What's new

Which is the most successful civilization of human history?

Kuchh baat hai ki hasti mitee nahin humari....

Sadiyon raha hai dushman, daur-e-zamana humara

- Allama Iqbal -

Please define civilization and successful

Civilization : People with some shared cultural aspects etc (loosely defined here)..

Success : Dominance, reach, and global influence of a civilization...

I guess what OP is basing its opinion on is the success ratio of the "Islamic Civilization" (if it is assumed as a 'civilization--Just like "West")... Islam rose in 7th century and it remained a global expanding political/cultural/scientific/military force for around 1100 years...So for 71% of ENTIRE its entire history, Islam saw "glory/height" in other words. Other civilizations are just no match to this success ratio...

Like the "West" (another loosely defined 'civilization') in last 2000 years : Only 300-350 years of 'glory/height' etc...means just 15% - 20 % of its history (of pass 2000 years) West saw 'glory'..you get the point?

Though this point of author is valid, I'd like to add that from 7th to 18th century, Islamic Power or Muslims weren't a 'monolith' group. Most of the times they were fighting eachother..

Islam was the first ever 'global civilization' in human history as the Islamic Ummayad Super power conquered parts of whole 'known-world' at that time... It spanned over an area of whooping 15,000,000km!!!!

But again, Islamic World is very solid contender but they don't have the wisdom or the experience of the master--The Chinese! We should all learn from each other though...

Hi,

what is "success"? how do you measure it what are the array of metrics used?

Greek, Arab, Egyptian, Persian, Indian, Chinese etc

Topic is too subjective to get neutral views.

But right now, easily the Western civilization. Everyone wants to go to US, Canada, Europe. They control the world.

If we define a civilization as "successful" in its most basic sense one is therefore asking how successful a civilization has been at sustaining civil law and polity - civil law being a state where laws exist and are enforced yet rule OF law is superior to rule BY law. Note that such a definition makes no judgment on a nation if, in the process of growing, it displaces or destroys others.

Analyzing this seems to be a tall order. You take every nation on Earth (not every state, but every nation) and look over the span of its lifetime. Some nations, like the ancient Greeks, practically defined civilization yet themselves had many "uncivilized" episodes. Some nations have existed longer than others and you have to divide that out. Some nations that were very successful in the past no longer exist today; should they be included?

It's not an easy question and I'm a bit surprised to see it here. Was the OP asked this as part of a homework assignment?

the only thing indian (ganga) civilization was successful at was copying others, even to this day indians only copy others, they never invent anything. Even their own religion hinduism was brought to them by someone else (aryans), before that indians were living in trees mostly

The civilizations on pakistani soil like Indus, Gandahara etc.. were successful

the only thing indian (ganga) civilization was successful at was copying others, even to this day indians only copy others, they never invent anything. Even their own religion hinduism was brought to them by someone else (aryans), before that indians were living in trees mostly

The civilizations on pakistani soil like Indus, Gandahara etc.. were successful

:rofl: :rofl:......

^ please let us know what did you indians create before Hinduism arrived from outside? there is no history in India before this, you were obviously living in jungles and trees

Did you see any mention of me saying Pakistani civilization being ancient. There is no such thing as indian or Pakistan civilization as it was like gandhara and harappa civilizations that existed long before any mention of india. I am not the one boasting about ancient india.

All I see Pakistanis like you don't have proper knowledge of Pre-Islamic history of your land. Gandhara is mentioned in Mahabharat (Maha=Great, Bharat=India) and Buddhist scriptures. Gandhara as an individual civilization didn't exist.

@cb4 : I thought we - the Butt Sahibans - were the most successful civilization of human history ! :undecided:

Kuch ghaltiii tou nahin hooo rahiii mujhee see isss proclamation mein ? :what:

Last edited by a moderator:
Greeko-Roman Civilization is a precursor to entire anglo-saxon europe we see today.

There is no such thing as Islamic civilization as Islam copied off from conquered subject so it should be rather called Mawali or Dhimi civilization.

The Chinese and Indians had their gold age as well!

@cb4 : I thought we - the Butt Sahibans - were the most successful civilization of human history ! :undecided:

Kuch ghaltiii tou nahin hooo rahiii mujhee see isss proclamation mein ? :what:

khanay penay kay lava or Butt kya karthay hain ? sara ghost kaja thay hain :omghaha:

Jokes aside Kashmiris i.e. Butt, Mir, etc were known as 'scholars'. They were considered to be highly educated in the sub-continent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom