where there were firmly established in the beginning of the eleventh century. By the time of Babar, the Jats of the salt range had been in constant conflict with the Gakkhars, Awans and Janjuas.

Tod classed the Jats as one of the great Rajput tribes; but here Cunningham differed from him holding the Rajputs to belong to the original Aryan stock, and the Jats to a late wave of immigrants from the north west, probably of Scythian race.

In ‘Punjab Castes’, Sir Denzil Ibbetson wrote: ” …. the original Rajput and the original Jat entered India at different in its history. But if they do originally represent to separate waves of immigration, it is at least exceedingly probable, both from there almost identical physique and facial character and from the close communion which has always existed between them, that they belong to one and the same ethnic stock; and it is almost certain that the joint Jat Rajput stock contains not a few tribes of aboriginal descent, though it is probably in the main Aryo-Scythian, if Scythian be not Aryan.”
@Roybot..

Last edited by a moderator:
In the modern era three sub-divisions can be made, the Sikh Jats, the Hindu Jats, and the Muslim Jats all sharing almost the same culture, level of economic prosperity, and to a large extent the regions in Indian Mainland. Some people point to their Indo-Scythian or Saka origins. Both Sir Alexander Cunningham and Colonel James Tod agreed in considering the Jats to be of Indo-Scythian stock. Cunningham identified them with the Zanthi of Strabo and the Jatti of Pliny the Elder and Ptolemy, and held that they probably entered the Punjab from their home on the Oxus. The Jats seem to have occupied the Indus valley as far down as Sindh.

By the 10th century, the Jats started ruling in Punjab where they firmly established themselves in the beginning of the eleventh century. By the time of Babar, the Jats of the salt range had been in constant conflict with the Gakkhars, Awans and Janjuas. Tod classed the Jats as one of the great Rajput tribes, with Cunningham claiming the Rajput to belong to the original Aryan stock, and the Jats to a late wave of immigrants from the northwest, probably of Scythian race.

Both Sir Alexander Cunningham and Col Tod agreed in considering the Jats to be of Indo-Scythian stock. The former identified them with the Zanthi of Strabo and the Jatti of Pliny and Ptolemy ; and held that they probably entered the Punjab from their home on the Oxus very shortly after the Meds or Mands , who also were Indo-Scythians, and who moved into the Punjab about a century before Christ. The Jats seem to have first occupied the Indus valley as far down as Sindh, whither the Meds followed them about the beginning of the present era.

But before the earliest Muslim invasion the Jats had spread into Punjab proper, where there were firmly established in the beginning of the eleventh century. By the time of Babar, the Jats of the salt range had been in constant conflict with the Gakkhars, Awans and Janjuas.

Tod classed the Jats as one of the great Rajput tribes; but here Cunningham differed from him holding the Rajputs to belong to the original Aryan stock, and the Jats to a late wave of immigrants from the north west, probably of Scythian race.

In ‘Punjab Castes’, Sir Denzil Ibbetson wrote: ” …. the original Rajput and the original Jat entered India at different in its history. But if they do originally represent to separate waves of immigration, it is at least exceedingly probable, both from there almost identical physique and facial character and from the close communion which has always existed between them, that they belong to one and the same ethnic stock; and it is almost certain that the joint Jat Rajput stock contains not a few tribes of aboriginal descent, though it is probably in the main Aryo-Scythian, if Scythian be not Aryan.”
@Roybot..

We Rajputs are not a tribe tyvm.

jatts are racist as hell, especially the indian ones, they hate the low caste people. funny thing is that jatts technically are not even part of the hindu caste system, brahmins always disliked jatts.

pakistani muslim jatts might be more mixed then indian hindu or sikh jatts, maybe this is the reason they look a bit different. The funny thing is that on Harrapa dna project, jatts from Haryana and UP show 15-20% european dna in them, the highest in all of south asia, so not sure why that doesn't show up on their faces, pakistani jatts are more west asian dna wise

jatts are racist as hell, especially the indian ones, they hate the low caste people. funny thing is that jatts technically are not even part of the hindu caste system, brahmins always disliked jatts.

You are confusing hindu caste system with jats and gujjars, two completly different things.

@Roybot..

Scythians were yellow Mongoloid people who used to speak Aryan dialect, one of the the earliest mention of Scythian confirms it.

ae8it3.png

24etna1.png

Page 133

The Inequality of Human Races by Joseph Arthur Comte de Gobineau, (London, 1915)

You are confusing hindu caste system with jats and gujjars, two completly different things.

I am not confusing it, I know jatts are not part of the caste system, this is what I said. But they still treat lower castes hindus worse then Brahmins do

pakistani muslim jatts might be more mixed then indian hindu or sikh jatts, maybe this is the reason they look a bit different. The funny thing is that on Harrapa dna project, jatts from Haryana and UP show 15-20% european dna in them, the highest in all of south asia, so not sure why that doesn't show up on their faces, pakistani jatts are more west asian dna wise

West Asian DNA is Arab and not related to European DNA which comes from migration across Central Asia and not related to Arabia.

Thats true that they are ethnicities but now they are totally integrated into the hindu system and do assume roles.

jatts are fighters/farmers/land lords and Gujjars were all also the same.

Thats true that they are ethnicities but now they are totally integrated into the hindu system and do assume roles.

jatts are fighters/farmers/land lords and Gujjars were all also the same.

Pakistanis don't follow Caste system because in Pakistan 'caste' word was replaced with 'tribe' and their society got rid of caste system thus retaining the former caste names. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't know why but Jatts in India are dark as hell.

In Pakistan, Jats are not really that dark.

Jattis are pretty though.

I didn't found jatts that dark in India ... but if someone working all day long in the heat of rajasthan & haryana in the farms & then talk about fairness in colour, I'll give him a certificate of retard...

by the way jatt in black or white are jatts afterall.

I didn't found jatts that dark in India ... but if someone working all day long in the heat of rajasthan & haryana in the farms & then talk about fairness in colour, I'll give him a certificate of retard...

by the way jatt in black or white are jatts afterall.

You didn't read all my posts.

I said, the ones I meet in US don't even do kaaiti baari, and are very dark skinned.

I got jats working for me that have green eyes and tanned skin with thick mustaches, and they don't look anything like Indian Jats that I have met.

Anyone working in the sun will become dark.

Back
Top Bottom