What's new

Which Fighter Jet You Would Like To See in BAF Fleet Su-30 MK2/Saab Gripen/J10 B !

I sincerely wish to see China and India breaking the western monopoly of aerospace technology.I hate it when western countries take hundreds of billions of dollars every years from Asia,Africa Latin America by selling civilian and military air crafts.It is one of their main pillar of world domination hence power imbalance in the world.China is advancing in this direction very quickly.I also wish the same for India.

Well lets wait and see. Right now India has to focus on getting many reforms through to get the bang for your buck capital investment to even make more optimal use of the human resource it is producing at all levels in basic sectors of industry/manufacturing....and also heritage ones like textiles/food processing/heavy industry etc.

Large scale capital intensive sectors like aerospace do not produce many jobs for the investment required. China has gotten to that level, we have not. India for time being is more focused on becoming part of the global supply chain at best. Full assembly and manufacturing needs a more robust MSME capability there (which in itself needs some initiation point from a calculated gamble like maruti-suzuki was for auto industry)....so it will take some time....could be next decade at some juncture I feel.

With purely space sector (ISRO), you can get results a lot faster because there are no huge massive capital costs from the massive shop floors needed (even for small aircraft given they have to be excellent quality to compete well)....and there are direct benefits for military tech (feedback into DRDO missiles, satellites etc). Thats why it was a concerted effort to invest into space by India even when it was much poorer....compared to aerospace sector generally.

Its same case with BD, you have to explore which capital investment gives you the most jobs....and after that most net profit/worker (essentially productivity extraction elasticity) so you can gain the wealth dividend to launch into more capital intensive industries once you have the industrial and fiscal momentum to do so.

But BD, and please dont take it the wrong way, really really needs to pick up pace of its education and training. Do not assume it will automatically come with the investment....in most of the juicy investments, the investors always check do you have a surplus pool of well trained labour (that they can refine as needed for their specific jobs)....and if you dont they simply look elsewhere immediately. The chicken most definitely comes before the egg in this from my experience. This is where the whole region can really learn from China and East Asia in general.

But BD, and please dont take it the wrong way, really really needs to pick up pace of its education and training. Do not assume it will automatically come with the investment....in most of the juicy investments, the investors always check do you have a surplus pool of well trained labour (that they can refine as needed for their specific jobs)....and if you dont they simply look elsewhere immediately. The chicken most definitely comes before the egg in this from my experience. This is where the whole region can really learn from China and East Asia in general.
The low skill manpower in BD is the result of how the economy geared to take advantage of two main pillar of BD's economy which require very little skill.Namely RMG sector and overseas migrant labor.Given the small size of economy it worked relatively well until now,perhaps will work some more years.It gave us a foundation and scares resource and means to transit to the next level of economic development.If there is no industry,skill can't be develop,nor will be the incentive to set up specialized educational center or eagerness of student to enroll in such institution.If these things are not available than investment can not be expected in any meaningful quantities.What is needed is the conscious govt. effort to break this bad cycle.Bangladesh govt. have taken some steps to overcome this impasse.They are setting 100 exclusive economic zone all around the country to attract foreign investment.Technical and vocational education also becoming attractive.In 2009,only 1 percent of student were enrolled in technical and vocational institute.Now it has risen to 13 percent,target is 20 percent by 2020.
http://bdnews24.com/education/2016/...tion-growing-in-bangladesh-education-minister

The low skill manpower in BD is the result of how the economy geared to take advantage of two main pillar of BD's economy which require very little skill.Namely RMG sector and overseas migrant labor.Given the small size of economy it worked relatively well until now,perhaps will work some more years.It gave us a foundation and scares resource and means to transit to the next level of economic development.If there is no industry,skill can't be develop,nor will be the incentive to set up specialized educational center or eagerness of student to enroll in such institution.If these things are not available than investment can not be expected in any meaningful quantities.What is needed is the conscious govt. effort to break this bad cycle.Bangladesh govt. have taken some steps to overcome this impasse.They are setting 100 exclusive economic zone all around the country to attract foreign investment.Technical and vocational education also becoming attractive.In 2009,only 1 percent of student were enrolled in technical and vocational institute.Now it has risen to 13 percent,target is 20 percent by 2020.
http://bdnews24.com/education/2016/...tion-growing-in-bangladesh-education-minister

Are the vocational institutes mostly publicly run or privately run? Govt has standards it enforces/monitors on them?

Any interest from BD industry to have greater participation in these vocational trainings from early stage (in return for getting first access to the skilled labour in the end)?

Its good progress on paper, but devil is in the details (same case in India btw - huge proliferation of ITI training is working very well in some states, not so much in others...it depends a lot on specific implementation and backing by the local industry and competent bureaucrats and not the raw numbers).

Are the vocational institutes mostly publicly run or privately run? Govt has standards it enforces/monitors on them?

Any interest from BD industry to have greater participation in these vocational trainings from early stage (in return for getting first access to the skilled labour in the end)?

Its good progress on paper, but devil is in the details (same case in India btw - huge proliferation of ITI training is working very well in some states, not so much in others...it depends a lot on specific implementation and backing by the local industry and competent bureaucrats and not the raw numbers).

Its a mixture of public and private. As for standards, I personally dont think they are great or at a serious competitive level to satisfy global market demand. For local BD market, probably yes but I doubt any such graduates end up working for foreign MNCs in the country.

Good point but no. From my understanding, these institutes are run by non-industry players who unlikely have much collaboration with companies. Hence there is always a skill-gap, feeding the age-old adage of 'graduates not fitting the requirement'. However, there are exceptions like BISIC and few more.

Unfortunately, there is no russian light weight single engine fighter. Had it been there, it would have taken care of defense requirement of many countries who do not have much money to spend on defense and who want to have a moderate capability.

Unfortunately, there is no russian light weight single engine fighter. Had it been there, it would have taken care of defense requirement of many countries who do not have much money to spend on defense and who want to have a moderate capability.

I read somewhere that the Russians will be working on a single engine fighter (akin to the F-35) after the completion of the T-50. Is this really true or just rumor?

I read somewhere that the Russians will be working on a single engine fighter (akin to the F-35) after the completion of the T-50. Is this really true or just rumor?

maybe it will be mig who will make it

Never heard of such thing.

a twin engined jet... by MiG... the developement already started. drawing board stage

i see it as a no brainer to not think of future and get any 5th gen platform... or atleast plan to...

bangladesh should go for mig-35 ..as BAF already got mig-29..it will b easy to induct .

Back
Top Bottom