What's new

which hill station to visit in december???

his5850

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
i want to plan a trip toward the north arenas i don't know which arenas are open by road so please give me advice and tell me which hill stations i can visit

well If you are lucky you might be able to reach Naran by road, most of the roads will be blocked by Glaciers , you can try Shogran , Nathia Gali .

i want to plan a trip toward the north arenas i don't know which arenas are open by road so please give me advice and tell me which hill stations i can visit
You can go to GB through KKH.

Swat, Murree/Nathiagali etc.

If by hill stations you mean the Galiyat region then, apart from Thandiyani, all should be accessible depending on the weather on that day. This isn't Northern Areas though.

If you meant places formerly known as Northern Areas, i.e. Gilgit Baltistan, then, baring freak snow storms, the KKH should be able to take you all the way till Hunza. Hunza till Sost is also usually ok. Adjacent regions on the way, e.g. Naltar, Haramosh, etc., will need jeeps. Same goes for eastern Gilgit Baltistan; the Gilgit-Skardu road should be fine all the way from KKH at Alam Bridge, through Skardu till Khaplu. The adjacent regions, e.g. Deosai, Astore, etc. won't be accessible without jeeps.

If you meant anywhere in Northern Pakistan, then the entire Kaghan Valley, most probably, wont be accessible beyond Balakot without jeeps. AJK too would be snow logged north of Muzzaffarabad. Swat might just be accessible with the new highway.

It would be easier if you could tell us where you want to go or what type of place you'd like to visit.

If by hill stations you mean the Galiyat region then, apart from Thandiyani, all should be accessible depending on the weather on that day. This isn't Northern Areas though.

If you meant places formerly known as Northern Areas, i.e. Gilgit Baltistan, then, baring freak snow storms, the KKH should be able to take you all the way till Hunza. Hunza till Sost is also usually ok. Adjacent regions on the way, e.g. Naltar, Haramosh, etc., will need jeeps. Same goes for eastern Gilgit Baltistan; the Gilgit-Skardu road should be fine all the way from KKH at Alam Bridge, through Skardu till Khaplu. The adjacent regions, e.g. Deosai, Astore, etc. won't be accessible without jeeps.

If you meant anywhere in Northern Pakistan, then the entire Kaghan Valley, most probably, wont be accessible beyond Balakot without jeeps. AJK too would be snow logged north of Muzzaffarabad. Swat might just be accessible with the new highway.

It would be easier if you could tell us where you want to go or what type of place you'd like to visit.
swat and naran kaghan please also tell me from which way i should go to swat and is new motorway open

swat and naran kaghan please also tell me from which way i should go to swat and is new motorway open

I wouldn't go to Kaghan unless you wanted to ditch your car at Balakot and then just hire a jeep for the whole trip. Even if the roads are clear of snow you always run a high risk of getting snowed in while there.

As for Swat, IIRC, the expressway was partially opened from Kernal Sher Khan interchange till Palai Interchange a few months ago. If it's still open, you'll take the M1 from Islamabad towards Peshawar and then take the exit at Kernal Sher Khan interchange (just a little before Mardan) onto the Swat Expressway. The expressway will take you till Palai interchange from where you'll need to make it to Chakdara. At Chakdara you'll take the Bahrain Rd all the way till Mingora. I've never taken this route myself since it didn't exist back then. The old route is that you take the M1 from Islamabad till Mardan, then you take the Malakand-Mardan Rd till Chakdara from where the Bahrain Rd would take you to Mingora. What I'd seriously recommend is that you call hotels in the valley and confirm the following details,

1) Hotel reservation. Most of the hotels will be closed for the winter season.
2) Status of the Swat Expressway.
3) Way from Palai till Chakdara. People did take this route when the expressway was partially opened. It might even be that the expressway is open from Palai till Chakdara after bypassing the tunnel at Palai.

Shogran.
Easily accessible and beautiful place. You can live in Kiwai in the valley below. From Shogran you can trak towards siri lake and then Paye.
Located btw Balakot and Naran.

shogran-b578342e-b537-4483-bae4-9f03ff4cd02-resize-750.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom